2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

His issue is the front end problem from France, green track and cold conditions put the car in crisis, once the graining started Ferrari got him off the tyre to avoid disaster

JPower
JPower

wowgr8 wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 23:25
His issue is the front end problem from France, green track and cold conditions put the car in crisis, once the graining started Ferrari got him off the tyre to avoid disaster
True but this is the 3rd race in a row where he's had tire issues. I think something is up with his car.

No way to verify that though, might just be his driving style but on the other hand, he had no issues at Austria/Silverstone/Hungary.

Andres125sx

JPower wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 15:57
f1316 wrote:
27 Sep 2021, 12:37
Yeah I think, as has been said, the big positive is how good Charles’ car looked in the dry with the upgrades. That bodes really well for the rest of the year, and don’t forget Charles was looking very strong in all the practice sessions in Turkey last year, with a dog of a car, before the rain came. I have high hopes for that race.

I wonder if the graining Carlos had - before which his pace was good - is a result of the setup compromises they’ve been forced to make having been so done on power? It would be a double whammy if they could also address this weak point via running the car with more optimum downforce levels.
Looking at parts of the race again, I think Carlos nuked his tires trying to stay ahead of Lando. He looked fine on the hard tires although I don't know how long he could've held off Perez and Alonso if it hadn't rained.

He's had tire management issues since his crash in Hungary and I'm surprised he hasn't received a new chassis since given the crashes he's had.

But yes, more power would've helped that issue by letting Carlos keep pace without having to lean on his tires as hard.

The new PU showed some impressive gains to say they were running conservatively.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... &context=3
Wow, the 2 tenths improvement is true! =D> . With the new PU Carlos could have win this race then

wowgr8
wowgr8

Very low drag setup, literally Monza-like, but for what track? All the tracks left on the calendar are medium-high downforce, maybe Qatar?

LM10
LM10

wowgr8 wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 15:35
Very low drag setup, literally Monza-like, but for what track? All the tracks left on the calendar are medium-high downforce, maybe Qatar?

I wonder if they’re using the new spec PU parts.

JPower
JPower

wowgr8 wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 15:35

Old pictures. I posted a few weeks ago about them having a filming day at Fiorano.

JPower
JPower

MV8
MV8

Expecting a good result of Leclerc in Turkey to be honest, engine is working, so, with some luck we can dream.
Just posting

JPower
JPower

I've watched some of the C^2 Challenges and I noticed these guys approach their challenges almost exactly the way they race.

Leclerc is constantly rushing, almost to the point of recklessness. Sainz is extremely cautious and takes his time no matter what. They've cooked food, played games, driven blindfolded, etc. Same thing every time.

I didn't pay close enough attention to compare other drivers before, but it makes sense that their personalities would bleed into their driving styles.

codetower

JPower wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 16:27
I've watched some of the C^2 Challenges and I noticed these guys approach their challenges almost exactly the way they race.

Leclerc is constantly rushing, almost to the point of recklessness. Sainz is extremely cautious and takes his time no matter what. They've cooked food, played games, driven blindfolded, etc. Same thing every time.

I didn't pay close enough attention to compare other drivers before, but it makes sense that their personalities would bleed into their driving styles.
Haha! I noticed this also. I wonder how much age/experience have to do with it. It's only 4 years, but I remember my own mind-set changed a bit between 23 and 27. Maybe Charles will mellow a bit in a few years.

Big Tea

codetower wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 01:52
JPower wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 16:27

Haha! I noticed this also. I wonder how much age/experience have to do with it. It's only 4 years, but I remember my own mind-set changed a bit between 23 and 27. Maybe Charles will mellow a bit in a few years.
There would also be a change in emphasis from 'get noticed' to 'get points.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

There's been many articles about this new engine, some saying it wasn't the complete upgrade, anyone else read that? I'm trying to work out if another engine penalty for Leclerc at least is on the cards. If the articles are accurate I wonder if Sainz gets the same upgrade or the full one.

Ced
Ced

CRazyLemon wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 08:00
There's been many articles about this new engine, some saying it wasn't the complete upgrade, anyone else read that? I'm trying to work out if another engine penalty for Leclerc at least is on the cards. If the articles are accurate I wonder if Sainz gets the same upgrade or the full one.
Both got the full upgrade Mgu-h, K, ES

codetower

Pace looked really strong in FP2 today. Hopefully this can carry through to Sunday. I'm a bit concerned about the front graining though.

JPower
JPower

codetower wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 16:23
Pace looked really strong in FP2 today. Hopefully this can carry through to Sunday. I'm a bit concerned about the front graining though.
I think teams will be doing Q2 on mediums to avoid that.

Sainz ran 22 laps on the mediums with very slight tire deg. Great pace on that stint as well.

I think Leclerc has an outside chance at a podium here. Lewis looks like he's going to cut through the field like a hot knife but who knows, a rain shower might mess things up.