[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Moore77

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

godlameroso wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 16:45
Moore77 wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 15:55
godlameroso wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 15:46
No word yet on the long runs, on mediums he seems to be .5 off Bottas in race pace.
Bottas on Hards did 16 laps with an average around 1:38.5xx and Max on Mediums (6 laps) did 1:39.4xx and 12 laps before that on Softs with 1:40.7xx. Bottas did 7 laps with an average of 1:40.0xx (anomalous laps removed).
Looking at the long runs, individual lap times, consecutive times tells much more than average pace.
You telling this? :)
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

McMika98
McMika98

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vers ... n=widget-1

Well I been trying to warn everyone of this since last year. So after having one of the best preseason ever, Redbull find themselves in the clutch of Renault after half a season.

Wouter

It didn't look good. Why do they always take so long to get a good setup?
Then why are they doing simulator work in the factory for a GP ?!
Why do other teams have the correct setup right away?
The Power of Dreams!

epo
epo

McMika98 wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 20:15
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vers ... n=widget-1

Well I been trying to warn everyone of this since last year. So after having one of the best preseason ever, Redbull find themselves in the clutch of Renault after half a season.
Dude just stop posting please.

Wouter

Honda has simulated everything

"After the problems in Monza and Mugello it was good to get a new engine and just start from scratch. They were really able to simulate what went wrong. They say they solved that. Of course I am happy with that. The problems were different from those in Monza and those had already been solved".

In the meantime, Verstappen has had a few good conversations. "I spoke with Christian and Helmut, but also with Honda. Because of course it is always better to hear it from the people themselves instead of viavia. That was important to me", said the Red Bull driver at Ziggo Sport.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/69037/ve ... tant-.html

Honda said that the second engine has been added to the pool and that it can still be used.
Normally they run with an older engine on Fridays and not with the race engine.
Now I have watched the entire Ziggo interview, but it is not clear to me whether Max also drove
the new third engine yesterday on on Friday, because why if the second one is still good?

The quoted part above is exactly what Max said.

Question: Did anyone here during the FPs hear what engine he drove yesterday?
The Power of Dreams!

_cerber1

Wouter wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 09:00
Question: Did anyone here during the FPs hear what engine he drove yesterday?
Usually a new motor is always used from Friday to have it fully checked. It is not productive to put a new motor on Saturday, in case of identified problems there is very little time for replacement.

search

yeah, and to get a new engine in the pool (which FIA confirmed yesterday) you need to run it, as far as I know. Otherwise it would have been announced today

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Engine wont make a difference if the car cant turn in the 90s

godlameroso

It turned pretty well.
Saishū kōnā

Sayeman

Not bad, eh bois! Now hopefully the engine wont die on the start and drivers get a good start.
Never Give up.

Revs84
Revs84

Indeed. Strategically he's in the best position to win since he gets the slipstream and has medium tyres against Hamilton's softs.

Then again we know the Mercs are super strong around here and Ricciardo has been on it all weekend, so let's see.

JordanMugen

epo wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 20:51
McMika98 wrote:
Why the downvotes? Albon was outqualified by Renaults, and Verstappen only found the pace to clear Racing Point and Renault at the last moment. Before that Red Bull was struggling to beat midfield runners. :|

It's good Red Bull seem to be in touch to attack Mercedes in the Sochi GP, but clearly there were still balance problems with the Red Bull cars and they were not performing to the full potential.

Sayeman

JordanMugen wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 15:30
epo wrote:
McMika98 wrote:
Why the downvotes? Albon was outqualified by Renaults, and Verstappen only found the pace to clear Racing Point and Renault at the last moment. Before that Red Bull was struggling to beat midfield runners. :|

It's good Red Bull seem to be in touch to attack Mercedes in the Sochi GP, but clearly there were still balance problems with the Red Bull cars and they were not performing to the full potential.
Are you one of those Mclaren/Renault folks like the downvoted dude, who keeps posting here just to create unnecessary shitstorm?
Never Give up.

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 20:26
It didn't look good. Why do they always take so long to get a good setup?
Then why are they doing simulator work in the factory for a GP ?!
Why do other teams have the correct setup right away?
Has the trick front suspension together with high-rake concept given the Red Bull an unnecessarily overcomplicated aero map (in terms of ride height, pitch, roll, yaw etc) that Red Bull themselves don't even understand fully? :?:

Sayeman wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 15:34
Are you one of those Mclaren/Renault folks like the downvoted dude, who keeps posting here just to create unnecessary shitstorm?
:?: Nope!

I modified Honda's 2018 Honda in Formula One advertisement for fun with updated clips & stills, I hope you like it. I'm still putting together a Honda 1,2,V2,3,4,V4,5,V5,6,V6,V8,V10,V12 engine sound video, which isn't quite finished yet (ITBs on Honda Beat are a lot of fun for the 3 cylinder sound!). :)

Red Bull & Jaguar was my favourite team even before because of Webber (and later Ricciardo) by the way. :) =D>

Surely even a Red Bull fan can see Verstappen and Albon making strange spins in free practice (at nearly every race meeting :| here at Sochi, Verstappen's spin in Monza FP1, they had spins in Spa & Catalunya practice IIRC) and say "that's not right, why is the balance of the car so bad!?"

godlameroso

JordanMugen wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 15:30
epo wrote:
McMika98 wrote:

You realize Verstappen did Q2 on mediums right? Probably didn't push too hard, probably just wanted to make it through to Q3. Just glad he put it together when it counted. As for the race tomorrow, the soft is looking like it won't make it more than 12 or 13 laps before it starts going off. The mediums will be faster than the softs after lap 7 or 8, but the stint on the hard tire will be the difference maker.

Hamilton can undercut both Verstappen and Bottas tomorrow, but will be vulnerable at the end of the race. The ideal strategy since it is an easy one stop is to push the first stint to be strong at the end. Also there's the chance of a safety car.

I doubt the same power unit issue will happen again. If I know Honda, they'll make sure he gets away cleanly.

The dream scenario would be a Verstappen rocket start snatching 1st from Hamilton at the chicane. Then managing the race, passing is very hard around here, and Mercedes with their high drag car may have a hard time getting past.
Saishū kōnā