Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
J.A.W.
J.A.W.
100
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am
Location: Altair IV.

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Rather than a lager-type O-Bahn, what about a thermal lift chimney-style 'wall of death' track?

Just get the vortices flowing & its up.. up.. & away...


Image
"I believe in the Workers Revolution & I believe in the Final Solution,
I believe in the Shape of Things to Come, & I believe I'm not the only one..."
: Pete Shelley (Buzzcocks).

User avatar
Feliks
4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Krakow,Poland

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Feliks wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:12 am

https://www.new4stroke.com/5metkwa100.jpg

Well, I have already shown that such a vehicle can move on its own if we accelerate it to such a speed of 30 km / h. but as a windmill I would be useful, not least because the wind blows, when it needs to add any power it wants ... It is an uncomfortable situation ... ) 5 m ^ 2, gives us a lift of 3290 N. Well, but with this speed, we must also take into account the aerodynamic drag plus friction costs .. they are respectively 596 N + 300 N = 896 N. which we have to subtract from the lift used .. we will have to use 2394 N (~~ 240 KG), And now, by analogy, that is 300 N will give us about 200 Watt what power manages, these 2394/300 = 8 times more power to obtain, that is 8 x 200 W = ~ 1.5 KW of power to obtain at this speed .. By mounting the alternator on such a vehicle, we will get 1.5 KW of power, but all the time, regardless of the weather, and only due to the movement of such a vehicle, 24 / 7. By building a railway track around the city in which you live, let's say with a diameter of 2 km, we will get 6 km of a closed circuit on which we can put such vehicles in order to generate electricity and distribute it to the network using a pantograph, similar to a locomotive electricity .. But now, such a vehicle may have, let's say, 5 wings as in my drawing, which may cause the amount of electricity it produces to increase by 5 times that is, 5 x 1.5 = 7.5 KW. for one vehicle .. now, the length of this track, it will be 6000 meters, and if we put 300 such vehicles every 20 meters each, it will give us 300 x 7.5 = 2250 Kw, or 2.2 MW. but always, without watching the wind blowing .. Of course, you can build 5 such tracks in parallel, for example, and five for the height, then this power will increase by 25 times or 50 MW. Maybe this will satisfy the energy needs of your small town? These are just the first ideas, but for example the track can also go up and down, say 200 meters, like today's windmills, which will give us 400 meters of work. ? The rest depends on your ideas .. .. :idea:

Andrew :D
Because I forgot to add that if this Dedalus was flying around the ground, with these 30 km / h it would be enough for wings 2.5 m / 5 = 0.5 square meters, i.e. 1 m x 0.5 m in this package .. That's what the wings have models of airplanes .. And probably for the drive of the bike, too, that such a package of 10 such small wings would be enough on this tilting beam .. .. Well, unless someone is riding a bike to stay healthy .. :D

Andrew :D

User avatar
Feliks
4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Krakow,Poland

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Yes, if you could make such a cart, instead of normal tracks, then a double width of eg 4 meters, then two on each side could fit on the same wheels ... and then such a vehicle (6 X) would be able to give these 50 KW of electric power .. with their number 300 pcs it gives 15 MEGAWATS .. for one floor ...
Such an old drawing for the diagram I am thinking of .. :)

Image

But now what if you turned the World "upside down "? :lol: :lol:


Image

Because it would be a vehicle whose wings could float in water .... water has 1000 times greater specific weight, so the forces are probably also 1000 times greater ..
Well, I don't want to multiply the above calculation by 1000, because that would give 15,000 MW. or 1/3 of the power needed in Great Britain
now you can see that you can also make much smaller wings - here you can see in the video that they are really small, how one such "dog wing" can keep an 8-ton yacht afloat .. this is the force that is really small at a speed of 30 km / h could give energy to pressure the swing .. :idea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC75



I recommend developing the idea further ..

Andrew :D :D

User avatar
Big Tea
165
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Why not a 'squirrel cage' style wheel of vanes? The forward motion would provide extra power and the vented air would provide extra propulsion :mrgreen:
I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it-
Voltaire, or several other claimants.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.
100
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am
Location: Altair IV.

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Feliks wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:10 am
Yes, if you could make such a cart, instead of normal tracks, then a double width of eg 4 meters, then two on each side could fit on the same wheels ... and then such a vehicle (6 X) would be able to give these 50 KW of electric power .. with their number 300 pcs it gives 15 MEGAWATS .. for one floor ...
Such an old drawing for the diagram I am thinking of .. :)

https://www.new4stroke.com/handcar10.jpg

But now what if you turned the World "upside down "? :lol: :lol:


https://www.new4stroke.com/piec100.jpg

Because it would be a vehicle whose wings could float in water .... water has 1000 times greater specific weight, so the forces are probably also 1000 times greater ..
Well, I don't want to multiply the above calculation by 1000, because that would give 15,000 MW. or 1/3 of the power needed in Great Britain
now you can see that you can also make much smaller wings - here you can see in the video that they are really small, how one such "dog wing" can keep an 8-ton yacht afloat .. this is the force that is really small at a speed of 30 km / h could give energy to pressure the swing .. :idea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC75



I recommend developing the idea further ..

