Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
nzjrs

Re: Racing games

MadMatt wrote:Yes its off and I did the trick with Nvidia to reduce lag but the pc monitor you see behind is a 24" ASUS running at 144Hz with 1ms response time so its hard to beat :)
Actually the 1ms panel response time quoted on the box is such a small proportion of the total latency that it is worth ignoring. TVs in particular can do a lot of other image processing (scaling,color correction, god knows what) that affects the latency.

Ignore the quoted panel latency and measure the total end-to-end latency yourself.

MadMatt
MadMatt

SectorOne I give up. For your information my FOV is 60° so its well inside what this video call "the perfect-god-all-mighty" angle.

Thanks alex! :D

SectorOne

I cant help people who simply dont understand how something works.
Not just how FOV works (you fail to realize its a calculator, not a universal number)
Or how screen size vs distance works.

You couldnt see stuff on your 24 because you dont understand , that much has been proven.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mertol

Your picture looks like at least 90°

MadMatt
MadMatt

Whatever champions, you know better, so just ignore my setup. =D>

mertol

Don't you agree that what you see on your screen is comparable to my 144° setup:

SectorOne

MadMatt wrote:Whatever champions, you know better, so just ignore my setup. =D>
Ignorance is bliss.

In my case i´ve been simracing for over 10 years so i have a lot of experience with screen sizes, FOV etc.
If you want to play the game how it´s ment to be played i suggest you listen to what we have to say.
You probably think we´re here to destroy your gaming experience when in reality we´re just helping you maximizing it.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Alonso Fan

Changing weather conditions in Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3

What a brilliant game, half the track's dry and half is wet, and getting wetter. Makes choosing the right time to change tyres very difficult :)

The handling physics was unparalleled at the time and still out does codemasters' rubbish today. No pure F1 game comes close, in terms of car handling realism at least, to Geoff Crammond's F1 game series.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqUOlUHYIkc[/youtube]
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Mr Brooksy

Alonso Fan wrote:Changing weather conditions in Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3

What a brilliant game, half the track's dry and half is wet, and getting wetter. Makes choosing the right time to change tyres very difficult :)

The handling physics was unparalleled at the time and still out does codemasters' rubbish today. No pure F1 game comes close, in terms of car handling realism at least, to Geoff Crammond's F1 game series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqUOlUHYIkc
I wish CM got a clue and learned lessons from the F1 game master Geoff Crammond! The current game is totally stuffed! Makes me so bleeding angry as I was stupid enough to but F1 2015 pre release...
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

CAEdevice

I used to play with F1 GP2 (by Geoff Crammond) and Indy500 by Papyrus 20 years ago.

Now I'm trying AssettoCorsa and I like it. I'm also trying ti replicate e KVRC car :) (See KVRC 2016 thread).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/522 ... 016_01.mp4

Alonso Fan

CAEdevice wrote:I used to play with F1 GP2 (by Geoff Crammond) and Indy500 by Papyrus 20 years ago.

Now I'm trying AssettoCorsa and I like it. I'm also trying ti replicate e KVRC car :) (See KVRC 2016 thread).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/522 ... 016_01.mp4

Assetto corsa is a beautiful stimulator. Calling it a game seems like an insult :D
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

Assetto corsa McLaren MP4-4 around the top gear test track

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

DiogoBrand

I'm currently playing F1 2013 because I'm not in the mood for thoroughbred simulators, even though I own Assetto Corsa, rF2 and Automobilista.
I've never given Automobilista a go yet, can somebody tell how the formula v10 feels like?
And what about Assetto Corsa's F2002?
I haven't been into those sims after these mods have been released, and yes, I'm a big V10 era fan.

Alonso Fan

DiogoBrand wrote:I'm currently playing F1 2013 because I'm not in the mood for thoroughbred simulators, even though I own Assetto Corsa, rF2 and Automobilista.
I've never given Automobilista a go yet, can somebody tell how the formula v10 feels like?
And what about Assetto Corsa's F2002?
I haven't been into those sims after these mods have been released, and yes, I'm a big V10 era fan.

I can't say about the f2002 in Assetto corsa, but I can say about the McLaren mp4-13, a beautiful mod, everything is awesome about that mod

Automobilista is the next sim on my list to try
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Although I "played"GTR2 extensively for many years, my G25 is now packed away so I'm getting some occasional kicks from Roadrash. 21 years later and it's still awesome. Graphics are terrible, physics are laughable, but gameplay is fantastic! Reminds me of my days as a courier in London, riding stupidly fast and dodging traffic.