Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
strad

Re: Formula E

Paris...Another farce. :roll:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

FrukostScones

strad wrote:
01 May 2019, 19:33
Paris...Another farce. :roll:
yes, it is bumper cars.

Maybe the German round can provide some mature racing because track is less narrow red provoking garbage?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ubuysa
ubuysa

I've tried watching FE several times, but I can't stand the way its presented on TV. It all seems so chaotic. It's more of a show than a race. I hope they never do that to F1.

strad

Also my wife and I cannot stand the sound. That whine is enough to give me a headache. Sounds like over grown slot cars.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Morteza

strad wrote:
02 May 2019, 20:28
Also my wife and I cannot stand the sound. That whine is enough to give me a headache. Sounds like over grown slot cars.
The sound is horrible. My brother asked me the other day how the drivers can drive the car with that annoying noise in their ears. What is the source of it by the way? I thought EVs are pretty much quiet vehicles
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

roon
roon

strad wrote:
...I cannot stand the sound. That whine is enough to give me a headache. Sounds like over grown slot cars.
As a gearhead I'd have thought you would appreciate some gear whine. Guess you're more into just the whine part.

FrukostScones

roon wrote:
04 May 2019, 04:46
strad wrote:
...I cannot stand the sound. That whine is enough to give me a headache. Sounds like over grown slot cars.
As a gearhead I'd have thought you would appreciate some gear whine. Guess you're more into just the whine part.
LOL, lets have a whining competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJH84FnQa8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4MRydmz86E
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Big Tea

They should change to spoked wheels, then they can put a strip of film negative to touch it and give a nice noise, like I used to on my bike when I was a kid.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

strad

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sir Stirling Moss

Andres125sx

Very interesting posts above... #-o

Paris was a tipically chaotic urban race under the rain. What you usually would call a great race with tons of action and a driver beating the field under difficult conditions if in F1, somehow same in FE is seen as a farce...

I wonder what else is needed to consider a post trolling sincerely

It was a great race, with Rowland making a big rookie mistake in dry conditions at first lap, and then Frinjs leading the rest of the race with full autority. There was some awesome recoveries too like Vergne who went from the bottom of the grid to 6th =D> and some others causing several collisions, like Dambrosio and again Rowland

Fun race to me

strad

They ran into each other how many times?
Real show of driving talent and ability to shine in the wet. :lol: :lol:
Sir Stirling Moss

bill shoe
bill shoe

The amount of contact between race cars expands to fill the tolerance available from the stewards. If Max Verstappen was racing those cars on those tracks with those stewards, then he would have as much car-to-car contact as the FE drivers.

strad

bill shoe wrote:
06 May 2019, 23:48
The amount of contact between race cars expands to fill the tolerance available from the stewards. If Max Verstappen was racing those cars on those tracks with those stewards, then he would have as much car-to-car contact as the FE drivers.
Seriously Bill? That's what you really think? I disagree.
Sir Stirling Moss

Andres125sx

strad wrote:
06 May 2019, 22:00
They ran into each other how many times?
Real show of driving talent and ability to shine in the wet. :lol: :lol:
Like most urban races under the rain, specially with no open wheel cars

Also, this has been first FE race under the rain ever (apart from some damp track in first laps of first race this season) so both teams and drivers had zero experience in the wet with any FE car, this gen2 or the previous. It was a first for all of them

They all are experienced drivers and teams, a good percentage come directly from F1 (drivers, engineers and team managers), ask Mercedes, so if you think they are lacking talent I suggest a reevaluation :wink:

strad

I see has beens and wanna bes
Sir Stirling Moss