Andrew :D :D







Yeah, y'know Prada failed in their bid to take the America's Cup from Team NZ, right?

A.G. Bell (inventor of the telephone), proving the hydrofoil, well over a century ago...

Image
"I believe in the Workers Revolution & I believe in the Final Solution,
I believe in the Shape of Things to Come, & I believe I'm not the only one..."
: Pete Shelley (Buzzcocks).

User avatar
Feliks
4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Krakow,Poland

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Big Tea wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am
Why not a 'squirrel cage' style wheel of vanes? The forward motion would provide extra power and the vented air would provide extra propulsion :mrgreen:
At first glance, this is not a good solution, because the resistance to movement may be greater than the force obtained .. Although not necessarily, because if you think about such a solution, it is possible to further research and develop it .. for now, he would stop at the simplest solution of the classic profile, which gives this resistance to lift at least 1: 5. (1: 10) But here you can see that for the price of complications, maybe something could still be obtained .. here such a movie too ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FanWing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjMbfxsHXw4

But it's good that there are developing ideas, but you have to be careful not to make them worse, but really profitable. And it probably won't be easy, because the speed of sound was only exceeded 50 years after the first flight of the Wright Brothers.
But the most important thing is that we are already "flying" .. :D :D

Andrew :D

User avatar
Big Tea
165
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Feliks wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:07 pm
Big Tea wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am
Why not a 'squirrel cage' style wheel of vanes? The forward motion would provide extra power and the vented air would provide extra propulsion :mrgreen:
At first glance, this is not a good solution, because the resistance to movement may be greater than the force obtained .. Although not necessarily, because if you think about such a solution, it is possible to further research and develop it .. for now, he would stop at the simplest solution of the classic profile, which gives this resistance to lift at least 1: 5. (1: 10) But here you can see that for the price of complications, maybe something could still be obtained .. here such a movie too ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FanWing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjMbfxsHXw4

But it's good that there are developing ideas, but you have to be careful not to make them worse, but really profitable. And it probably won't be easy, because the speed of sound was only exceeded 50 years after the first flight of the Wright Brothers.
But the most important thing is that we are already "flying" .. :D :D

Andrew :D
What if a flat planed wing was place across infront of it? would the air movement not cause lift on it? (low pressure below?)
I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it-
Voltaire, or several other claimants.

User avatar
Feliks
4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Krakow,Poland

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Big Tea wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:03 pm
Feliks wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:07 pm
Big Tea wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am
Why not a 'squirrel cage' style wheel of vanes? The forward motion would provide extra power and the vented air would provide extra propulsion :mrgreen:
At first glance, this is not a good solution, because the resistance to movement may be greater than the force obtained .. Although not necessarily, because if you think about such a solution, it is possible to further research and develop it .. for now, he would stop at the simplest solution of the classic profile, which gives this resistance to lift at least 1: 5. (1: 10) But here you can see that for the price of complications, maybe something could still be obtained .. here such a movie too ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FanWing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjMbfxsHXw4

But it's good that there are developing ideas, but you have to be careful not to make them worse, but really profitable. And it probably won't be easy, because the speed of sound was only exceeded 50 years after the first flight of the Wright Brothers.
But the most important thing is that we are already "flying" .. :D :D

Andrew :D
What if a flat planed wing was place across infront of it? would the air movement not cause lift on it? (low pressure below?)
Well, such complications require research .. Preferably in the wind tunnel .. :)

I think that the most important thing is to determine the "stall speed" for each version of the vehicle, i.e. to what speed it should be accelerated, so that it can drive itself further .. The lower this "stall speed" is, the better the efficiency of the whole system will be .. 8)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stall_(fl ... ics)#Speed

Andrew :D

User avatar
Zynerji
136
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post


User avatar
nzjrs
126
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Austria/UK

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Zynerji wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:59 pm
This is amazing! I love it.

He could talk to Feliks and add a couple of more linkages and pretty soon it would be generating more than enough power to stay airborne indefinitely :wink:

J.A.W.
J.A.W.
100
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am
Location: Altair IV.

