Anti Dive front suspension

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
rodders47
rodders47

Anti Dive front suspension

hello can any of you well informed techs, tell me what is ANTI DIVE front suspension, and how does it perform?

As I am of the older group of Racing fanatics, I built my own race car many years back where the Top front wishbone was "Laid Back" at the rear end with the lower paralel to the ground.

This seems to have changed dramatically in later years !

What is the geametary of this? and what are the real ontrack benefits ?
1/5th R/C car racing.. as good as it gets without the mega bucks

marcush.
marcush.

leaning wishbones back to arrive at a antidive characteristicis still common in formula 1 ,if you look at pictures of current cars.
In Indycars several teams experimented with hydraulic devices to keep the attitude (rake) of the car constant to get a stable aeroplatform,wich in itself is something of a antidive /antisquat system.
With modern damping technologies you should be able to get on top of most of these problems and not get lost with introducing new systems to combat shortfalls of your car ,as current roadcar thinking is all about...Introducing a stability programme into a dog of a car ,will stop it falling onto its mirrors or roof if you try to go quick ,but fast it is not ,because it has no potential to do so....think about it.