The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Can someone please open a separate MSC/HAM fanboy thread, this one is supposed to be about the team, moderators?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

zyphro
zyphro

clipsy1H wrote:
dave34m wrote:MS cannot mix with the top anymore but he wants really badly to feel the glory one more time so he can retire with all the credit he is due. Its time for him to go and he knows it that makes all the better for me. I hope he can at least achieve another podium but I dont think he can win a race, its not impossible but very unlikely. It would be like Jack Nicklaus winning the 1986 Masters. Oh what a great day that was.
exactly but here a lot of people don't accept the truth... but also i belive he can win 1 race :D maybe in Japan.
Tell me in which races he's lost it totally, go on! He's consistently out-performed his team-mate in qualifying and the race: FACT.

clipsy1H

zyphro wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:
dave34m wrote:MS cannot mix with the top anymore but he wants really badly to feel the glory one more time so he can retire with all the credit he is due. Its time for him to go and he knows it that makes all the better for me. I hope he can at least achieve another podium but I dont think he can win a race, its not impossible but very unlikely. It would be like Jack Nicklaus winning the 1986 Masters. Oh what a great day that was.
exactly but here a lot of people don't accept the truth... but also i belive he can win 1 race :D maybe in Japan.
Tell me in which races he's lost it totally, go on! He's consistently out-performed his team-mate in qualifying and the race: FACT.
Rosberg win 1 race this year! Micheal win nothing! even his podium in Valencia was with huge luck. So stop it .... who cares about qualifying? when Rosberg has 2 times Micheal points. At end of season only points count! not qualifying or luck. Stop dream and understand Micheal is to old for this competition.... comeback was the worst decision for him.
You must understand Rosberg and Lewis are the future in this League! Michael is just an old legend who think can fight with these small fishes.
And btw i'm fan Micheal but this Team (mercedes) need a real driver for 2013. A young and talented driver who can fight for Championship. Schumacher it's a great sports figure but there's no place for him and he know that very well.
sometimes it's better to retire in glory but if you don't accept it and keep going to lose your entire aura and we have many examples in sports. athletes who didn't quit in time and the best example is Ronaldo.

I'd like to see Sam Bird next year in team or maybe to other team (FI)

Ferraripilot

clipsy1H wrote:

Rosberg win 1 race this year! Micheal win nothing! even his podium in Valencia was with huge luck. So stop it .... who cares about qualifying? when Rosberg has 2 times Micheal points. At end of season only points count! not qualifying or luck. Stop dream and understand Micheal is to old for this competition.... comeback was the worst decision for him.
You must understand Rosberg and Lewis are the future in this League! Michael is just an old legend who think can fight with these small fishes.
And btw i'm fan Micheal but this Team (mercedes) need a real driver for 2013. A young and talented driver who can fight for Championship. Schumacher it's a great sports figure but there's no place for him and he know that very well.
sometimes it's better to retire in glory but if you don't accept it and keep going to lose your entire aura and we have many examples in sports. athletes who didn't quit in time and the best example is Ronaldo.

I'd like to see Sam Bird next year in team or maybe to other team (FI)

It's beyond silly basing Michael's performance this season on points, not with the reliability issues he's had.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Re: Rumor Mill: Hamilton to leave for Mercedes

Hangaku wrote:
beelsebob wrote: Right, but then, there's strong rumors that Ferrari will employ both Alonso and Vettel in 2014, so it's not outside the realms of possibility that there'll be a works team (yes, RBR are the renault works team now) with a good engine and a stunning designer needing a top driver in 2014.
I would give my left ventricle, to NOT see Hamilton driving a Red Bull.
I don't care really. Hamilton does not have self discipline, a fundamental requirement for success. Freedom often means ability to put self restrains voluntarily all by yourself. Therefore I don't think Hamilton is capable of solidifying a team around himself.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

beelsebob
beelsebob

Dragonfly wrote:
Hangaku wrote:
beelsebob wrote: Right, but then, there's strong rumors that Ferrari will employ both Alonso and Vettel in 2014, so it's not outside the realms of possibility that there'll be a works team (yes, RBR are the renault works team now) with a good engine and a stunning designer needing a top driver in 2014.
I would give my left ventricle, to NOT see Hamilton driving a Red Bull.
I don't care really. Hamilton does not have self discipline, a fundamental requirement for success.
Congrats in proving yourself wrong, either in one statement or the other. Hamilton has been successful, therefore either he has self discipline, or it is not a fundamental requirement for success.

