[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Noetiepoerker26

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Jaisonas wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:06
Ah yes, a Honda Certified™️ wet start. They still havent sorted that out...
Looked like Albon's start was indeed (almolst) just as bad as Verstappen's
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.

velizare
velizare

Noetiepoerker26 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:11
Jaisonas wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:06
Ah yes, a Honda Certified™️ wet start. They still havent sorted that out...
Looked like Albon's start was indeed (almolst) just as bad as Verstappen's
or he just was told to not uphold verstappen at all.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Another example of why Albon shouldn't be driving for Red Bull next year.

Sieper

Just read that they had the complete wrong frontwing setting. Off by 7 degrees due to a software glitch apparently? That is massive. No wonder Max complained about the front wheel grip, especially on the inters. I already saw a handfull engineers busy checking the wing with measuring tools (and looking quite confused) during one of the FPs (I think it was).

GhostF1
GhostF1

Fulcrum wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:20
What? This was probably a standout performance for Alex this year.. his only major mistake came from absolutely ruined tyres while the track was still wet. His pace was fantastic during the race and general car control was among some of the best.

The result didn't come but he drove superbly in these conditions, even performing a fantastic overtake or two. Strategy and tyre life timing lost him a podium at least. Lewis is damn lucky his inters wore down to essentially slicks at the time they did.. perfect as the track dried just enough, any earlier (ala Alex's) and he'd of felt he would of needed to pit.

zibby43
zibby43

GhostF1 wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 02:12
Lewis is damn lucky his inters wore down to essentially slicks at the time they did.. perfect as the track dried just enough, any earlier (ala Alex's) and he'd of felt he would of needed to pit.
Lewis kind of made his own luck by making those inters last longer than anyone else could in the changing conditions.

Albon had one of his best weekends pace-wise . . . although the results don’t show it. Kind of mixed emotions again at Red Bull, as Albon was looking the favorite for victory until his mistake.

velizare
velizare

GhostF1 wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:
What? This was probably a standout performance for Alex this year.. his only major mistake came from absolutely ruined tyres while the track was still wet. His pace was fantastic during the race and general car control was among some of the best.

The result didn't come but he drove superbly in these conditions, even performing a fantastic overtake or two. Strategy and tyre life timing lost him a podium at least. Lewis is damn lucky his inters wore down to essentially slicks at the time they did.. perfect as the track dried just enough, any earlier (ala Alex's) and he'd of felt he would of needed to pit.
too little, too late. i suspect things are settled by now. and perez delivered the results albon didn't managed.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 18:44
Just read that they had the complete wrong frontwing setting. Off by 7 degrees due to a software glitch apparently? That is massive. No wonder Max complained about the front wheel grip, especially on the inters. I already saw a handfull engineers busy checking the wing with measuring tools (and looking quite confused) during one of the FPs (I think it was).
"Everything went wrong basically," he [Max] said. "It turned out that the adjustment of my front wing was completely wrong.

"On one side we were seven degrees short of what should have been our front wing set-up. That is quite a lot really.

"Normally you adjust one degree here or there, or something like that. But seven degrees, that is a lot. So what can you do as a driver? Almost nothing works as a result of that."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15359 ... -in-turkey
The Power of Dreams!

Revs84
Revs84

Wouter wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 18:22
Sieper wrote:
"Everything went wrong basically," he [Max] said. "It turned out that the adjustment of my front wing was completely wrong.

"On one side we were seven degrees short of what should have been our front wing set-up. That is quite a lot really.

"Normally you adjust one degree here or there, or something like that. But seven degrees, that is a lot. So what can you do as a driver? Almost nothing works as a result of that."
Like someone commenting under the motorsport.com article, I was also taking his comments with a pinch of salt, thinking, how much could the difference really have been? Until I saw the image :wtf:

There was a huge difference! Anyone knows if under any circumstance such a huge difference between left and right makes sense, or is this genuinely a mistake?

Big Tea

Revs84 wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 18:28
Wouter wrote:
Sieper wrote:

Like someone commenting under the motorsport.com article, I was also taking his comments with a pinch of salt, thinking, how much could the difference really have been? Until I saw the image :wtf:

There was a huge difference! Anyone knows if under any circumstance such a huge difference between left and right makes sense, or is this genuinely a mistake?
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp ... racing.jpg
Is that a genuine 'stable' image or has the car just dropped off the curb there and there is osculation?

Surely Max would have felt a problem with that amount of difference
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Big Tea wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 18:46
Revs84 wrote:

Is that a genuine 'stable' image or has the car just dropped off the curb there and there is osculation?

Surely Max would have felt a problem with that amount of difference
And he did. He was on the radio all weekend about understeer, unable to follow the McLarens, no grip on steer in. Etc. Etc. Plus the whole crew incl Monaghan were in his box with measuring tools before Q3 started. Looking dumbfound. Only on the full wets he was able to put the car where he wanted. Still. Somehow. This race hurts so much, it could have been an incredible win, he was so fast on full wets. :( :(

diffuser

Revs84 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Sieper wrote:

Think the lighting in that picture is gonna make it look worse than it is. Plus, the side the picture is taken from will always look flatter.

Revs84
Revs84

diffuser wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 19:08
Revs84 wrote:

Think the lighting in that picture is gonna make it look worse than it is. Plus, the side the picture is taken from will always look flatter.

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... cing-1.jpg

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... cing-1.jpg
It depends on which lap the photos were taken as well I guess. I don't remember which pit stop it was, but one of the flaps (I believe the right) was adjusted.

etusch

GhostF1 wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:

I also think that Albon raced well until he declared his tyre gone. I think Redbull should change his tyres as soon as his performance started to fall. It was a strategic fault and if it didn't happen Albon were not spin then who knew what would happen

diffuser

Fulcrum wrote:
You know, you can agree or disagree with Fulcrum but voting him down just cause you don't like what he says is ...., I don't know filling the blank.