New F2004 Front Wing

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
akbar21881
akbar21881

It means something.I only interested in one thing,its faster than f2003 and thats the whole point of lap time.

Mikacouli
Mikacouli

akbar21881 wrote:It means something.I only interested in one thing,its faster than f2003 and thats the whole point of lap time.
It's normal that he went faster but that doesn't mean everything.I'm sure it's a good car but we aren't able to say that he is the fastest.We will only see it in Melbourne in just another month.I can't wait. :P
all hopes on the MP4/24

klutsei
klutsei

Can you draw the whole car??
it depends on what's new, when there are more pictures of the F2004, I'll check if it is possible to draw a whole car, we purpose to draw all the new parts of the f2004 down on an internet site, maybe i gona draw other cars, but for now i keep it to the f2004

If you want to see the latest draws you can mail me, and i'll give you the link.

thnx for entusiastic !

SpeedTech
SpeedTech

akbar21881
By the way,I heard the new car has set 56" 279,new lap record at Fiorano today.Can someone confirm this please
Well it is confirmed, I read the same thing just now on F1 live.com his first test of the car at Fiorano he did a quikest lap of 56.338, then on his second outting he set a fastest lap of 56.279. Now considering last year when the F2003GA was put through it's paces it did a 57.045.

Mikacouli
That means nothing.You don't know what they are testing
Any IMPROVEMENT is a good IMPROVMENT! 8)

hit_guy
hit_guy

Hi

Link

First of all in the link above dont you think the ride height of the ferrari is higher than other cars .And also the clearance of the front wing above the ground is more comparable to the Mclarens Front wing wherein the nose is fixed to the wing.
Or is it just that the current front wing in the Fiorino tests are just a intermediate solution
Any comments

Reca
Reca

Just like also the other cars look in lateral view. Point of view, perspective and the color of the background could make the ground clearance to look bigger or smaller, then the wing endplate is 11 cm above the lower edge of the “wooden” plank as rules requires since 2001.
The pic you posted is taken at about the same height of the car (while often the observer is a bit higher) and is taken from a long distance with a very long (focal length) lens because right front wheel is almost exaclty behind the left wheel, also look at the front and rear WEP.

scarbs
scarbs

Beostar
Beostar

something new?
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

scarbs
scarbs

I saw the Ferrari at barcelona on Sunday, the wishbones for chock full of sensors, plus they were running the laser ride height device (with the black heat sink) under the nose. Curiously the tops of the pushrods do not feature the fairing seen on the launch. BTW the wider of the 2 panels on the scuttle is a recess for the third damper, most teams run this in tension under the main rockers, Ferrari run theirs over the top in compression so its very easily accessible.

akbar21881
akbar21881

Whats with all this fairing on the wishbones? Is it an aerodynamically profiled wishbone cover? If seems that Ferrari has gone very far with the attention to the minor details.

Another thing that I'm interested is the placement of the periscope exhaust near the centre of the car.Is it to clear the airflow path to the rear wing.If it is,this means the old location(old for ferrari,but still in used by other teams) is disturbing the air path to the rear wing?

Finally,Scarbs,can you run a similar analysis like you had done about MP4-19 front wing? :D Where does the F2004 front wing produce its maximum downforce and how does the flow behind it looks like?