2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

nacho wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 21:13
There's a rumour Marc is trying to ride already on Friday, three days after the surgery....
That looks mad, but I´ve seen similar madness before. When it´s just a fracture and it´s been repaired with a titanium plate it´s possible and it´s been done before with success. But it´s extremely risky, in case of a crash the plate and screws could cause a much bigger disaster

If I was MM friend, I´d be calling him daily to stop him, he doesn´t need to assume that kind of risk, even if this season title goes away, wich I think will not even if he can´t race this weekend

AMG.Tzan

nacho wrote:
There's a rumour Marc is trying to ride already on Friday, three days after the surgery....
We are talking about an alien here! :shock:

Wow...that would be epic! But i don't expect him to be anywhere near top 5...top 10 maybe?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 21:43
nacho wrote:
We are talking about an alien here! :shock:

Wow...that would be epic! But i don't expect him to be anywhere near top 5...top 10 maybe?
I hope he just drive around if he race. But if I need to be realistic he will try to be fast.

nacho
nacho

I'm not sure which is the limiting thing, it might be pain. But I wonder how the forces will go through the titanium plate and screws with minimal bone connection.

I remember when Lorenzo crashed on thursday flew to Spain for a collarbone surgery and raced on saturday, but collarbone's seem to be a common and not the worst bone to break for riders. In the next race he crashed and broke the collarbone again with the plate ending up bent and had another surgery.

It was said that the nerve in Marquez's arm wasn't hurt but it was close. I would be worried that in a new crash the plate and screws would come loose and this time damage the nerve.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

For any US motogp fans, it is being shown live on NBC this year, possibly also NBCsn. Same networks IndyCar are shown on
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 23 Jul 2020, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

etusch

Wouter

Jul 23, 2020, 2:02 PM
Reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez has been declared fit to ride in this weekend's Andalusian GP, just four days after an operation on a broken right arm in the Spanish Grand Prix.

The reigning world champion flew to hospital in Barcelona on Monday and underwent an operation - carried out by famed MotoGP surgeon Dr. Xavier Mir - on Tuesday morning, where a plate and some screws were fixed to the bone.

The operation proved a success and, crucially, no damage to the radial nerve was discovered.
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... n=widget-1
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

yet another good example how motogp make things easier for teams who are back.
Owing to the shortened 13-round calendar, engine allocation has been reduced to five for the concession manufacturers (Ducati, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda) and seven for the non-concession ones (KTM, Aprilia).

nacho
nacho

All the guys who broke bones: Rins, Crutchlow and Marquez are declared fit to race by FIM. That of course doesn't mean they can last the whole race, but they will try.

NathanOlder

Yeap, fractured right humerus 5 days ago, and today he will attempt a comeback! I dont like Marquez, but what a hero!! =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

rscsr

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 09:20
Yeap, fractured right humerus 5 days ago, and today he will attempt a comeback! I dont like Marquez, but what a hero!! =D>
he will tomorrow, not today

nacho
nacho

Yeah, Marc is giving it an extra one day to heal, will only start from FP3 as the bike is pretty much setup after the test and last week's race.

Rins and Cal were last at FP1, Rins seemed to suffer more looking at the lap time and amount of laps. Cal did pretty much the same amount of laps as all.

Binder p3 in Fp1. I think we have a new star.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 09:20
What's not to like? He is so much better than anyone else in the world at racing bikes (at least at the moment) it's ridiculous.

His performance in Jerez was set to be positively historic until the second incident. I felt the pain of that watching on TV! He was way up in the air after the high-side, and basically dropped onto his back on the pavement. Good God.

Then the bike slammed into him as he was skidding across the ground for good measure. I think that's where he broke his arm, but who knows.

That kid is tough as hell if he is riding this weekend.

And if he isn't, it's only because he physically can't control the bike with his bad arm, which just might not be possible yet.

etusch

MM93 decides not to race. Right desicion.

Wouter

etusch wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 16:57
MM93 decides not to race. Right desicion.
I agree.
The Power of Dreams!