2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

second picture is horrifying

nacho
nacho

etusch wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 08:11
I think Honda bike was good. It was stable on braking MM crashed not because of front end. If it were he could save again.
The Honda is fast when you're risking losing the front multiple times a lap. The amount of front-end saves and crashed Marc had last year was too much, eventually it's gonna bite. He started 2019 recovering from a shoulder surgery and 2020 recovering from a shoulder surgery.

nacho
nacho

The video is the crash. The second pictures are from older crashes.

In the video it's visible that theres a very high energy impact from the front tire of the bike to the right hand of Marquez, looks terrible tbh.

etusch

AMG.Tzan

Wow...seems that the front tire of the bike did all the damage! If it hadn't been for that i don't think Marc would have broken anything!

That was totally Marquez's fault...he got onto the white line, lost traction and there goes the highside! If it had been the front end going, like his first accident then it would have been the bike's "fault"!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

Mm will miss next race. Only one factory bike will run

strad

Instagram has gone all sensitive ..Guess I'll watch when I download it.
This video may contain graphic or violent content.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

etusch

strad wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 19:59
Instagram has gone all sensitive ..Guess I'll watch when I download it.
This video may contain graphic or violent content.
I rewatched and it is normal. Maybe regional. Whatever it is MM crash and visible at youtube video.too.

strad

Thanks etusch. I grabbed it. MotoGP is way better than F1 these days. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

etusch

strad wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 01:12
Thanks etusch. I grabbed it. MotoGP is way better than F1 these days. :wink:
you'r welcome.
If you want to see competition motogp better moto3 best 😁 but I nobody has so much time to look tv

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:44
Vinales reminds me of Lorenzo...if something isn't right they are nowhere!
Well, something wasn´t right (front tire choice, soft with all the rest using hard) and even so he was 2nd, look at Rossi with same bike and same tire :wink:

MM save was unbelieveble, and for those who say he should have settled 3rd... After a 2x1 save (first the front slide, then the motocross trip at the gravel), and going to last (18th), and recovering to 3rd with 2nd just in front of him with several laps remaining??? No way, no rider in the grid would have accepted 3rd in that scenario, let alone Marc Marquez

I´m happy for Quartararo, he deserved a victory past season, but finally got it taking the record of youngest GP winner.

KTM looks stronger, good 6th position for Pol, while Suzuki...

Interesting championship ahead :mrgreen:

Andres125sx

Luckily MM surgery went ok and the nerve wasn´t affected, wich is the best possible new. Nerves cant be repaired and could even finish a rider career if some is heavily damaged

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/07/ ... ery/334563

Anycase, Marquez determination and bravery are enviable

nacho
nacho

Suzuki has a very good bike (two wins last year), I think they be good this year with Mir having more experience, they just had a nightmare weekend.

What a relief that there was no nerve damage. I think Marc is not out of the championship yet, he's gonna try to win it till the end. If Honda could make the bike a bit easier to ride on the limit, I don't think it's sustainable to risk losing the front multiple times a lap.

etusch

Andres125sx wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 21:23
AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:44
Vinales reminds me of Lorenzo...if something isn't right they are nowhere!
Well, something wasn´t right (front tire choice, soft with all the rest using hard) and even so he was 2nd, look at Rossi with same bike and same tire :wink:

MM save was unbelieveble, and for those who say he should have settled 3rd... After a 2x1 save (first the front slide, then the motocross trip at the gravel), and going to last (18th), and recovering to 3rd with 2nd just in front of him with several laps remaining??? No way, no rider in the grid would have accepted 3rd in that scenario, let alone Marc Marquez

I´m happy for Quartararo, he deserved a victory past season, but finally got it taking the record of youngest GP winner.

KTM looks stronger, good 6th position for Pol, while Suzuki...

Interesting championship ahead :mrgreen:
As a MM fan I want to see him winning. But Fabio was far away. He could be only 2nd, which is only one position better and with such a fast bike it is not that important. If his tyres didn't sanded when he saved for the first time maybe he could push further but he was the one who has best knowledge about his tyres.
I don't concern about points lost. At the end he made the race very exiting which is more important. Only bad thing is he injured himself and even if he were able to race this week he could not push and it would not be so exiting.
It is good news that his only problem is fracture.

nacho
nacho

There's a rumour Marc is trying to ride already on Friday, three days after the surgery....