2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

The important day is tomorrow. Whatever happens, you are bound to have a bad weekend at some point. At least things have been promising for the team so far, and the season is long. There will be plenty of chances for better performances over the year.

elldizzle
elldizzle

Man we have come a long way, and I feel people have forgotten. This day was unfortunate, things didn't go our way Lando was compromised by traffic and got damage in his first run Q3. Meaning his last run was not good. Riccardo also was held up meaning he didn't get a 2nd run in Q3. But the pace is there, we had a car capable of better we just had circumstances not go our way, it happens in Motorsport. But we have a car capable of better than we achieved, not long ago we had to maximize everything just to get into Q3 and we would go backwards in the race. Now we are looking forward from this position. Im not happy about today, but optimistic we can do something good tomorrow.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

elldizzle wrote:Man we have come a long way, and I feel people have forgotten. This day was unfortunate, things didn't go our way Lando was compromised by traffic and got damage in his first run Q3. Meaning his last run was not good. Riccardo also was held up meaning he didn't get a 2nd run in Q3. But the pace is there, we had a car capable of better we just had circumstances not go our way, it happens in Motorsport. But we have a car capable of better than we achieved, not long ago we had to maximize everything just to get into Q3 and we would go backwards in the race. Now we are looking forward from this position. Im not happy about today, but optimistic we can do something good tomorrow.
Nicely said!

As a survivor of the 2015-2017 Dark Years... I’m excited to be in the top 10 and looking forward to try and gain a few places tomorrow instead of worried of dropping out of the points

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

SmallSoldier wrote:
09 May 2021, 04:59
elldizzle wrote:Man we have come a long way, and I feel people have forgotten. This day was unfortunate, things didn't go our way Lando was compromised by traffic and got damage in his first run Q3. Meaning his last run was not good. Riccardo also was held up meaning he didn't get a 2nd run in Q3. But the pace is there, we had a car capable of better we just had circumstances not go our way, it happens in Motorsport. But we have a car capable of better than we achieved, not long ago we had to maximize everything just to get into Q3 and we would go backwards in the race. Now we are looking forward from this position. Im not happy about today, but optimistic we can do something good tomorrow.
Nicely said!

As a survivor of the 2015-2017 Dark Years... I’m excited to be in the top 10 and looking forward to try and gain a few places tomorrow instead of worried of dropping out of the points

:lol: 😂🤣 Survivor! That’s exactly what it feels like, to be honest.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mclaren111

SmallSoldier wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:20
Szabi1112 wrote:We cant trust Lando on Q3. We need a good Riccardo
I get it that we are all pretty passionate about F1 and the team... But, the amount of negativity after a bad session after the best start to a season from the team seems unjustified.

Suddenly Lando can’t be trusted in Q3? Wow.

Amen...

mclaren111

Ground Effect wrote:
09 May 2021, 07:17
SmallSoldier wrote:
09 May 2021, 04:59
Nicely said!

:lol: 😂🤣 Survivor! That’s exactly what it feels like, to be honest.

Think of how I feel... Supporter since 1988... Many Ups & Downs...

McFAN
McFAN

McLaren’s new front wing and a “ripe for development” floor introduced at the Spanish Grand Prix are only the “first round” of major updates, says technical director James Key.

Full article
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mclaren- ... er-updates/
Last edited by McFAN on 09 May 2021, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

mwillems

Next up someone will suggest swapping Mazepin for Lando.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the race, we have a great shout of making progress.

I'm unperturbed about the qualifying as we have ultimately shown class for most of our weekends and I have confidence in the team and drivers.

The new updates will push us forward in the race too, I think. Over the distance it will help lap time and tyre degradation.

Key to the race is a good start, something that has hugely improved since we got the Merc engines.

Mazepin and the perez gravel ruined our laps, not Lando. Heres hoping for more top raceway action from the team to get us near the top. If not, I'm sure we will do it again soon.

I've seen nothing from this team that suggests we aren't going to fight at the sharp end for the season, so why would I be concerned?
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mwillems

McFAN wrote:
09 May 2021, 10:29
McLaren’s new front wing and a “ripe for development” floor introduced at the Spanish Grand Prix are only the “first round” of major updates, says technical director James Key.

Full article
We will see updates coming through to the summer break, plenty to come.

Mansell89
Mansell89

McFAN wrote:

Full article
I couldn’t see the James Key quotes in that link- is it the right one?

mwillems

Mansell89 wrote:
09 May 2021, 10:39
McFAN wrote:

Full article
He meant this

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mclaren- ... r-updates/

McFAN
McFAN

Mansell89 wrote:
McFAN wrote:

Full article
Sorry this is the one

Mansell89
Mansell89

McFAN wrote:
09 May 2021, 11:19
Mansell89 wrote:
McFAN wrote:

Full article
Sorry this is the one

Thanks McFan!

Fingers crossed it really does bring the whole package alive and make a step that allows them to really start planning for 2022 with the confidence that they can be strong for the rest of the season.

El Scorchio

Cant believe anyone could talk Lando down this season. He’s having an amazing one so far! Genuinely exciting if he and Ricciardo can both be at the same, high performance level in a McLaren car that seems to have some splendid potential.

Darth-Piekus

Despite yesterday's mistake the car is faster than the midfield competition and is much closer than last year to Mercedes and Red Bull. All Lando and Danny have to do is start clearing those in front one by one and considering what happened to the last races I don't see how that would be a problem. There are still plenty of chances to pass. It's not Monaco.