SeijaKessen

Hamilton's self-discipline is inconsistent.

He loses it in avoidable situations; Valencia.

Shrieker

SeijaKessen wrote:Hamilton's self-discipline is inconsistent.

He loses it in avoidable situations; Valencia.
I agree. He should apologise to Igor for making him crash into him.

He wasn't gifted anything. He earned it, and made it count; get over it.

I think after 20 pages of blabber Hamilton should really to go Merc lol. If McLaren don't offer him what he thinks he deserves then so be it.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

beelsebob wrote: Congrats in proving yourself wrong, either in one statement or the other. Hamilton has been successful, therefore either he has self discipline, or it is not a fundamental requirement for success.
While I may not be necessarily right, I am afraid you don't get it. You catch on semantics, 'success' may be not the exact word, but English is not my primary language.
I am viewing a broader and complex picture and placing a broader range of requirements under 'success'.
Even Maldonaldo has a win in his list. And Hamilton's title is due more to luck than consistency and dedication. He is brilliant when he has a day. But that's all, he seems to not mature at all.
I have two sons in the same age range. I know what I am talking about.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

jdlive
jdlive

Dragonfly wrote:
beelsebob wrote: Congrats in proving yourself wrong, either in one statement or the other. Hamilton has been successful, therefore either he has self discipline, or it is not a fundamental requirement for success.
While I may not be necessarily right, I am afraid you don't get it. You catch on semantics, 'success' may be not the exact word, but English is not my primary language.
I am viewing a broader and complex picture and placing a broader range of requirements under 'success'.
Even Maldonaldo has a win in his list. And Hamilton's title is due more to luck than consistency and dedication. He is brilliant when he has a day. But that's all, he seems to not mature at all.
I have two sons in the same age range. I know what I am talking about.
Look at his avatar and that should tell you something about getting something or not :)

I'm under the impression his fans are a bit of the same sort as himself: thinking a bit too highly of him, not seeing reality for what it really is. Delusional would be a good summary but I can't use that word since that might be seen as an insult. Any way, perhaps certain drivers attract certain fans? Button for instance, seems to have a lot more level-headed fans than LH.
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

Chuckjr

Re: Ferrari F2012

I dunno why but I get the feeling Ferrari will be the outright fastest car this weekend.
Watching F1 since 1986.

PlatinumZealot

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

Did anyone know that Hamilton views his car though the screen of "Cool Runnings" (the movie)?

He named the car "Tallulah," after the featured Bobsled in "Cool Runnings". For those who watched the movie, you sure as hell know that this is one of the worst names Hamilton could give the car, and after the Singpaore GP you can definitely believe there is power in a name. :lol: For those who didn't watch Cool runnings, lets me tell you that Tallulah was fast but failed at a key moment.

Hamilton really does seem to really like the MP4-27 though, the way he talks about it on Twitter. He gives the impression that the MP4-27 is probably the best Mclaren in a long while. He dubs it "One bad ass motha that takes no crap from nobody!" A mantra from "Cool runnings" when one of the main characters was being encouraged by his friend to be a man and follow his own dreams despite what his father thinks.

He seems almost obsessed with it. Numerous pictures of it with plastered on Photoshop effects that are quite tasteless mind you but interesting nonetheless. The car was dubbed the "Night fox" for Singapore. "Night fox" is the "world's greatest thief" character in the movie "Ocean's Twelve." It is also the name of an RC car body.

I haven't really seen a driver praise his car like this, much like a boy with his favourite toy. The car must be really good then.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Nando
Nando

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

Just the way he tosses around that car is a sight to behold.

Same deal last year at Korea. Like it weighs half the amount of the other cars. Just brilliant to watch.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

snoop1050
snoop1050

clipsy1H wrote: I have a curiosity. If Michael will sign with Ferrari and at the end of this season Hamilton and Alonso fight for Champ and at the last race Fernando is on P2 but need win for Champ and Michael is first what he gonna do? :mrgreen:
hes going to crash into the back of hamilton when he comes to lap him and alonso will add another wdc to his bedpost

clipsy1H

Re: Vettel-Ferrari 2014 discussion

Seb is probably best driver at the moment (at same level with Alonso) but he will never be next Michael Schumacher probably in next 20-30 years nobody can beat Michael WDC record even if he drive a Ferrari in 2014-2020 :roll: