F2004 tech update at Sepang

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Enzo
Enzo

F2004 tech update at Sepang

Read this nice article:

http://www.thescuderia.net/Technical/Ma ... ates.shtml

Your thoughts?

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

it is obvious that the sauber radiators will lead to better conservation of downforce, but i do not see how the drag is less :( ?

I think that is these radiators will be used in both sidepods then the sidepods would become smaller. Is that something to lead to a drag decrease?

SKRAT
SKRAT

Certainly does reduce drag. Look at the frontal area of the sidepods, in this case smaller is better. Also helps with with the coke-bottle shaping too.

BTW, nice sketches in the story and with historical reference. Seems like the configuration games are to work with the incoming airflow. I would guess that the external aero works also to get the flow 'aligned' properly for the new radiators (or they are simply taking advantage of somthing they've observed in the windtunnel and/or CFD).

-Paul C

You are right Paul!
I am wondering why they are not yet able to use them in both the sidepods...

What do you think about the Sauber "V" radiator? Is it effective as it is said in the article?

Renault were the first to introduce this radiator solution. Sauber have just copied what they deemed to be an efficient compromise between aerodynamics and cooling.