Are you a good person??

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
gear_dawg
gear_dawg

Are you a good person??

Are you a good person? Would you like to find out? Can you handle a few questions? Can you even finish the test?? Which one of these will your face look like when your done?? :evil: :shock: =; :-s ??

http://www.livingwaters.com/good/
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
And all things that were created were created through Him, and anything that was not created, has not been created. John 1:1-3

no :roll:

West
West

I'm evil
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Steven
Owner

that's like a bible quiz :roll:
so I go to hell, it's probably better there, beautiful girls and stuff ;)

Scuderia_Russ

Don't get me started on religion!!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

speedrcr
speedrcr

Are you a good person?
By the standards of the society in which we currently live...Yes

Would you like to find out?
See previous

Can you handle a few questions?
Yes

Can you even finish the test??
Did it

Which one of these will your face look like when your done?
:roll:

Now a couple of questions for you.
Is your family religious?
Have you always believed in Christianities version of God?
Do you believe that our environment affects our beliefs?
Do you enjoy judging other people by 2000-year-old standards, which are getting less and less relevant with every passing day?
and on and on...these questions are rhetorical, but you get the point.

sharkie17

that was a stupid test.

and like someone said, dont get me started on religion...

reserve those stupid tests for religion forum.

oh, yeah, here is my face :roll:

West
West

Tomba wrote:that's like a bible quiz :roll:
so I go to hell, it's probably better there, beautiful girls and stuff ;)
Hell is a place of suffering... so the "girls" there could be covered in hair or have tenticles or something... in other words, the girls would probably be the ones you wouldn't want to reproduce with, just by looks alone. Unless u really want to get to know them.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Spencifer_Murphy

See this is where thing become confused. I am not a very religoeus person...but i do have my own beliefs. But lets not go into that...its far too long lol. Anyway...all of that presentation said that if u commited a single one of those sins then u have angered god and those who anger him are punished and you are puniished in hell...so who goes to heaven then? The website itself also said that we have all sinned at one piont or another. Then it says that God is forgiving and mercfull...yeah very forgiving to throw us all in hell for commiting one sin by LOOKING at someone of the opposite sex with lust.

I am not saying all religeous stuff is rubbish...but that website is far too extreme...so much so that it contadicts itself.

Also I'd like to know why we are consistantly being told to follow a faith...why? Why can't we be free to think what we like to think? And why pester people to follow your faith? Are all the millions of people in the world who do not enough? Billy Connelly (the comedian) was absolutely right when he said "You never have an aethiest knock on your door telling you NOT to believe in god...so why do we have to have people knock on our doors telling us we MUST believe in him"

I am NOT by any means questioning or criticising ANY religeons, firstly because I believe we should all be allowed to believe in what we wish to...secondly because it simlpy is not fair or right to question somebody else's beliefs...All I am saying is that extemes are not the way forward...compromise and understanding of eachother and our individual beliefs is the way forward and we should all be allowed to believe what we like if it make us happy without being told to beleive otherwise.

Wow...I wrote waaaay more than I thort I did...sorry if I rambled on a bit. I'd also like to piont out again I was NOT trying to disrespect ANY religeon or hurt anybod's feelings etc. Hope u all understand. thanks
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Scuderia_Russ

Just a thought but the Pope is one of the holyest men on the planet right?
And he drives around in the Popemobile which is bullet proof right?

So if he's afraid of getting shot and going to heaven...what chance have we got? :)

I am by no means a fan of religion, especially as it usually involves childhood indoctrination and blind faith which is scary and unnatural.
-Henry Ford-

fastka
fastka

What a bunch of manipulative bullsh1t. I by no means have anything against Christians, or people of any other faith for that matter but that "test" was shameful at best. They must not have faith in their own religion if they use such fear tactics. I could ramble on endlessly on this topic but I shall stop here. I feel sorry for those who are so easily manipulated by such things, my advice is to develop a mind of your own, and make your own judgements about what is right or wrong.

gear_dawg
gear_dawg

The Test

First let me address the questions.

Is my family RELIGIOUS? yes THEY are, but I am NOT. I am a Christian.