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Feliks wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:07 pm
Big Tea wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am
Why not a 'squirrel cage' style wheel of vanes? The forward motion would provide extra power and the vented air would provide extra propulsion :mrgreen:
At first glance, this is not a good solution, because the resistance to movement may be greater than the force obtained .. Although not necessarily, because if you think about such a solution, it is possible to further research and develop it .. for now, he would stop at the simplest solution of the classic profile, which gives this resistance to lift at least 1: 5. (1: 10) But here you can see that for the price of complications, maybe something could still be obtained .. here such a movie too ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FanWing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjMbfxsHXw4

But it's good that there are developing ideas, but you have to be careful not to make them worse, but really profitable. And it probably won't be easy, because the speed of sound was only exceeded 50 years after the first flight of the Wright Brothers.
But the most important thing is that we are already "flying" .. :D :D

Andrew :D
It was only 40 years, Andrew - Nazi rocket scientists had punched up through the stratosphere at supersonic
speed with their (for the day) hugely complex machine - the A4/V2 guided ballistic missile, by 1943...
"I believe in the Workers Revolution & I believe in the Final Solution,
I believe in the Shape of Things to Come, & I believe I'm not the only one..."
: Pete Shelley (Buzzcocks).

User avatar
Feliks
4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Krakow,Poland

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Zynerji wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:59 pm
Many thanks to Zynerja for this movie. =D> This is a real development and makes it easier to understand this new idea .. It is clearly visible that this type of wing can be better than a classic windmill .. :)
I also mentioned that planes can stay in the air indefinitely. I wrote about a Dedalus that, powered by such wings (of course made in Dedalus technology), can fly forever,. with such dimensions of the wings (in the same scale) here on the market you can see, and at this speed of 30 km / h, it can give as many as a pedaling person .. they are drawn in red .. You can see green, you can reduce the cockpit for the pilot l which, maybe quite lying ..

Image

Now for individualists if you want your electricity. in a detached house, you have to dig a channel with a diameter of 20 meters and a depth of 2 meters around you .. concrete its walls (like a swimming pool), pour half the water .. as I calculated 200 watts gives us two wings of 5 square meters at 30km / h. multiply this by 1000, this will give us 200 Kw. and the porthole in the house only 20 kW, so the gates can have a mic of 5 m / 10 = 0.5 m2 (2 x 0.25 m2), so a 1 m trench width is enough. and on a 20 KW dynamo cart. Now you can put concrete slabs on it and cover the ground .. and the power plant is ready, completely invisible to the eyes. :D

Andrew :D

User avatar
Feliks
4
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Krakow,Poland

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Further development of the idea --- well, 3 times longer arms can be done .. then 3 times smaller area of the wings can be used for the same effect ..

Image

Well, you can also drive such a trolley, use the way of sitting, not pushing its arms with your hands .. Just like children do when playing.

Image

Those who believe in global warming in the garden can be fitted with generators for such a swing for their children. Children play, they will also make electricity .. :lol:

It's such a completely new kind of sit drive. :D

Andrew :D

J.A.W.
J.A.W.
100
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am
Location: Altair IV.

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Feliks wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:22 am
Further development of the idea --- well, 3 times longer arms can be done .. then 3 times smaller area of the wings can be used for the same effect ..

https://www.new4stroke.com/long.jpg

Well, you can also drive such a trolley, use the way of sitting, not pushing its arms with your hands .. Just like children do when playing.

https://www.new4stroke.com/hustawka12.jpg

Those who believe in global warming in the garden can be fitted with generators for such a swing for their children. Children play, they will also make electricity .. :lol:

It's such a completely new kind of sit drive. :D

Andrew :D
But... Andrew, surely this is an example of the dreaded 'pendulum fallacy'!

Member here Manolis (who has had his patented engine designs noted in scholarly articles),
is very well versed on the sophistications of the technicalities vis`a vis the impossibility of
these fanciful notions - "flying forever" - in Earth's atmosphere, as if - 'space junk'...

Perhaps you should ask him for a well-reasoned critique?
"I believe in the Workers Revolution & I believe in the Final Solution,
I believe in the Shape of Things to Come, & I believe I'm not the only one..."
: Pete Shelley (Buzzcocks).

gruntguru
gruntguru
493
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Post

Flying forever? No problem with a lighter-than-air machine. You can even make it move with minimal power input:

- reduce the bouyancy (reduce the volume using a winch or similar to compress the structure and its contents). Nose-down and the airship goes into a shallow dive.

- reverse the process to increase the bounyancy and nose-up to propell the vehicle forward during the climb.

Would the required energy input be less than the energy gained in propelling the vehicle forwards? Perhaps - if the process is somehow extracting energy from the atmosphere.
je suis charlie