[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

The Power of Dreams!

MtthsMlw

Going to sign the contract I see :wink:
That deal is as done as it can be. I'm happy with Vettel staying in F1 but Perez being pushed out certainly leaves a bitter taste.

kptaylor
kptaylor

Still holding out hope it's Lance pushed out in favor of Perez and Carlos Slim's cash.

Wouter

MtthsMlw wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 19:35
That deal is as done as it can be. I'm happy with Vettel staying in F1 but
Perez being pushed out certainly leaves a bitter taste.
It sure does !!
The Power of Dreams!

Mattchu

kptaylor wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 19:49
Still holding out hope it's Lance pushed out in favor of Perez and Carlos Slim's cash.
I wouldn`t put anything on it, there`s more chance both Haas will finish the next race in the top ten!

NAPI10
NAPI10

kptaylor wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 19:49
I hope Perez retained by RP [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-ne ... -point-f1/

PlatinumZealot

By the looks of it Vettel would get only more frustrated fighting in a midfield team. Best to leave Perez there.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Wouter

Ferrari requests Racing Point design clarification from FIA

Ahead of Wednesday’s hearing of the Renault protest of the Racing Point brake ducts, Ferrari has written to the FIA and Formula 1 chiefs requesting clarification on how the Racing Point methodology of ‘reverse-engineering’ its RP20 from last year’s Mercedes W10 can be considered as ‘design’.

Ferrari points to Appendix 6 of the F1 Sporting Regulations which state that a team can only use listed parts it has designed itself.

McLaren CEO Zak Brown said during the British Grand Prix weekend: “The majority of teams don’t like what Racing Point is doing.
“Whether it’s legal or not is up to the FIA to decide, but it’s outside the spirit of what F1 is.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari- ... -from-fia/
The Power of Dreams!

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Wouter wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 08:43

Ahead of Wednesday’s hearing of the Renault protest of the Racing Point brake ducts, Ferrari has written to the FIA and Formula 1 chiefs requesting clarification on how the Racing Point methodology of ‘reverse-engineering’ its RP20 from last year’s Mercedes W10 can be considered as ‘design’.

Ferrari points to Appendix 6 of the F1 Sporting Regulations which state that a team can only use listed parts it has designed itself.

McLaren CEO Zak Brown said during the British Grand Prix weekend: “The majority of teams don’t like what Racing Point is doing.
“Whether it’s legal or not is up to the FIA to decide, but it’s outside the spirit of what F1 is.
This is a real grey area isn't it. How many other teams have seen things on other cars and worked backwards? Also, are Racing Point expected to completely unlearn what they've learned from using last years brake ducts? I don't quite understand how this can be enforced. Surely, every team has something on their car that has evolved from a design that isn't their own. Nothing in this world is original.

Big Tea

NAPI10 wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 19:26
What happened to RP's race pace on Sunday?
Lance was struggling badly during second stint.
I know it is the done thing from some to knock Stroll, I usually do not, but did wonder if he depends on 'help' to set the car up?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

nzjrs

bonjon1979 wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 12:29
Wouter wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 08:43

This is a real grey area isn't it. How many other teams have seen things on other cars and worked backwards? Also, are Racing Point expected to completely unlearn what they've learned from using last years brake ducts? I don't quite understand how this can be enforced. Surely, every team has something on their car that has evolved from a design that isn't their own. Nothing in this world is original.
Exactly, called this within the first day of the protest being announced. The real fight here is what exactly does "design" mean.

Racer X

I mean its understadable since they didnt do it first and now the cars are basically locked in for next season and now they cant copy the Merc.

Because usually its monkey see monkey do and people copy other peoples designs all the time in F1 so retroactively how many things would be found to not be legal. :shock:
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

toraabe
toraabe

MtthsMlw wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 19:35
That deal is as done as it can be. I'm happy with Vettel staying in F1 but Perez being pushed out certainly leaves a bitter taste.
He will replace Albon

Gothrek
Gothrek

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 23:50
By the looks of it Vettel would get only more frustrated fighting in a midfield team. Best to leave Perez there.
Doesnt make any sense what you are saying? Ferrari is worse then RP at the moment. Some extremely lucky podiums will not change that. Vettel would be N1 at RP, back to a UK based team. No more Ferrari politics and mess.

PlatinumZealot

Ferrari is a big brand at least. Vettel is already frustrated with this new mid-field Ferrari and I can really see that he wants out. He wants to fight for wins.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