Have I always believed in Christianities version of God? No I have not, I used to think that God was supposed to bring me joy, happiness, peace, no problems in life, evrything was supposed to be so wonderfull, so easy, ect, ect... Now I read the Bible, it shows us WHO God IS; that is very different from what I used to believe; now it doesnt matter what I believe.

Do you believe that our environtment affects our beliefs? That doesnt matter at all, heres why: As it is written:The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all godlessness and wickedness of men who Supress the Truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:18-20

Do I enjoy judging people by a 2000 year old standard...? No I do not pass judgment on you at all here is why: As it is written: You, therfore, have no excuse, you who pass judgement on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things. Now we know that GOD'S JUDGEMENT against those who do such things is based on Truth. Romans 2:1-2

I do not have a blind faith, I know and you know that everything you own or posess has been made by someone else, for example your car or clothing. There was a designer for those things was there not? Look at creation itself, does it not testify to the glory of God? Think of it. I do not stop thinking simply because I am a Christian.

If you broke the Law, and the Judge has to do his job, will he not carry out the sentence of the Law? Therefore God who is THE JUDGE will also carry out the sentence of the Law. Ask any Judge if they want to send someont to a lifetime in jail? They do not. God does not want you to be sent to Hell. He doesnt want a desision for Christ, He wants you to Repent and to Trust Him.
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
And all things that were created were created through Him, and anything that was not created, has not been created. John 1:1-3

sharkie17

dude, i totally respect your view on your religion ( and it IS a religion christianity included), but if you want to force your stupid ass test on us, do it somewhere else. (like a religion forum).

but let me digress... you say that you read the bible and you now know who this "god" is... well, you didnt read far enough... the "god" i read in the bible is jealous(Ex 20:5 "...for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God...")...
he is SO jealous that he if you screw up, he will come and visit your children and grandchildren (Ex. 20:5 For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generations.) ADDENDUM: this doesnt sound like the kind of "god"i would like to have. i would definately have to pass on this one...

i mean, there are so many examples of contradictions that this post would take forever to write. i can show you examples of where bible CONDONED stealing, killing, bearing false witness and owning SLAVES!!!

if i recall correctly, some of these things mentioned contradicts your "good" test.

you say you dont have blind faith...

OBVIOUSLY you have EXACTLY that. you say you dont judge... well, by your post, you have already judged the rest of us...

like i said, do the research and read the bible (I DID, COVER TO COVER)... then come back and tell me what you find.

(and before you get your hackles all raised, YES i know all about the fact that when prophet jesus came, he simplified all the rules...but im not going to discuss the bible here with you... this is AGAIN, NOT THE FORUM TO DO IT IN). but i respect your right to express your opinion ;))

Scuderia_Russ

See above post for everything i wanted to write but couldn't be bothered too. The fact of the matter is that you cannot say 100% that God exists just as i can't say 100% that God doesn't exist. For all i know there might be a fluffy pink rabbit sitting on the end of my bed, but because i haven't seen one i'll take it that there isn't. If someone came into the room and said otherwise i would need more proof than them saying 'i just know'! If something good happens, it's his will. If something bad happens, he moves in mysterious ways.Doesn't wash with me.
-Henry Ford-

sid
sid

Scuderia_Russ wrote:See above post for everything i wanted to write but couldn't be bothered too. The fact of the matter is that you cannot say 100% that God exists just as i can't say 100% that God doesn't exist. For all i know there might be a fluffy pink rabbit sitting on the end of my bed, but because i haven't seen one i'll take it that there isn't. If someone came into the room and said otherwise i would need more proof than them saying 'i just know'! If something good happens, it's his will. If something bad happens, he moves in mysterious ways.Doesn't wash with me.

i agree with russ here, each man is entitled to his own opinion here and we must respect that ,

but at the same time just doing something blindly can be very dangerous as we all know it can be easily manupulated and turned into propaganda by some idiot to achieve his goals at great costs (just look at the history of our planet)

maybe we must look inside to find answers and solve problems rather than believe in some external all problem solving person/thing ??

ofcourse thats my opinion right?
sid - BAR 007 all the way