Splitting of F-Duct posts from Lotus E20 thread

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Huntresa

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

So are you gonna hand pick/move every comment and discussion about this system from this thread now?

Also when this thread gets a new page everyone will miss your comment and there for miss the entire discussion bout this system if they havent been here before.

MarkedOne8

mx_tifoso wrote:Hey everyone, to allow for normal discussion about this car's development all of the posts about the DDRS have been split off into a new thread. This now allows us to cover both topics without them hindering one another.

:arrow: Lotus E20 DDRS
If you hadn't noticed it yet, there were many many non-DDRS posts.

I really don't like your call.Ferrari and Red Bull have 4 times bigger amount of posts in their topix, and you are going to do nothing about it! =D>

Maybe it's easier to completely delete Lotus E20 topic.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Huntresa

mx_tifoso wrote:Hey everyone, to allow for normal discussion about this car's development all of the posts about the DDRS have been split off into a new thread. This now allows us to cover both topics without them hindering one another.

:arrow: Lotus E20 DDRS

You say cover both topics, if you keep going like this we would get "Ferrari FW" and "Mclaren RW". Threads about every part of the car individually.

MarkedOne8

I still can't believe that someone has made such a stupid decision!
You think that Lotus' only improvement is DDRS?
Maybe it's not even about DRS.
We were even talking about new nosecone, aka pelican, and that has nothing to do about DRS, too, but these posts are moved together with DDRS posts.

I am so pissed because of this.

Mr. Ferrari fan,
don't be jelaous and leave our topic alone.

I think that you, as a moderator / administrator, SHOULD NOT show to others for which team / driver you are cheering for.Send us some NEUTRAL administrators / moderators, or leave us alone completely.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

zyphro

MarkedOne8 wrote: I think that you, as a moderator / administrator, SHOULD NOT show to others for which team / driver you are cheering for.
I agree with this.

Huntresa

MarkedOne8 wrote:
I think that you, as a moderator / administrator, SHOULD NOT show to others for which team / driver you are cheering for.Send us some NEUTRAL administrators / moderators, or leave us alone completely.
2nd this!

wesley123

Splitting of F-Duct posts from Lotus E20 thread

MarkedOne8 wrote: I think that you, as a moderator / administrator, SHOULD NOT show to others for which team / driver you are cheering for.Send us some NEUTRAL administrators / moderators, or leave us alone completely.
Don't bother this, this has been going on since day 1 when Tomba mode some people mods. Pretty much everyone is complaining about unnecessary topic splits, merges, etc. etc. But the decision made is good because there are around 4 people who like it, compared to a 100 fold who don't.

Seriously don't bother it, we're getting the same over and over again where it is said it is kept because some are happy with it.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

QLDriver

Being a moderator on a large forum is an entirely thankless task. While you may disagree with the decision, blaming it on bias and making ad hominem attacks isn't really appropriate.

I'd be interested to see where we can find some moderators who aren't fans of one team or another, particularly given what they are paid!

bhall

Far be it from me to quell any rage against "the man" - or the machine, for that matter - but is it possible this is a bit much here? Novelty features are removed from the main threads all the time. It's annoying, yes. But, it's consistent, too.

Helmholtz exhaust, Red Bull engine maps, various Ferrari aero components, various Ferrari liveries...they're all divorced from any car threads. It is what it is.

Save the bitter discontent for when people are docked for having a sense of humor, because that, folks, is truly absurd.

That reminds me: Helen Keller walked into a bar. Then a chair. Then a table. Then a wall.

mx_tifoso

bhallg2k wrote:Far be it from me to quell any rage against "the man" - or the machine, for that matter - but is it possible this is a bit much here? Novelty features are removed from the main threads all the time. It's annoying, yes. But, it's consistent, too.

Helmholtz exhaust, Red Bull engine maps, various Ferrari aero components, various Ferrari liveries...they're all divorced from any car threads. It is what it is.

This is how it has been done, when a certain new topic within a thread starts to overwhelm it is split off. The way we see it is so that we can continue the normal development posts in car threads, as seen during GP weekends. But since the DDRS (or whatever name you prefer) had 32, I thought it would be best to give it its own thread, and seeing how someone had actually already done it on Saturday, I just merged them into that one.

And blaming it on Ferrari or Obama is completely baseless. Get a hold of yourself, as in my moderator actions I never show preference, and I can pinky swear on that. I did this to benefit the thread, period.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bhall

Still shoulda called it VD.

Coefficient

mx_tifoso wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:Far be it from me to quell any rage against "the man" - or the machine, for that matter - but is it possible this is a bit much here? Novelty features are removed from the main threads all the time. It's annoying, yes. But, it's consistent, too.

This is how it has been done, when a certain new topic within a thread starts to overwhelm it is split off. The way we see it is so that we can continue the normal development posts in car threads, as seen during GP weekends. But since the DDRS (or whatever name you prefer) had 32, I thought it would be best to give it its own thread, and seeing how someone had actually already done it on Saturday, I just merged them into that one.

And blaming it on Ferrari or Obama is completely baseless. Get a hold of yourself, as in my moderator actions I never show preference, and I can pinky swear on that. I did this to benefit the thread, period.

Please move this content to a Moderation Malcontent thread on grounds of Irrelevance. :lol:
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

aral

I enter this site to view actual technical details on a particular car. Instead I find a lot of "what ifs" and "Lotus should do that" comments . And then to cap it all, there are some who moan about the mods trying to steer the topic back on track.

I say, well done mods, the malcontents should restrict their comments to the actual topic, and then their irrelevant posts would not be moved.

Keep trucking, mods.

turbof1

IMO, what is the problem going to that new topic? It is only a few clicks away.
#AeroFrodo

issues4

MarkedOne8 wrote:I still can't believe that someone has made such a stupid decision!
You think that Lotus' only improvement is DDRS?
Maybe it's not even about DRS.
We were even talking about new nosecone, aka pelican, and that has nothing to do about DRS, too, but these posts are moved together with DDRS posts.
On British broadcaster Sky’s ’F1 Show’, television pundit Ted Kravitz explained that - unlike Mercedes’ pioneering device - the Lotus version is in fact not attached to the rear wing DRS.

He said Lotus actually calls it the "F-duct".

there...we can talk now..it is not a DDRS anymore..but infact a Fduct (told you so :twisted: )
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Lotu ... 46779.html