Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Alonso Fan

Re: Racing games

Ferrari F2004 around the Nordschleife

This was so fun!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

garyjpaterson

Alonso Fan wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 16:57

https://youtu.be/jUG8J3T87DM

This was so fun!
It is damn fun! Nice lap too, I tried a few days ago, only managed a 5:13, though never bothered with setup and track grip was down a bit. Quite a few areas that I never would have guessed could have been remotely flat but were!

Alonso Fan

garyjpaterson wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 17:05
Alonso Fan wrote:

This was so fun!
It is damn fun! Nice lap too, I tried a few days ago, only managed a 5:13, though never bothered with setup and track grip was down a bit. Quite a few areas that I never would have guessed could have been remotely flat but were!
I know right! That car has immense grip and is friendly to drive at the same time!

I only changed the final drive ratio and lowered the fuel load. Aside from that I'm not very good with setups :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

roon

Alonso Fan wrote:

This was so fun!
Is avoiding the banked section of the carousel the better line?

Alonso Fan

roon wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 21:58
Alonso Fan wrote:

This was so fun!
Is avoiding the banked section of the carousel the better line?
It depends on your setup. With the default setup like I had, the car isn't very good through there so I avoided it. But of you can sort out the suspension then I don't see why you can't use the banked section
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

garyjpaterson

Just released this pretty unique car (for free!). Made it quite some time ago in conjunction with the team who built it, and they finally gave me permission to release it publicly. I spent the last week adding some final toucheS to make it look and perform better (in terms of fps), so is ideal for racing on some small circuit (smaller the better, kart tracks are ideal!).

Enjoy :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads ... 016.19272/

NathanOlder

Just had a thought, If there is enough of us who play iRacing, why dont we get a small F1Technical legue running ?
I have just started in iRacing about a week ago, and love it. Would be great to see some of you on the (virtual) Track.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

digitalrurouni

I have never played iRacing but have been playing F1 2017 in the Mercedes (of course) career mode. In to my 4th season and playing with 90% AI and no assists though I do have the braking line assist on. I been using some of the setups of the car from around the net and I gotta say the driving feels really good in the game. Right now in some of the tracks I am half a second quicker than the pole laps from last year's F1 irl. Some tracks I am a second behind. I find it a very fun and satisfying game. AI could use a bit of work they love punting me off the track at times :P

SteveRacer

NathanOlder wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 17:16
Just had a thought, If there is enough of us who play iRacing, why dont we get a small F1Technical legue running ?
I have just started in iRacing about a week ago, and love it. Would be great to see some of you on the (virtual) Track.
I'd be interested. What type of car did you have in mind?

SectorOne

Porsche cup car seems like it could be fun for a league. Hell i might dust off my wheel if there´s interest for such a league.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

NathanOlder

I've only got the standard car set but i just need an excuse to get in to something like a GT3 class car. So anything along those lines will do, for me it has to be road courses though. Never been good on an oval
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SteveRacer

Yes, the porsche Is a fun car. I havent driven it in awhile and would like a good excuse to drive it again.

CAEdevice

garyjpaterson wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 16:19
Just released this pretty unique car (for free!). Made it quite some time ago in conjunction with the team who built it, and they finally gave me permission to release it publicly. I spent the last week adding some final toucheS to make it look and perform better (in terms of fps), so is ideal for racing on some small circuit (smaller the better, kart tracks are ideal!).

Enjoy :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads ... 016.19272/
Not my favourite kind of races, but great job as usual! Congratulations.

mertol

I could race in a league but only if the kids are asleep at that time. Since this is an F1 forum I think it would be required that the league runs some sort of F1 car. Lotus 49, 79, williams or mclaren. (I'm all for lotus 79)

NathanOlder

Oooh i like the idea of theold lotus, I was thinking something a bit slower to make for closer tighter races. Plus we need something that doesn't need everyone to go out and pay for. As for time of day, it all depends on where everyone is from, it also suits me to race in the evening, when the kids are out of the way.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.