BMW engine

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Jukebox
Jukebox

BMW engine

Often it had been beleived that BMW has the most powerful engine in F1 and they certainly prooved that by getting good results in qualifying and the most recent is at Monza.

I think that the BMW engine can only rev to the max for a couple of laps only.

Why? ...because usually on raceday when any of the Williams try to keep pace with the Ferraris, usually the engine will blow up.

At Monza recently, while Ralf was ahead and Montoya tried to hold Rubens behind him so that Ralf would have number of secs lead advantage. I bet they boosted the rev limiter and ending up Ralf blewing his engine at a later stage.

They have the power but not reliability..anybody think otherwise?
Ferrari forever....

Steven
Owner

Nope, I totally agree !

I wish to say also that I think the power difference is a lot smaller than it was in 2001. Unfortunately :?

hope next year is a little more intense, and judges its world champion in the last race :!:
My dear friend Mika Hakkinen was the last one who gave me that pleasure.. ow I'm starting to miss the guy :)

Jukebox
Jukebox

One more think....if you observe the Williams pit crew everytime their car comes in for a pitstop, there will always be a guy with an airline or hose topping up something at where the engine is.

The pneumatic valves nowadays in F1 engine, no longer uses coil springs to close the valves because it's not quick enough, instead they uses double valve springs mounted one inside the other. The seal varies for each engine manufacturer and from the look of things, they are still facing such problem as the gas that exits in each stroke are way too much and would result in valves hitting the pistons if the reservoir is empty.
Ferrari forever....

Steven
Owner

BMW has revealed they have been testing their new engine already. This happened last wednesday already by Ralf Schumacher. the engine was said to have had a positively running test .. P83 heh.. :)