Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
techman
techman

Re: Renault V6 Power Unit

i think renault desperate to keep redbull. not a suprise. renault team alone cant win for at least 3 years

Andres125sx

Godius wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 10:42
lawnmower wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 12:07
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e-1046183/

"I was secretly hoping that Red Bull would have the pace to win," said Abiteboul.

"They were very, very close to that, but not quite there. We have more to come, and they could have more to come from the fuel.

"That's something that's clear. We can guarantee an equity of performance of what is in our control, which is hardware, which is software.

"Not anything other than that, like fuel, because they elected themselves for strategic and commercial reasons to go for their own partner, which we appreciate, and we support by homologating their product.

"I'm sure Exxon has to ability and capacity to catch up, but they are a bit behind. The installation is also a little bit different.

"That's why there are small discrepancies, and I accept that."
Abiteboul clearly has gone delusional. The Exxon fueled RBR's lapped both Renault and McLaren with the BP fuel.
What he´s saying is RBR with his fuel has a handicap, they´re a bit behind (literally). That means the gap between RBR and Renault chassis is even higher, so even if they´re blaming RBR for using a different fuel, they´re also reckoning the gap with them is even higher than what we see.

I don´t think they would say this if it´s not true

PhillipM
PhillipM

Exactly, what they're saying is the RBR with a fuel upgrade will be even faster, so many people on here love to twist words to their own short sighted trolling. #-o

63l8qrrfy6
63l8qrrfy6

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6419 ... Abiteboul/

So it wasn't the exhaust manifold then, just another Eric Boulanger cockup.

Benii6
Benii6

Mudflap wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 20:33

Or yours? In McLaren's post race report, which is uploaded couple hours after the race, it said ''...after losing boost pressure thanks to a broken charge air cooler pipe.''.

63l8qrrfy6
63l8qrrfy6

Benii6 wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 21:00
Mudflap wrote:

Or yours? In McLaren's post race report, which is uploaded couple hours after the race, it said ''...after losing boost pressure thanks to a broken charge air cooler pipe.''.
It was meant as a reply to godlameroso's post on the previous page if could have been arsed to read..

roon
roon

Benii6 wrote:
Mudflap wrote:

Renault likely do not supply the intercooler nor associated pipework.

Benii6
Benii6

roon wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 21:26
Benii6 wrote:
Mudflap wrote:

Renault likely do not supply the intercooler nor associated pipework.
Yes, I agree. I was just trying to point out that EB didn't say that the issue was cracked manifold. And I realize this isn't the place to discuss this, but it's a pet peeve of mine, when people mispresent facts and then call for someone's job based on those facts.

Godius

Andres125sx wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 19:14
Godius wrote:
lawnmower wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 12:07
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e-1046183/

"I was secretly hoping that Red Bull would have the pace to win," said Abiteboul.

"They were very, very close to that, but not quite there. We have more to come, and they could have more to come from the fuel.

"That's something that's clear. We can guarantee an equity of performance of what is in our control, which is hardware, which is software.

"Not anything other than that, like fuel, because they elected themselves for strategic and commercial reasons to go for their own partner, which we appreciate, and we support by homologating their product.

"I'm sure Exxon has to ability and capacity to catch up, but they are a bit behind. The installation is also a little bit different.

"That's why there are small discrepancies, and I accept that."
Abiteboul clearly has gone delusional. The Exxon fueled RBR's lapped both Renault and McLaren with the BP fuel.
What he´s saying is RBR with his fuel has a handicap, they´re a bit behind (literally). That means the gap between RBR and Renault chassis is even higher, so even if they´re blaming RBR for using a different fuel, they´re also reckoning the gap with them is even higher than what we see.

PhillipM wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 19:51
Exactly, what they're saying is the RBR with a fuel upgrade will be even faster, so many people on here love to twist words to their own short sighted trolling. #-o
I understand what he says and I'm not trolling. What bothers me is that Abiteboul is always blaming third-parties for the Renault shortcomings. He never takes into account that Red Bull has been a very loyal customer, the most loyal in the last decade. I believe only Force India (with Mercedes) comes close to them in terms of customer loyalty. Even their own Enstone team turned their back against Renault a few years ago. and still Abiteboul grabs every opportunity to drag Red Bull trough the mud. I'm sure the Exxon guys are introducing a new fuel spec that enhances performance in the upcoming races, no need for him to whine about it, he should focus on his own team.

djos

So funny, Renault have finally realised they haven't got a chance of winning any races at all in the next few years if RedBull leave for Honda and they are pulling out all stops to keep them.

Personally I really hope Honda can pull a rabbit out of their hat and produce a quality PU in time for RedBull to use them for 2019.
"In downforce we trust"

McHonda
McHonda

Godius wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 10:33
Andres125sx wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 19:14
Godius wrote:

PhillipM wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 19:51
I understand what he says and I'm not trolling. What bothers me is that Abiteboul is always blaming third-parties for the Renault shortcomings. He never takes into account that Red Bull has been a very loyal customer, the most loyal in the last decade. I believe only Force India (with Mercedes) comes close to them in terms of customer loyalty. Even their own Enstone team turned their back against Renault a few years ago. and still Abiteboul grabs every opportunity to drag Red Bull trough the mud. I'm sure the Exxon guys are introducing a new fuel spec that enhances performance in the upcoming races, no need for him to whine about it, he should focus on his own team.
Loyal? They were trying everything they could to get out of the partnership during 2014/15. Even trying to get Bernie to wield some influence to force a Mercedes supply which fell flat on it's face and in the fallout they no longer run badged Renault's. They love doing the same thing you accuse Abiteboul of.

Just last week with the upgrade they downtalk it to only a tenth while not bothering to mention why it was only a tenth for them but 3 tenths for Renault and McLaren. Classic Red Bull and precisely why Abiteboul then has to come out and say the whole story.

Loyalty and F1 don't go hand in hand. If you're not winning you're looking for ways to win. New engine,new suppliers, new sponsors,new engineers or new drivers, someone's always getting shafted in the name of being more competitive.

djos

djos wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 11:06
So funny, Renault have finally realised they haven't got a chance of winning any races at all in the next few years if RedBull leave for Honda and they are pulling out all stops to keep them.

Personally I really hope Honda can pull a rabbit out of their hat and produce a quality PU in time for RedBull to use them for 2019.
Wow, can't believe I got down voted on this!

Ffs, blind Freddy can see Renault have come to this conclusion!
"In downforce we trust"

techman
techman

its clear cyrill knows no redbull no reanult wins . it will take few years for renault to be at that level. forget mclaren they are struggling.

godlameroso

Mudflap wrote:

Sorry about that. I'm not Eric though ;)

In hindsight it makes sense, at least the engine is still good. I wonder if it was a loose coupler. Or a bolt that fell off a bracket?
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

McHonda wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 12:21
Just last week with the upgrade they downtalk it to only a tenth while not bothering to mention why it was only a tenth for them but 3 tenths for Renault and McLaren.

Ricciardo said the upgrade was 12 hp and Renault said the upgrade was 20 hp including new fuel:
12 hp for the engine (just like Ricciardo said) and 8 hp by the new fuel.
Where did you hear someone talking about three tenths?
The Power of Dreams!