[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
6 of 12
6 of 12

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

If I were Marko, I would have sacked Albon by next race. His poor pace aside, his whiny attitude is not what RB can be looking for :-({|=
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

Big Tea

6 of 12 wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 21:46
If I were Marko, I would have sacked Albon by next race. His poor pace aside, his whiny attitude is not what RB can be looking for :-({|=
But who do you replace him with? Gasly was , erm, Ghastly in that seat, so they bomb him out.
He goes to AT and surprise, he is not so bad a driver after all. Albon seems to be s good as Gasly, until he gets 'the other car' with Max.

Two good drivers have been very poor in that car. They change one, and it is the same result. maybe it is not the driver that is at fault? Red Bull seem to have come to this conclusion, or he would be gone by now.

The only driver I think could be any better than the two they tried is Kimi, but he is signed. Otherwise it will be a driver 'going through the motions' rather than racing. A test driver in fact.

I like Hulk, but he can only drive what is there and I do not think he is much better than Albon or Gasly.
it is the 'poison chalice' of F1
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

lio007

The following is more like joking than being serious: 8)
Conspiracy theory - Alex get's a certain virus all of a sudden and a certain german driver will get the chance to drive the RB16 for one race weekend.

NathanOlder

Big Tea wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 21:59
6 of 12 wrote:
But who do you replace him with? Gasly was , erm, Ghastly in that seat, so they bomb him out.
He goes to AT and surprise, he is not so bad a driver after all. Albon seems to be s good as Gasly, until he gets 'the other car' with Max.

Two good drivers have been very poor in that car. They change one, and it is the same result. maybe it is not the driver that is at fault? Red Bull seem to have come to this conclusion, or he would be gone by now.

The only driver I think could be any better than the two they tried is Kimi, but he is signed. Otherwise it will be a driver 'going through the motions' rather than racing. A test driver in fact.

I like Hulk, but he can only drive what is there and I do not think he is much better than Albon or Gasly.
Can I just ask, when exactly was Albon "good" as you put it ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Big Tea

NathanOlder wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 22:59
Big Tea wrote:
6 of 12 wrote:

Ok. fair point :mrgreen: . I mean in lower categories. He did have up's and downs, but he seemed as good as 'most' .
In Str he was as good as his more experienced team mate
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

JordanMugen

Big Tea wrote:
Hulk is a lot better than Albon or Gasly, Hulk was less than a tenth off Ricciardo in the Renault on average. Hulk has experience with the Renault car with unstable rear downforce and was able to drive it to the limit (more or less).

Big Tea wrote:
The only driver I think could be any better than the two they tried is Kimi
Ahem, a certain #14 would likely be quite quick in a Red Bull. :wink:

godlameroso

At what point will Albon simply not want to be there any more?
Saishū kōnā

Hkbruin2
Hkbruin2

To be fair to Alex, Kvyat and Gasly also were pretty vocal about the track limits, and Kimi was seen after qualifying being petty animated so it’s not just Albon complaining. Albon needs to just grow some hair on his b@lls and get on with it.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Hkbruin2 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 05:59
To be fair to Alex, Kvyat and Gasly also were pretty vocal about the track limits, and Kimi was seen after qualifying being petty animated so it’s not just Albon complaining. Albon needs to just grow some hair on his b@lls and get on with it.
Kimi also after that in an interview basically said “it is what it is and it’s the same for everyone”.

velizare
velizare

Big Tea wrote:
i think he also requires a car with stable back axle, even more as vettel does.

restless
restless

NathanOlder wrote:
Compare Gasly 2019 in RB and Albon 2019 in RB
Albon was way better

etusch

velizare wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 09:13

i think he also requires a car with stable back axle, even more as vettel does.
I think a driver who wants stable rear or front is a bad driver. They have to have ability to drive with oversteer, understeer or both in the same time by managing them/having knowledge how to handle them(of course steerings must be predictable). Maybe some corners require understeer to turn them faster.

nzjrs

Hkbruin2 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 05:59
Indeed. I can't believe everyone always falls for the FOM trick of "play more radio of the person in the news that week" because clicks.

6 of 12
6 of 12

Big Tea wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 23:32
NathanOlder wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Ok. fair point :mrgreen: . I mean in lower categories. He did have up's and downs, but he seemed as good as 'most' .
In Str he was as good as his more experienced team mate
It's just not good for your image if your team mate is always there to potentially pick up the pieces when Mercs have an issue and you are fighting to be in the points and then complain about others racing you too hard or about track limits. It's different with Kimi as well because he is on par with Giovi and because he is complaining without whinig and didn't get half his laps deleted (not quite, anyway 8) :wink: ). Ever since Ricciardo left, Red Bull have basically been running one car and Alpha Tauri had three, only one in a different colour scheme. They have to have look outside their programme because they lost Ricciardo. They should have done it then and would not have burnt two of their young talents, and they still need to do it now. Give Albon a year in the simulator or sth, it did work wonders with Alonso in 2002...
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

NathanOlder

restless wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 09:59
NathanOlder wrote:
Compare Gasly 2019 in RB and Albon 2019 in RB
Albon was way better
The car was way better, the redbull is always stronger in the 2nd half of the season. Its been that way for a long time. Albon had a more competitive RedBUll than Gasly did, Gasly still outscored Albon in the championship as well. Albon hasn't performed well enough for a podium despite being in the redbull for a year and a half. Brazil last year he lucked in with safety car, Austria this year, same story, same goes for tuscan gp.

At least Gasly has shown consistent form in Alpha Tauri. Albon never has IMO.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC