Notifications when a mod sees a reported post.

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Caito

Notifications when a mod sees a reported post.

Hi guys, when I report a post there's an option in which you can choose to be notified when a mod has seen your reported post.

I noticed that when I report the post, the post is dealt with(being deleted or whatever) but I get no notification.

What's going on?
Last edited by Steven on 12 May 2011, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spelling mistake in title
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Giblet

Re: Notificationss when a mod sees a reported post.

I'm not sure myself.

The system works in a way that it shows the reports. We have the option to close the reports if we want without doing anything, but if we take action on a reported post (like deletion) it automatically closes the report.

I just took a look, and I don't see an option for us to have the system automatically generate a message when it complete.

I've never used the option myself when I was reporting messages as a user, so I was never sure if it would send an email notice to my account or just a PM using the boards system.

If the former, you may want to check the address you registered with and make sure it's not in your spam folder, and if it uses the PM system of the board, then something is likely broken and Tomba will need to fix it.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Caito

The systems sends mails. For some reports I get a mail which says:

Code: Select all

Report Closed - "Thread Title"

Hello Caito,

You are receiving this notification because the report you filed on the
post "Post Title" in "Thread Title" at "F1technical.net" was handled by a
moderator or by an administrator. The report was afterwards closed. If you
have further questions contact Tomba with a personal message.

And for some (which I see they have been taken car of) I don't receive any mail.

Allow me to do a test and report the first two posts. Maybe it sends mail only if action is taken, I don't know.

I was just curious, nothing more than that.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Richard

When I've ticked the notification option, the mods have dropped me a note to say what they've done. Ive never had that automated response.

I've stopped selecting it now, better to let the mods do their moderating rather than penning nice little notes to me!

Steven
Owner

Actually I didn't even know there was suck a tickbox :oops:

If you're interested, here is what it's like for us to handle a report. We have a list of all open reports per forum. We can open each one to see what message was logged and see the post that was reported.
We then can close the report, edit the post, remove the post, pm the user in no particular order. The system is also unaware of the relation between actions done by mods and the report (afaik).

In any case, I'd like to encourage everyone to use this functions, it helps us a hand, to say the least ;)