What would you do?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Sawtooth-spike

What would you do?

Hey guys.

Need a Little advice, I Admin a Website for my students union, We have a forum for students to chat on. Some guy has put a really obscean message on there. What should i do? I could just remove him, but feel that that is not justice, Any ideas?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Tom

Make an example of him, put a horses head in his bed, kick him in the shins till his eyes water, sleep with his girlfriend, they're all good.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I suggest you publicly ban him temporarily. Make a simple, yet effective message. "We have banned "so and so" for posting obviously obscene and derogarory messages in this forum. We have decided his behaviour is not in the best interests of an educated, aware forum for the students. His suspension will be effective immediately for one week".
That way, the right to free expression is still alive because his suspension is just temporary. But usually when a person is publicly shamed, they feel like garbage inside. Despite the external bluster. Also, send a letter containing his posts and your ban to his parents.
Don't fall to his level and exchange insults, take the high road.

Scuderia_Russ

Got a link? :D
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-