[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tangodjango
tangodjango

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Snorked wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 18:42
Ted Kravitz says Red Bull will announce Perez next week.
we are expecting that they are going to announce that Sergio has joined the team and that Alex is staying on at the team as a test and reserve and they might even share the drive.
Shared drive... is he pulling this out of his ass?
Probably means a few FP1 sessions.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

El Scorchio

tangodjango wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 20:51
Snorked wrote:
we are expecting that they are going to announce that Sergio has joined the team and that Alex is staying on at the team as a test and reserve and they might even share the drive.
Shared drive? That would be insane. Just commit to one bloody driver or the other. Maybe Albon has possession of some incriminating photos....

Terrific news if they have Perez though provided they actually give equal support to him. Could be very interesting.

tangodjango
tangodjango

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 20:57
tangodjango wrote:
Snorked wrote:

Shared drive? That would be insane. Just commit to one bloody driver or the other. Maybe Albon has possession of some incriminating photos....

Terrific news if they have Perez though provided they actually give equal support to him. Could be very interesting.
Assuming Red Bull are closer to Mercedes...
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

El Scorchio

tangodjango wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 21:00
El Scorchio wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 20:57
tangodjango wrote:

Assuming Red Bull are closer to Mercedes...
I was thinking more there might be some actual intra-team competition first and foremost, if an adequate driver is at last in the other car.

ispano6

The other car could have been piloted by Ricciardo or Sainz had they stayed but they left on their own accord. Maybe they were afraid to be powered by Honda or they knew they wouldn't get equal treatment to Max.

Juzh

ispano6 wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 22:11
The other car could have been piloted by Ricciardo or Sainz had they stayed but they left on their own accord. Maybe they were afraid to be powered by Honda or they knew they wouldn't get equal treatment to Max.
Or they knew they'd be destroyed by Max and wouldn't dare go against him for a prolonged period. Ricciardo especially simply ran away from a fight into objectively worse car just to get away from max. This seems strange since he's probably in the next bunch of drivers right behind max/lewis types, but just goes to show on how high a level those two operate.

nzjrs

Juzh wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 22:24
ispano6 wrote:
Or they knew they'd be destroyed by Max and wouldn't dare go against him for a prolonged period. Ricciardo especially simply ran away from a fight into objectively worse car just to get away from max. This seems strange since he's probably in the next bunch of drivers right behind max/lewis types, but just goes to show on how high a level those two operate.
I think Riccardo had a legitimate point about how Baku? crash and the Verstappen contract extension went down. That plus I'm sure he spoke a lot to Webber. It was probbably that plus getting beaten, in my opinion.

bigblue

Article at motorsport.com:
"That's simply a fact. Red Bull won fair and square. You can see that Albon also had a very good race, so they have a very good race car, and shows that when their car is in the right place, both drivers do a really good job.

"Probably Albon's pace was quicker than us by the end. They could have been well ahead, and even worse for us."
Come on, Toto, Red Bull aren't falling for that ! You've got to be more subtle than that. Christian ? Christian!? Noooo, sign (*&£-ing Hulk or Perez you idiot !

Marti_EF3

Shame if Perez takes the seat. I don't like him, but it is what it is. I only hope RB knows that this may explode in their face. If they want to replace Albon, I'd be better with Hulkenberg. But well, they know better than all of us (I hope)

Sieper

Me too Marti, me too. 100% agree.

diffuser

ispano6 wrote:
Riccardo left for finacial reasons. They had offered him the same money as Max. Renault offered 4 million more for 2019 (17M) and 32M (6 M more than Max) for 2020

Sainz not sure. I think he felt that RBR lost confidence in him.

GhostF1
GhostF1

dxpetrov wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 12:22
If I remember, both Kvyat and Gasly have had engine issues. I guess they have been using the AT as a test bed to ensure the RB16 runs smoothly.
They did, but all were related to software issues, Max and Alex had these as well. The fire on Gasly's car was caused by a fuel line leak, the engine was undamaged.

There's been no catastrophic component failures for all 4 Honda powered cars for the entire season, again, the only manufacturer to do so. We know the restrictions on PU updates really hurt Honda and were forced to fettle with only the programming to keep it up to task. So all signs at the moment point to a really good showing for the next PU.

diffuser

Marti_EF3 wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 00:17
Shame if Perez takes the seat. I don't like him, but it is what it is. I only hope RB knows that this may explode in their face. If they want to replace Albon, I'd be better with Hulkenberg. But well, they know better than all of us (I hope)
It doesn't matter who you like. Horner needs to decide if Albon can stand the heat. They maybe getting a significant charge from RP next year. Then if he decides that Albon can't. He needs to find someone who he thinks is better than Albon. If hé chooses Perez, it will be because he thinks Perez is significantly better.

godlameroso

I can't say he doesn't deserve the seat, what a redemption that would be, taking it to Mercedes in a Honda RB.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

Ted Kravitz. His babbles always seem like he is trying to fill time. He even goes as far as literally talking about that, how much time he has killed.