Submit your own projects!

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
wowf1
wowf1

How about we begin a section of the website with original articles from members, and original content that members of F1Technical have composed themselves? I'm in my first year at University and already I've had assignments on motorsport, mechanical devices and other assignments. I've also got 100's of original photos that I've taken myself of F1 cars etc. I would have no problem submitting them to Tomba or whoever was organising this section.

This way, there would be no copyright issues, and we might inspire people to carry out their own research in order to help others! Hopefully resulting in a snowball-effect of original articles.

In theory it's good...

rob

Steven
Owner

Well I think that's a very good idea.
In fact I already thought about that earlier on. I have mailed several people before to ask for their project when I knew they were working on something.

Also, the article here: http://www.f1technical.net/articles/59 is actually a thesis of someone of which I was allowed to write an article and publish it exclusively.

So, I would be glad to publish some of your projects. If possible even exclusively. I'll think about how to realise that... suggestions?

wowf1
wowf1

lol my post awarded with a new thread! :D

Well how about we have a separate section of the site, devoted to images and articles (they could be under one heading of 'original research & media') and then create pdf files of all the articles. Then as we get more and more articles, they can be grouped into sub-headings like 'F1 Aero', 'F1 Mechanical Systems', 'General Mechanical Devices'. The images could also be grouped according to their content.

Hopefully after we initially get members to donate, we could hound other websites and sources for rights to borrow their articles (how likely they are to agree i don't know, but we should try).

I think consistency is the key, websites with a mish-mash of information and random methods of presenting it aren't nice to use, and deter people. If we could have a nice interface which allows people to search for what they want, and locate articles logically, then we really could create a successful technical resource.

rob