Suggestion: Completely hide posts by 'ignored' users

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Zynerji

Re: Suggestion: Completely hide posts by 'ignored' users

I currently have two people on ignore, but they quote me from time to time, and I click the "show post" anyway to see their contribution.

Oddly, I'm thinking of removing them from that status. After the enormous censorship happening on social media, I'm finding that I'm rather disgusted by subjective online censorship of any kind, even if it is me doing it...

bosyber

Re: Suggestion: Completely hide posts by 'ignored' users

Zynerji wrote:
18 May 2019, 22:58
I currently have two people on ignore, but they quote me from time to time, and I click the "show post" anyway to see their contribution.

Oddly, I'm thinking of removing them from that status. After the enormous censorship happening on social media, I'm finding that I'm rather disgusted by subjective online censorship of any kind, even if it is me doing it...
I have had several people on the ignore list, when I thought their posts were repetitive and/or non-contributions, but not quite trolling (bc. more stubbornly misguided than bad intentions). Often I later see a contribution in a thread, open it up, and find them returned to the reasonable - at which point I reevaluate their ignore list spot. I think reporting trolling, ignoring foolishness is on the whole the best strategy.