2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

I can´t understand that assumption some of you do about being aggresive being equal to not respect his rivals.

I´ve always admired Rossi because of his aggresiveness wich is exactly at the limit, something many other riders will not like and they´ve said it repeatedly, but I´ve never considered Rossi does not respect his rivals despite those rivals were spanish frequently. Actually I´ve even criticized riders like Pedrosa because they´re too tame

I can understand riders like Pedrosa criticizing aggresive riders like Marquez, they´re opposite characters. But Rossi criticizing other riders aggresiveness? Is he serious? #-o

NathanOlder

digitalrurouni wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 14:56
I don't believe Pedrosa and Zarco touched. Pedrosa sat his bike up. He only crashed because he went wide naturally because of the pass and got on to the wet part of the track. Hard but fair move.

Marc was using Aleix and Rossi as a mobile berm. That's no way to ride. Even if one can forgive the Aleix move as Aleix later explained he was passed by Petrucci in a similar yet even harder fashion which ultimately led to his retirement out of the race. But then Marc went in to a turn where he had no chance to pass Rossi and had Rossi not fallen MAYBE Race Direction would have been lenient or told him to return another place I am not sure but it was a second incident of him barging in to riders despite having crazy pace than everyone else. He could have been more sensible and passed them at the next turn or something. I think Marc should start the next race from the back of the grid. However that may only exacerbate the situation as now he will have more people to pass!!! Perhaps a ban would be good for him to cool down. His skill is unbelievable but he needs to respect other riders as well!

Also the comment about the Ducati electronics hobbling the bike I disagree. They just have issues with this track. Like they did at Philip Island for example.
Agree with pretty much all of that. And I'd just like to add, Marquez has plenty of previous, where as Zarco doesn't. Marquez has riden like a dick since at least Moto2. I cant remember too much about his 125 days.

As for Rossi, the Jerez incident was in a different era, times have changes as have the decision making by the stewards. Maybe because of Rossi, who knows.
The Rossi marquez incident in malaysia cost Rossi a title. This last weekend probably only cost Marc a dozen points. He will probably win the title anyway.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 19:42
digitalrurouni wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 14:56
I don't believe Pedrosa and Zarco touched. Pedrosa sat his bike up. He only crashed because he went wide naturally because of the pass and got on to the wet part of the track. Hard but fair move.

Marc was using Aleix and Rossi as a mobile berm. That's no way to ride. Even if one can forgive the Aleix move as Aleix later explained he was passed by Petrucci in a similar yet even harder fashion which ultimately led to his retirement out of the race. But then Marc went in to a turn where he had no chance to pass Rossi and had Rossi not fallen MAYBE Race Direction would have been lenient or told him to return another place I am not sure but it was a second incident of him barging in to riders despite having crazy pace than everyone else. He could have been more sensible and passed them at the next turn or something. I think Marc should start the next race from the back of the grid. However that may only exacerbate the situation as now he will have more people to pass!!! Perhaps a ban would be good for him to cool down. His skill is unbelievable but he needs to respect other riders as well!

Also the comment about the Ducati electronics hobbling the bike I disagree. They just have issues with this track. Like they did at Philip Island for example.
Agree with pretty much all of that. And I'd just like to add, Marquez has plenty of previous, where as Zarco doesn't. Marquez has riden like a dick since at least Moto2. I cant remember too much about his 125 days.

As for Rossi, the Jerez incident was in a different era, times have changes as have the decision making by the stewards. Maybe because of Rossi, who knows.
The Rossi marquez incident in malaysia cost Rossi a title. This last weekend probably only cost Marc a dozen points. He will probably win the title anyway.
Incident???

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Yes, the incident where Rossi used his foot to apply sufficient force on the Honda's front brake lever to cause a lock-up/crash..
( as was confirmed by the HRC boss - via telemetry recording).
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

NathanOlder

J.A.W. wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 05:26
Yes, the incident where Rossi used his foot to apply sufficient force on the Honda's front brake lever to cause a lock-up/crash..
Yeah, thats the one. Although I find it hard to believe that Rossi was doing exactly that. Kicking him yes, kicking the brake lever, No.

