2018 Formula 2

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
NathanOlder

2018 Formula 2

It may have only been testing, BUT.....

Lando Norris (rookie) was fastest in both the wet morning session, and dry afternoon session in Paul Ricard. This being the first day of testing for them (other than a shakedown in Magny Cours a few weeks ago)

https://www.autosport.com/f2/news/13468 ... f2-testing

Impressive for a rookie but , this guy is seriously talented and as I have in my signature, he is definitely Hamilton's replacement as the British Champion. Watch out Max, Lando is coming.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

adb
adb

Re: 2018 Formula 2

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/ ... t-1012366/

Norris leading second day.
Maybe Lando and Carlin will put 'Prema dominance' talk to bed

denisjp

I've been following F3 in 2017 just for Lando, and he seems to really have a great potential. Anyway, I think he's not the only one in this year's F2. There's a really competitive field. Wouldn't be too much of a surprise if he doesn't win, but a victory in 2018 would be quite significant for any young driver considering the level of the championship

Inviato dal mio SM-J530F utilizzando Tapatalk

adb
adb

Norris and Russell :D
de Vries is quite close, but Gelael in that OP Prema, hmmm... :lol:
Edit: Just noticed, if you take Leclerc out of last year's quali, de Vries and Gelael's gap to pole last year would be the same as it is this year :wink:

NathanOlder

Lando is coming , been saying it for a few years 8)

Just hope he doesn't end up in a pig of a Mclaren. If they cant make a decent car, hopefully someone poaches him away from woking.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sevach

That was quite a destruction by Norris.

Great drive by Markelov to come from the pits to 3rd.
Very good defensive driving by Câmara, but he has to be scratching his head with the gap his team mate put over him.

NathanOlder

I think in a field of same chassis and engines, the whole field should be scratching their heads.

Or just bow down to Lord Lando !

Lando is coming for Nando!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

strad

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Another new copy of the Insider F2
http://theinsider.fiaformula2.com/
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Phil

I havent been following F2, except last year on a couple of occasions and seeing Leclerc utterly dominate. The last two races by Leclerc in the Sauber are quite inpressive too so far.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

NathanOlder

Well despite a disaster in Qualifying for Lando he managed to go from the back up to 6th in the Feature race, while his title rivals all had disasters in the race. Then the Sprint race Lando started 3rd and finished 2nd.

Extending his lead in the championship to 27pts.

Markelov has now made it to joint 2nd in the standings with Albon with Russell in 4th.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

strad

Sir Stirling Moss

NL_Fer

I noticed allot of fire in the exhaust when downshifting and even longer flaming today through a set of left/right corners. Is that the antilag working? How does it work?

bill shoe

The customers are complaining about the products... Seems generally centered around clutch problems and inconsistent power. So both powertrain issues.

https://www.autosport.com/f2/news/13699 ... ers--maini

https://www.autosport.com/f2/news/13698 ... s-continue

https://www.autosport.com/f2/news/13704 ... ry-session

F2 management responds "Why didn't they (Maini) request a dyno test?". I suppose if the problems showed up on the dyno then they would have been fixed pre-track in the first place? Shouldn't there be a torque sensor or at least a virtual torque sensor on the cars? Why would this need to be resolved with a dyno test?

factory_p

bill shoe wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 05:08
F2 management responds "Why didn't they (Maini) request a dyno test?". I suppose if the problems showed up on the dyno then they would have been fixed pre-track in the first place? Shouldn't there be a torque sensor or at least a virtual torque sensor on the cars? Why would this need to be resolved with a dyno test?
This is the standard procedure in F2. Teams get engines validated by the supplier and the FIA.
If they later feel the engine is not performing as it should but nothing is apparently wrong with it then they can request a verification of the performance on a dyno under FIA surveillance.