McLaren F1

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

If you are someone called wise,the f1 needs a very very long straight line to achieve its someone called 340 kmh top speed.If you all would like to know why is that f1 is forced to stop its production, that is because everyone who did try to achieve its top speed, had died. Enzo is a perfect car. It is not too fast, 660 of horsepower and good looking too. Not like the f1, a toad-like looking car.[/b][/i]

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

It is very true that top speed is not the ultimate test of one car's abilities, however it is not some uninportant statistic just to be brushed aside. It is also true that much of the purpuse behind its design was a very high top speed, but that is not all that a McLaren is. Its acceleration puts most cars, even other supercars to shame with a 0-60 time of 3.2 sec and a 30-70 time of 2.1 sec, with a gearshift. The F1 also gets an amazing 103 hp per litre, However I wouldn't be surprised if some newer cars like the enzo have topped that. The F1 was also designed with city driving in mind. The car handles stop and go traffic very well, although it does use fuel at an astounding rate. the smaller tyres in front do hinder its cornering, but the F1 makes up for it with advanced aero and downforce, in the quicker corners at least. Another perk with the F1 when compaired with other supercars is the Cabin space the F1 fits three people and two trunk-fulls of lugage comfertably. And finallyThere is no way that the Ferrai Enzo, although it may outperform the McLaren, is prettier than the McLaren.

West
West

Looks are subjective.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

the elise /exige /VX theme is a nice one ,and i´m working daily on these at the moment.
But realistically it is not quite inthe same league with the F1 wich is meant
to be driven and above all it is blindingly quick as it came from the works.
On the lotus side I can only say :lots of work until you get there....and you´ve got to do the whole shebang....whelels,tyres,Aero,Suspension,Dampers,Gearbox ,Controls,Engine etc....The best base has to be the VX turbo to date wich can be converted to a serious machine with compaeratively little effort.But hey ,A Mac is a different beast ,begiining with the standart of fabrication,quality everything.It is the target we all are aiming for still after all these years when you are developing cars IMO.

joseff

The Mac needed to have small tires up front to avoid having a power steering system.