I mean with the guard, its near impossible to kick that as a moving target while riding the bike yourself. Id say 99% he kicked Marquez on the arm which caused Marquez to jolt the brake lever and down he went.

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote:
I know, what I don´t understand is anyone saying that was an incident. It was the most unsportsmanlike action I´ve seen in MotoGP since a different italian rider (Melandri) slowed down on purpose waiting for Alzamora and once he arrived he tried to crash on purpose with him to win the tittle.

Comparing an intentional kick with a normal racing incident is absurd, biased and ridiculous. My admiration for Rossi was killed in that moment after being his supporter for around 18 years. I had always admired how he was able to push to the limit of the rules without breaking them, but that was way way way beyond the line, had no excuse, and proved Rossi is no longer the rider he used to be

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 08:55
J.A.W. wrote:
Yeah, thats the one. Although I find it hard to believe that Rossi was doing exactly that. Kicking him yes, kicking the brake lever, No.

I mean with the guard, its near impossible to kick that as a moving target while riding the bike yourself. Id say 99% he kicked Marquez on the arm which caused Marquez to jolt the brake lever and down he went.
Nakamoto-san is on the record as stating that it was Rossi's application of 'putting the boot in' that caused the crash,
via braking/tyre lock-up/front-end fold, as confirmed by telemetry, & the vid showed Rossi did it quite knowingly.

In fact, reviewing the 'incident' where M.M. had crashed after contact with V.R. in an earlier Argentine G.P.,
it surely does appear that V.R. slyly, but purposefully, 'brake-checked' M.M. there too.. & got away with it..

It raises the question IMO, as to whether V.R. - in this most recent incident - was 'trying it on' again, but ended
up 'hoist by his own petard' - esp' given his admission that he knew M.M. was closing up quickly, & the vid showing
he 'cut' the corner when M.M. had arrived, only this time, he was a little too late!

Hence perhaps his 'drama-queen' histrionic carry-on post race, & bombastic claims to be 'the sport', in himself!

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 09:12
J.A.W. wrote:
I know, what I don´t understand is anyone saying that was an incident. It was the most unsportsmanlike action I´ve seen in MotoGP since a different italian rider (Melandri) slowed down on purpose waiting for Alzamora and once he arrived he tried to crash on purpose with him to win the tittle.

Comparing an intentional kick with a normal racing incident is absurd, biased and ridiculous. My admiration for Rossi was killed in that moment after being his supporter for around 18 years. I had always admired how he was able to push to the limit of the rules without breaking them, but that was way way way beyond the line, had no excuse, and proved Rossi is no longer the rider he used to be
Totally agree with the Rossi evaluation, but its still an incident. Maybe incident in Spanish has a different meaning. In English, it just means 'something happened' or an 'event'. No one here called it a normal racing incident as you put it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

J.A.W. wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 09:39
NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 08:55
J.A.W. wrote:

Nakamoto-san is on the record as stating that it was Rossi's application of 'putting the boot in' that caused the crash,
via braking/tyre lock-up/front-end fold, as confirmed by telemetry, & the vid showed Rossi did it quite knowingly.

In fact, reviewing the 'incident' where M.M. had crashed after contact with V.R. in an earlier Argentine G.P.,
it surely does appear that V.R. slyly, but purposefully, 'brake-checked' M.M. there too.. & got away with it..

Its obvious putting the boot in caused the crash, I'm just saying I cant see how he managed to get the brake lever with his foot. I would say he was almost certainly looking to kick Marquez, and it happened to be on the arm/hand which happens to hold the brake lever.
What Marquez was doing that day was totally wrong, but no way did it mean Rossi could kick him, but things like that in top level sport happen (totally wrong i know) It would be like the 2014 Abu Dhabi GP and having Button purposely slowing down Rosberg to help Hamilton. Its not on, and I'd expect Rosberg to want to punch button because of it. Marquez was purposely wrecking Rossi's race to help Lorenzo and Rossi lashed out.

