Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
el-Magico

Re: Racing games

RicerDude wrote:Gran Turismo 6
In my opinion the best feeling driving game on console especially with the G27 steering wheel.
Also looks incredible for a 7th gen game...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3833/1142 ... 9e25_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7327/1251 ... 3314_h.jpg

http://apple-source.co.uk/gt6/gt6-3.jpg
Did you already made a pitstop during a race? no... well than the complete driving-charasteristics change, with different tyre usage, also about 2 to 3 seconds a lap slower than before.
Graphics are ok though.
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

Andres125sx

silente wrote:http://drracing.wordpress.com/

take a look to the latest article there (my Blog).

What you could do with a good driving simulation software and accurate data.
Very interesting article, thanks :)

I had always wondered how close are amateur sims (those we can buy for the pc) to real life, specially since I started playing F1 games before each F1 GP. It was nice to remind the track, the overtaking points, how fast/slow is each corner... once you´ve played the sim you understand the race much better, and all the data I could remember from the sim (top speeds, cornering speeds, braking points, etc.) did match perfectly

The only thing I miss from the article is some comment from the F3 driver who played rFactor... How did he feel the game and car? What differences did he find between the sim and a real F3 car?

Alonso Fan

George77 wrote:Geoff Gramond's GP4 the Ultimate F1 simulator the rest is like arcade compared to that.
i agree totally, all of Geoff cramminds games were awesome Sims. I still have gp3, still really fun and way better than ordinary f1 games
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

HVS5b

So no fellow Live for Speed (LFS) racers out there?

Its dated as hell to look at, but the tyre physics and netcode for online racing are second to none imo. And really, that's what's important, not the spurious eye-candy.

We are ever hopeful of further updates, would be a shame to let this gem of a sim slip away.

mertol

I have LFS S1 but I havent played it for years. I do 95% of my racing in iracing.com. I also have assetto corsa, GT legends, GTR2, race 07, GP legends and DiRT3 which came with my video card.

Alonso Fan

Dirt 3 looks like a good game, although I've never played it
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

mertol

It has nice graphics. Realism is terrible though - I find the most unrealistic how quickly the cars brake - they comparable to f1 cars. A lot of hackers online too.

Alonso Fan

Yeah, i guess the ps and xbox games these days don't focus that much on realistic physics. As long as it feels good then they'll sell it. Ah well, that's why we've all got older games to look to :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Burgess

A bit of GTR2 recently. I tried the Race 07 but I just can't get into it as much as GTR2. Rumours of a GTR3 in development as well!

raymondu999

Anyone play F1 2013 yet? If you have - care to share how to set the blasted cars up so that you're kinder on tyres?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Alonso Fan

Don't have a clue. But does f1 2013 have a data logger feature where you can analyse data collected per lap? Like rideheights for each wheel, speed, rpm, suspension travel etc?

and if it does have this feature, can you compare two or more laps in any way using the graph?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

RZS10

F1 2013 does not have any of those things, it does not even have P1, P2 and P3, just one session, missing features everywhere ... the AI does not really drive but takes it's times from god knows where :D at least if it's like F12012, which i believe it is since they haven't changed much from F2010 onwards... F1 Challenge 99-02 was better imho

Here are setups for F12013 anyways http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/thr ... ove.82043/

Assetto Corsa looks promising, however paying for an unfinished game felt weird, really... (but people buy EA games and those are not finished when released as well, at least AC is officially Early Access :D )

Emerson.F

Alonso Fan wrote:Yeah, i guess the ps and xbox games these days don't focus that much on realistic physics. As long as it feels good then they'll sell it. Ah well, that's why we've all got older games to look to :)
FM5 has worked with Calspan, Mclaren and Audi for tyre, vehicle dynamics and openwheel suspension physics simulation. The physics are pretty realistic with a good steering wheel and besides that the new rumble triggers in the Xbox one controller give the game unprecedented haptic feedback. Btw the other high end sims are such a small market and are a whole different catogory of gamers (players)

Plus those games dont have hundreds of cars like gt of forza and mostly lack upgrades and other game options.
I heard project cars does not have Ai yet.So its a Hotlap simulator.(a good one at that) but very small in content compared too others out there.

I'm still playing F1 2012, RacePro 2, FM4, FM5 and previously owned gt5.
Last edited by Emerson.F on 14 Mar 2014, 01:06, edited 3 times in total.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Alonso Fan

RZS10 wrote:F1 2013 does not have any of those things, it does not even have P1, P2 and P3, just one session, missing features everywhere ... the AI does not really drive but takes it's times from god knows where :D at least if it's like F12012, which i believe it is since they haven't changed much from F2010 onwards... F1 Challenge 99-02 was better imho

Here are setups for F12013 anyways http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/thr ... ove.82043/

Assetto Corsa looks promising, however paying for an unfinished game felt weird, really... (but people buy EA games and those are not finished when released as well, at least AC is officially Early Access :D )

Wow, i never thought it would lack so many features...

and you can't do proper donuts on it either, i watched a video of someone trying . The donuts just look like driving round in circles with a little oversteer...

...not good enough
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 14 Mar 2014, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

mertol

Codemasters suck at making realistic games. I really hope you didn't give them your money. The physics in f1 2013 are terrible, the FFB is terrible, there is also some kind of speed sensitive steering that you can't turn off, graphics are quite bad for a 2013 game too. There really isn't anything I liked about this game.