London, July 7 2005

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
manchild
manchild

London, July 7 2005

My sincere condolence to all people who lost their loved ones in terrorist attacks in London. I hope all forum visitors from UK are well including their families and friends.
Last edited by manchild on 08 Jul 2005, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I wish to express my sincere horror and support for those affected in today's terrorist attacks in London. As a Canadian we consider the Britons as close cousins, and the tragedy of today as a blow to all. I hope those who have familes and loved ones in London have come out unscathed.

Scuderia_Russ

With today being the start of the first week after the tragedy, people that work in the city are being urged to return to work and normality. (as normal as can be anyway). There is still an extensive forensic operation underway but one of the worst things is that there are still people trapped sixty metres underground in the tube. They are still trying to make the tunnel safe as i write but it is quite hazardous. (possible collapse/ vermin/ asbestos) somepeople know that someone is missing but cannot be told either way that they are dead or alive because their bodies haven't been reached yet
The police haven't confirmed or denyed yet whether the bomb on the bus was detonated by a suicide bomber, but if it was it is the first time that has happened here. The others were thought to have been detonated remotely within seconds of each other meaning that the scum bags are still out there.
To all those guys overseas it's comforting to know that we can be here for each other in our times of need. I guess that's just what good neighbours do. It has been amazing to see how people pull together at times like this. Just as New York and the whole of America did after 9/11, London and the whole of the United Kingdom stands as one now. As painfull as this is for the people, the families involved and the country as a whole,we are at war. You are not going to break the spirit of Great Britain by killing innocents. We've been through too much for that. The anniversary of the end of WW2, this weekend, seeing the people that fought for our freedom sixty five years ago, standing together in solidarity and remembrance is a reminder to us of what can be thrown at this country and taken in it's stride! We were at war then, and we are still at war now. Even though freedom faces a different enemy, we still have the same response.
...Is that the best you can do?!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

RH1300S
RH1300S

Thanks guys.

If one aim of terrorism is to divide peoples; hitting different nations around the world will only serve to unite people globally.

You cannot defeat fundamental human empathy and compassion for the suffering of others - that is something that runs through all of the human race whatever your colour, race or creed.

Spencifer_Murphy

I was delivering the Central London Yellow Pages ON THAT DAY....it was scary knowing that I had delivered to Russel Square, Kings Cross and Euston Road the day b4....and 2dayz b4 i was delivering to Edgeware Road.....

.....but im ok....and London is a great city for the way it came together in defiance against the terrorists. I was delivering the same books today....we stopped at noon allong with most of Europe for a two minute silence in defiance against these cowrds. RULE BRITANNIA!

Maybe its becuase I'm a londoner, that I think London's great! (good song lol)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.