BMEP

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Greg Sowell
Greg Sowell

BMEP

I read a very informative article on the comparison of BMEP throughout the life of F1, but can't find it anymore since Comcast quirked my favorites.

Does anyone have a notion of where I might find it again.

Cheers, Greg
Laissez les bon tremps roulez!

Steven
Owner

Hi,
and welcome to this forum!

Can you please be a little more specific? What is BMEP, because it's not very clear to me.. think some more people don't know :?

Greg Sowell
Greg Sowell

BMEP

BMEP, Brake Mean Effective Pressure is a means of rating engine efficiency. In the article I'm hunting for various engines from the history of F1 were rated. Unlike BHP it doesn't rely on RPM and so rates the actuall efficiency of the process. What was most interesting was that the Vanwall engine actually rated the highest of all for BMEP. Not by tons mind you but still highest.

Unfortunately Comcast swallowed my bookmarks before I had a chance to really get into the article. Unfortunately Comcast's version of IE has usurped my net connection and it's at best balky when trying to search.

Later then, G

Greg Sowell
Greg Sowell

BMEP

Here's a link that is informative. Note that the highest hp isn't always the highest BMEP. http://www.tpub.com/engine1/en-94htm

Cheers then, Greg