[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

godlameroso wrote:
09 May 2020, 14:58
Big Tea wrote:
09 May 2020, 13:01
godlameroso wrote:
09 May 2020, 00:43
Cheer up mate, we'll be back racing in a month.
Unless they see a (expected) big spike in C19 when lockdown opens up, then its rethink time
I hope not. I sincerely believe the worst is behind us now. I believe F1 can manage the situation. That the extra month is due to logistics more than fear of "it".
I also really hope not too, but it seems to me to be inevitable. Once different circles of people resume mixing, it is more or less resetting it to pre lockdown. I returned from a cruse early march and we had visited Spain and Italy, so we immediately began self isolating incase we had imported it, then the official lockdown. So we are going nuts here lol
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

Big Tea wrote:
09 May 2020, 17:23
godlameroso wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
09 May 2020, 13:01

Unless they see a (expected) big spike in C19 when lockdown opens up, then its rethink time
I hope not. I sincerely believe the worst is behind us now. I believe F1 can manage the situation. That the extra month is due to logistics more than fear of "it".
I also really hope not too, but it seems to me to be inevitable. Once different circles of people resume mixing, it is more or less resetting it to pre lockdown. I returned from a cruse early march and we had visited Spain and Italy, so we immediately began self isolating incase we had imported it, then the official lockdown. So we are going nuts here lol
We in Barcelona are in lockdown since 23 March, so... I'm tired to see old races only lol

Big Tea

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 May 2020, 19:37
Big Tea wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

We in Barcelona are in lockdown since 23 March, so... I'm tired to see old races only lol
Was in Barcelona Mar 2nd, it was last day but one of our holiday, cant wait to get back. Keep your spirits up and get beer in for me Lol
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

Big Tea wrote:
09 May 2020, 19:45
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Was in Barcelona Mar 2nd, it was last day but one of our holiday, cant wait to get back. Keep your spirits up and get beer in for me Lol
We don't have many things but... Beer we've a lot of it :lol:

And definetely it's raining here. I'm only 5km far from the Barcelona Circuit, so it could've been a great race to see at track... Damn it! :cry:

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

I am working all workdays as everytime (nothing changed) and only stay at home for weekends. Still boring from situation. I can not imagine how much you bored

Wouter

This short Q&A is from 10 days ago. Last week people in Monaco can go outsite again. No lockdown anymore.

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

Carlos a driver developed by Redbull ends at Ferrari I wonder if Marko and company made the wrong decision.Its remarkable Sainz found a seat in three top f1 teams in a space of less than 5 years yet the like of Hulk or maybe Alonso are founding getting a seat tricky.is he really that good

etusch

Bill wrote:
14 May 2020, 18:44
Carlos a driver developed by Redbull ends at Ferrari I wonder if Marko and company made the wrong decision.Its remarkable Sainz found a seat in three top f1 teams in a space of less than 5 years yet the like of Hulk or maybe Alonso are founding getting a seat tricky.is he really that good
we will see what he will do. We don't know what he accepted with contract.
I think their intent is a good driver near their first one:Leclerc

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Bill wrote:
Maybe Sainz is easier to work with. Sometimes it's the little things like whether people get on is more important than anything else.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ispano6

Bill wrote:
Red Bull's system produces talent, simply put. Vettel, Ricciardo, Sainz are all top quality drivers but clearly Marko saw Max stood above the rest. Imagine if Kvyat didn't come back to Toro Rosso and were still a development driver at Ferrari, could the open seat have gone to him? Many what ifs but at the end of the day like Max said most if not all of the drivers in F1 have the speed to be in F1. Probably some outliers. Sainz is pretty aggressive and has good opening lap performance. He probably will push Leclerc and give Max trouble in the Ferrari. With Alex in the mix, the battles are going to be epic.

godlameroso

The factories opening up once again for business, how much can the cars be developed in the 2 months prior to the opening race?
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

Keeping in mind stable regulations and guestimating that a team would improve 1,5 sec year-to-year for a given venue .. 1,5 sec / 52 weeks gives us a weekly rate, times 8 weeks would be around 0,23 seconds/lap. But you can honestly insert whatever value instead of those 1,5 sec. Personally I think over 2 tenths is a bit optimistic.

What can make a bigger difference is if those 8 weeks enable Honda to finilize another spec engine. Then of course the performance improvement can be a step-change. Lets hope that's the case 8)

godlameroso

The engine they brought to Aus was already a step up from testing.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
16 May 2020, 20:30
The engine they brought to Aus was already a step up from testing.
According to my information, the engine factories (including Honda Japan) had to remain closed for a while.
Do you know until what date?
I can also be wrong.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Hard to say, not all engine development happens in the factory, and it's probably impossible to police certain aspects. Fuel for example is impossible to stop or police development on, as are lubricants. The manufacturers shut down, but what about their suppliers, individuals consulting for those suppliers, etc.?
Saishū kōnā