As for the Argentinian MotoGP race in 2015 (I think it was) I dont see how anyone can pin that on Rossi, Marquez and Rossi already bumped in the previous corner and Rossi just took the normal racing line from then on. Marquez was too close to Rossi. It was just an unfortunate accident , nothing more in it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

One of Rossi's undoubted 'skills' is IMO - wielding the riding finesse - to have you give him the 'benefit of the doubt'..

But 'dirty tricks' down the decades tend to mount up.. into a litany.. & its that pattern which is a downside to longevity..

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:17
Totally agree with the Rossi evaluation, but its still an incident. Maybe incident in Spanish has a different meaning. In English, it just means 'something happened' or an 'event'. No one here called it a normal racing incident as you put it.
Maybe, in spanish an incident is when there have been a scare, warning or problem wich did not finish in a crash/serious problem, but if there was a crash, that´s an accident

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:34
What Marquez was doing that day was totally wrong, [...] Marquez was purposely wrecking Rossi's race to help Lorenzo and Rossi lashed out.
Please stop repeating Rossi´s BS. As a start, Marquez and Lorenzo are FAR from friends, and they´re from different teams. Assuming he did something wich was bad for his team to help someone he doesn´t cope with, only because he´s a countryman, is so absurd...

Rossi can´t accept defeat, he was almost touching his 10th title and couldn´t accept it was gone, as simple as that.

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 18:26
NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:34
What Marquez was doing that day was totally wrong, [...] Marquez was purposely wrecking Rossi's race to help Lorenzo and Rossi lashed out.
Please stop repeating Rossi´s BS. As a start, Marquez and Lorenzo are FAR from friends, and they´re from different teams. Assuming he did something wich was bad for his team to help someone he doesn´t cope with, only because he´s a countryman, is so absurd...

Rossi can´t accept defeat, he was almost touching his 10th title and couldn´t accept it was gone, as simple as that.
I have to disagree with you, I'm not a big Rossi fan like you are thinking. What Marquez was doing in Malaysia was obvious to see. He had no ambition to win that day, Lorenzo went through and Marquez wasnt interested in the slightest and Lorenzo put a good second in to him within a lap. As soon as Rossi went through, Marquez was passing in places that would slow them both down. If Marquez wanted to win the race, he was have sat on the back of Rossi and let Rossi tow him up to JL. Rossi even looked back at one point as to say "what the hell are you doing" . Rossi fell in to Marquez trap that day and it cost him the title.
Marquez has behaved like a spoilt brat ever since the 125's and its only Rossi who has really called him out for it. I admire Marquez speed, he is probably only second to Stoner of the recent riders, but he has far far far too many crashes to take the GOAT title from Rossi, its almost like Marquez doesnt quite understand where the limit it sometimes. And its good to see the normal Lorenzo year after year, cant ride around a single problem lol

just in case you are wondering, Im 100% team Cal.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

And I just noticed, the Wikipedia page on that race, theres a part called " the incident " because thats exactly what it was lol

and after having a quick look on the matter, a lot of riders blamed both, and a lot said Marquez was being an asshole interfering with the championship, which is exactly what he was doing.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

And just for anyone thinking Rossi kicked Marquez brake lever on purpose, watch this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW_PvMP6hn0

It shows 2 major things to debunk the "kick the brake lever on purpose BS"

1, there was contact between Marquez shoulder/head and Rossi's leg before Rossi took his foot off the peg, (you can see it by looking at ROssi's knee slider) and at that point Rossi kicked out in a way to say "@@@@ off you little @@@@"

2. when Rossi took hos foot off the peg and kicked out, he wasnt even looking at the Honda, he was looking in the opposite direction, theres no way someone would be riding on a moving object, and trying to kick a very very small point on another moving object without looking at it. its just not happening.

So my summary is. Rossi was so annoyed at MM that he was maybe trying to run him wide off the track, Marquez leaned on Rossi during this and Rossi pushed him off with his leg. Rossi's kick hit Marquez on the arm which jolted Marquez and caused him to apply excessive force to the brake lever and down he went.

If you disagree with this, please try and explain it, instead of just calling me a fan boy or calling it BS
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.