Modify roadcar for 300+ km/h - aero ideas

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
rjsa

Re: Modify roadcar for 300+ km/h - aero ideas

Why do people answer to "How do you guys think I can achieve A?" with "You should try X, I've never tried neither A or X, but you should definitely try X."?

Can't you see how obnoxious you are when doing this?

Manoah2u

rjsa wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 10:50
Why do people answer to "How do you guys think I can achieve A?" with "You should try X, I've never tried neither A or X, but you should definitely try X."?

obnoxious is acusing somebody with that they never actually tried A or X, without having the SLIGHTEST clue whether they actually have experience with both A and both X.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

rjsa

Manoah2u wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 20:32
rjsa wrote:

obnoxious is acusing somebody with that they never actually tried A or X, without having the SLIGHTEST clue whether they actually have experience with both A and both X.
Sorry, I missed the part where you point which is you build.

Manoah2u

rjsa wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 21:56
Manoah2u wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 20:32
rjsa wrote:

Sorry, I missed the part where you point which is you build.
i don't need to point out "what i build" as i don't feel the need to prove anything to anybody.
i have done dragraces, many track days, driven a whole range of vehicles and have popped the 300kph mark more than once, well quite frankly, more than a dozen times, and then i'm still being rather humble.

i don't see why you think this needs to be dragged down to a **** measuring contest and start infesting negativity and hate in a thread which is about giving actual intel and advising people not to kill themselves - and above all, others along the process - because their demands are too high for the budget which is too low.

hell, i can tell you one thing, for that budget, you couldn't even drive a superbike 300+ without it essentially being a game of russian roulette.

but i'll just leave it with this: take a good look at your 'contribution' in this thread and then ask yourself whether you're entitled to hitting that 'submit' button with a post like that, especially with how it contributes absolutely nothing.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

J.A.W.

Manoah2u wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 11:02
I agree.

Another comparison : I absolutely love (street) superbikes. Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSX-R, etc. etc. they go blazingly fast, and you're sitting on a missile.

But the most fun honestly is a harley. well, not neccesaril that brand, but the chopper-style motorbikes. Not those exessive ones with the too long forks, monkeybars, whatever. a 'cruiser'. They're comfortable, you can cover really long distances without problems, the sound gives you a smile, and they're still actually really really fast. You enjoy those in low speeds just as much as higher speeds - frankly, higher speeds are less enjoyable with those.

superbikes are really only enjoyable when going full throttle. well to me that is though.

Likewise, to achieve 300+ kph, you need endless open road, where it's allowed, or you need to hit the track...

...But, you won't get a good one for 3000 euro's. you need to triple that atleast.
Ah no..

Those H-D's you like aint gonna get near the speeds the O.P.specified.. unless they are in super-Bonneville spec..

But back in 1999, the Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa was tested by Cycleworld mag as good for 0-60 mph 2.6 sec,
& a 1/4 mile in 9.86 @ 145 mph on the way to a drama free top speed of 194 mph ( over 300 K/mh)..

Likely, a tidy original unit ought be sourced from the USA, within budget, & prepped to do it on the Autobahn..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Jolle

Get a Volvo 850 T5 and go on from there. Can't beat the speed/power/stability vs price. Bought one a few years ago for 1000 euro's in The Netherlands (450.000 km!!) and had loads of fun with it!

Manoah2u

J.A.W. wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 16:33
Manoah2u wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 11:02
I agree.

Another comparison : I absolutely love (street) superbikes. Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSX-R, etc. etc. they go blazingly fast, and you're sitting on a missile.

But the most fun honestly is a harley. well, not neccesaril that brand, but the chopper-style motorbikes. Not those exessive ones with the too long forks, monkeybars, whatever. a 'cruiser'. They're comfortable, you can cover really long distances without problems, the sound gives you a smile, and they're still actually really really fast. You enjoy those in low speeds just as much as higher speeds - frankly, higher speeds are less enjoyable with those.

superbikes are really only enjoyable when going full throttle. well to me that is though.

Likewise, to achieve 300+ kph, you need endless open road, where it's allowed, or you need to hit the track...

...But, you won't get a good one for 3000 euro's. you need to triple that atleast.
Ah no..

Those H-D's you like aint gonna get near the speeds the O.P.specified.. unless they are in super-Bonneville spec..

But back in 1999, the Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa was tested by Cycleworld mag as good for 0-60 mph 2.6 sec,
& a 1/4 mile in 9.86 @ 145 mph on the way to a drama free top speed of 194 mph ( over 300 K/mh)..

Likely, a tidy original unit ought be sourced from the USA, within budget, & prepped to do it on the Autobahn..
i never said a harley would hit 300+. i said they're most FUN. not that they reach 300, as to me, that is not the definition of fun to be honest.

J.A.W.

Its a def' a buzz.. & that's a kind of 'fun'..

Warney Riley is notable for the speed he achieved on H-D's..
& see the 'Ghostrider' videos - for wild turbo-busa antics..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).