Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
godlameroso

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

That's a little extreme. Unfortunately we will have to wait until the end of this month to see where things start heading.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

America's biggest export is aircraft and related services and guess which industry will be hurt the most? Thats right. Expect America to do everything it can to recover and of course put down competing nations while they can.

America will be hurt big time.. But there will be opportunities for other countries. I dont know yet. But interesting times ahead.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

Craigy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 23:44
America's biggest export is aircraft and related services and guess which industry will be hurt the most? Thats right. Expect America to do everything it can to recover and of course put down competing nations while they can.

America will be hurt big time.. But there will be opportunities for other countries. I dont know yet. But interesting times ahead.
This is getting offtopic. My point was about F1 and manufacturers leaving (particularly Honda, who were already making noises about not staying before this hit).

In terms of america, this page has a list of exports, aircraft are 4th, but it doesn't split out military from commercial:
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/Pr ... /ft900.pdf -- you want to read page 28 of 63.
A summary is as follows:

Machinery including computers: US$205.9 billion (12.5% of total exports)
Mineral fuels including oil: $199.7 billion (12.1%)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $173.2 billion (10.5%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $136 billion (8.3%)
Vehicles: $133 billion (8.1%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $90.8 billion (5.5%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $64.9 billion (3.9%)
Gems, precious metals: $59.6 billion (3.6%)
Pharmaceuticals: $53.6 billion (3.3%)
Organic chemicals: $39.3 billion (2.4%)

PlatinumZealot

Craigy wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 10:54
PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 23:44

This is getting offtopic. My point was about F1 and manufacturers leaving (particularly Honda, who were already making noises about not staying before this hit).

In terms of america, this page has a list of exports, aircraft are 4th, but it doesn't split out military from commercial:
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/Pr ... /ft900.pdf -- you want to read page 28 of 63.
A summary is as follows:

Machinery including computers: US$205.9 billion (12.5% of total exports)
Mineral fuels including oil: $199.7 billion (12.1%)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $173.2 billion (10.5%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $136 billion (8.3%)
Vehicles: $133 billion (8.1%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $90.8 billion (5.5%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $64.9 billion (3.9%)
Gems, precious metals: $59.6 billion (3.6%)
Pharmaceuticals: $53.6 billion (3.3%)
Organic chemicals: $39.3 billion (2.4%)
Let me clarify the largest single sub-category is commercial aircraft.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

etusch

Honda had made 1 year deal with redbull to see new Engine regulations. Now it looks like it postphoned for one year (I think engine rules too with aero) I expect and hope one more year they will go with it but also I wonder what they are going to do.
Last edited by etusch on 05 Apr 2020, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Alexf1

Wazari wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 01:42
With the shortened season, I don't know how the planned upgrades will be affected. I do know there was one significant upgrade planned to be introduced right after the summer break. Everything being so fluid now, who knows what's going to happen.
This would mean starting the season in june/july with spec 1 or spec 2 would mean small difference in performance. But starting the season in july/aug could mean starting with spec3. Especially tempting I would think if an engine freeze is suddenly being pulled forward by FIA. What are your thoughts on this?

NL_Fer

I am sure Mercedes and Renault also have their doubts. The crisis will cut a significant part of revenue.

And total engine freeze is the only why to keep all manufacturers in F1.

Craigy

NL_Fer wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 22:45
I am sure Mercedes and Renault also have their doubts. The crisis will cut a significant part of revenue.

And total engine freeze is the only why to keep all manufacturers in F1.
With the drop in sales and subsequent recession I'd say it's really unlikely they will all stay. Actually I could see two of them leaving: Honda and Renault.

GhostF1

Honda have release a couple tech vids and although in total Japanese, this one in particular is talking about the MGU-H and shows the turbine and MGU-H assembly in its entirety, although blurred... Interesting to see it though. First vague look we've ever had.

nzjrs

GhostF1 wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 01:39
Honda have release a couple tech vids and although in total Japanese, this one in particular is talking about the MGU-H and shows the turbine and MGU-H assembly in its entirety, although blurred... Interesting to see it though. First vague look we've ever had.
Awesome! thanks for posting!

godlameroso

That looks like it has a ~84 - 88mm compressor wheel. You only need ~72mm compressor wheel to flow enough air for 1,000hp.
Saishū kōnā

gruntguru

Unless you want to run at lambda 1.6
je suis charlie

ispano6

GhostF1 wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 01:39

Thank you for posting. It caught my attention when Naomi-san mentions generator magnet that is in between the turbine and compressor. Even if it isn't completely "free energy", it's intriguing that the MGU-H has no limit in energy generation. It makes a lot of sense!

etusch

It would be great to have eng subs

Wouter

etusch wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 08:40
It would be great to have eng subs
You can choose the language yourself by activating the subtitle and then choosing your language
in settings under "automatic translation".
The Power of Dreams!