Belgian GP 2005

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
manchild
manchild

Hi Tomba,

As you can see we were killing time here in your absence…

Did you pick any CF? :wink:

Villeneuve was racing like they used to do 20-30 years ago, really flying and showing his greatness as a driver (I still believe that he is the best out there). It is a shame that he didn’t stay in Renault - they’d have constructor’s championship won several races ago! Fisichella is such disappointment.

Alonso looks good and let us hope that anounced aero package will make them faster than Mclaren.

Here is how and if when it matters Alonso becoming champion in Brazil.

BTW, can table made in Word or Excel be inserted/pasted in post?
This one is a snapshot pic.

Steven
Owner

manchild wrote:Villeneuve was racing like they used to do 20-30 years ago, really flying and showing his greatness as a driver (I still believe that he is the best out there). It is a shame that he didn’t stay in Renault - they’d have constructor’s championship won several races ago! Fisichella is such disappointment.
1. word/excel not possible I think
2. Alonso - Villeneuve would have been my dream team (see my avatar too for my idea :D ) . Jacques fights for his place like he must, not go aside as soon as another has passed him halfly or cut the door, no, give it all, whether it is on the outside or the inside. He did a great job once again!

Principessa

Yeah, a dream team but...Villeneuve almost hit Alonso yesterday in a crazy move in the La Source!
My heart stopped beating for a second, I really thought that he was gonna hit Fernando and that the race would be over for the Renaultman

Steven
Owner

so did mine, but that was racing before the Schumi-Ferrari era

manchild
manchild

Yes it was close but fortunately nothing more than that. I got scared too because it looked like there was wheel to wheel contact...

Principessa

Indeed... It was a stupid manoeuvre of Villeneuve I think.

manchild
manchild

Well it was true racing but I agree that midfield drivers should be more considerate in these final championship deciding races.

Tomba, check out the recording of the race... how Villeneuve controled the car up the Eau Rouge... amazing. It looked like he'll end up like Fisichella but - WHAT A CONTROL!

manchild
manchild

Principessa & Tomba,

As I mentioned it in one of the posts in "general chat" I was surprised that Tomba didn't get press pit pass since he runs one of the major F1 technical sites for years. So check out this link, follow the procedure and in 2006 make some nice photos from the paddock http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Accredit ... edure.html

Two of you could go as a team - journalist/webmaster and photographer. I'm not kidding!

ummm... I just noticed it... both of you with Italian nicknames? What is the catch? :wink:

Principessa

no catch...well not one that I know of.
But I have to say that we both love Italy. The country and especially the FOOD!! :P

Steven
Owner

That page also sais:

5. The FIA will only accredit press from outside the country in which the event is held. National press must apply to the National Press Officer (e.g. German press applying for the German Grand Prix should apply to the National Press Officer or contact Hockenheim directly whilst press from countries other than Germany should apply to the FIA).

Anyway I'll check it out, mail television or the official belgium gp website to get more information on how to get press access

manchild
manchild

Italian food mmmmmm... now I'm hungry again and I ate 10 minutes ago :wink:

Tomba, I'm certain that having in mind quality of your site, number of visitors, number of registered members and overall educational purpose of F1technical including your age and enthusiasm there shouldn't be any obstacles for obtaining press pass. Perhaps you could also get some support from your university?

It is worth of trying, because if you get it once than getting it next time will be much easier. Don't forget to enlist your "photographer" :wink:

f1.redbaron

[Principessa] wrote:But I have to say that we both love Italy. The country and especially the FOOD!!
Let's not forget the women...

Principessa

It would be not so good if I have to go to Italy for the women

manchild
manchild

[Principessa] wrote:It would be not so good if I have to go to Italy for the women
That depends on woman that goes to Italy :lol:

Italian woman seam so emancipated like nowhere else in the world but it is obvious that if Italian man weren’t also emancipated and full of respect for their woman the situation would be much different.

Hope this wan’t be another OT :wink:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

As a Canadian and Villeneuve fan (both) it's real nice to see Jacques has finally come to grips with his Sauber. It's quite an improvement since the first five races of the season. He's finally running at the same pace as Massa. And his improvement was evident before Massa became disenfranchised from Sauber. (For going to a rival team and tire manufacturer, and also testing for them )
It was quite a thriller to watch Jacques somehow retain control as he got his rear end out at Eau Rouge. I watched the GP2 race, and saw another racer lose it in the same fashion as Fisi. And Fisi is a very good driver, in a very good car. Jacques got out of control at the worst place, in the worst circumstances, and yet gathered his car up, and kept going. Jacques may have flaws, but car control, courage, and skill definitely aren't in that category. He's still got it, and I hope to see him continue.
As far as Kimi's chances, they are practically nil. Sad, because he has definitely displayed his superiority over everyone but Juan. Montoya has displayed the same pace, yet suffered even worse luck (if you count a "tennis" injury as bad luck lol). And strange as it seems, Montoya seems to display even better racecraft than Kimi. Yes, I know he's been in what some consider stupid crashes lately, I still maintain Montoya has developed into a well rounded GP driver. But Montoya is now on a short leash, he is there just to get points and allow Kimi to win races. Look at Spa, I just don't believe that in such a car, he suddenly loses pace, and allows Kimi to catch up from such a distance. Basically, Alonso has to finish out of the points for the remainder of the season, while Kimi wins them all. Kimi just might win all the remainder, but considering the intelligent and wonderful way Renault and Alonso are somehow managing to finish in the points, yet retain a safe strategy, it's just not going to happen.
Spa was a very entertaining and eventful race (Shu was set to lose his third position in the driver's chase before Juan DNF's), it still is definitely one of the best tracks on the calender. It's hard to believe Spa was bumped off the calender just two years ago, yet got it back. I hope to see Spa on the calender for a very, very long time, and I hope to see Jacques in F1 for a few years more.

As a postscript, I think Sato is trying to recapture the "wild man" label back from Karthikayen. Both appear to be nice people, but they just don't belong in F1 with their antics.