car setup books

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
the_end90

car setup books

Hello guys,
I would like to buy books on the Topic particularly I am trying to find something related with the Topic of creating a Setup of a Motorsport car and, if possible, that gives a Guideline on the Topic.
Could You help me?
Giulio

-Felix-

Re: car setup books

Carroll Smith's "Tune to win" gives an easy and entertaining sight into this topic, albeit not very academic. Of course the work of the Milliken's is a must for everyone going deep into the topic but but not good for one who dislikes equations and also concentrates mainly on the development more than the "on track" work. Another book which is an easy read with some useful practical knowledge is the german book "fahrdynamik in perfektion" from Wofgang Weber but I don't think there is an english issue. Surely there is plenty more but those 3 are the first ones who popped in my mind without consulting my book shelf at home. :wink:

the_end90

-Felix- wrote:Carroll Smith's "Tune to win" gives an easy and entertaining sight into this topic, albeit not very academic. Of course the work of the Milliken's is a must for everyone going deep into the topic but but not good for one who dislikes equations and also concentrates mainly on the development more than the "on track" work. Another book which is an easy read with some useful practical knowledge is the german book "fahrdynamik in perfektion" from Wofgang Weber but I don't think there is an english issue. Surely there is plenty more but those 3 are the first ones who popped in my mind without consulting my book shelf at home. :wink:
I knew I could find my answer here! many thanks!

chemiixx

There is another german book especially for this topic. It's called:
Datenanalyse, Abstimmung und Entwicklung from Michael Trzesniowski and Philipp Eder
To my mind the best book for professional car setups in German