acer & ranger banned

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

acer & ranger banned

Well, ranger was banned for some week already I think, but as of now acer is too.

Because of the number of complaints in PM I decided to ban him, as it caused aggravation and disruption of discussions.

For all of you, keep up the interesting posting ;)

ps: don't worry if some of you saw some posts of their being deleted, that is only to clean up some mess in threads, nothing personal.

Greetz,
Steven

Scuderia_Russ

For the best I think. :mrgreen:

Spencifer_Murphy

I think so too. I kept my mouth shut, but Ranger did agrivate me. Acer i believe didnt mean to anger anybody, he just failed so bother to readup on topics before posting a load of nonsence.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

vyselegend

I admit I did found his posts very annoying since the beginning, but recently I just thought maybe he's just an enthusiast child. I mean, we don't know the age of forum member, perhaps he was just an 8 year old or so, wich could explain the naive nature of his comments... Anyway this is allways sad that someone is banned from a friendly forum, but probably that was unavoidable...

Principessa

Well he started posting as Ranger when Tomba was away on ski trip. And I got a lot of PM's from other forum members, just as Manchild received them too, with complaints about Ranger. I have send Ranger 7 PM's to try and explain him some things and tell him about the complaints, what he was doing wrong according to the other forum members. But he never responded. Tomba came back and it only got worse! We had to spend so much time deleting topics he started that already were on the forum and trying to adapt some things that he wouldn't start a unfriendly discussion on the forum, but nothing worked. Tomba send a lot of PM's too, but no reaction and no change in attitude. Tomba and I deceided together that this couldn't last and we've banned him after warning him a lot of times! We just didn't want to see how Ranger destroyed the friendly atmosphere of our forum.
And as you all know saturday or so, Ranger got back under the name Acer. With the same useless posts, starting topics that were already there and insulting some of the members on our forum. I have received a lot of complaints via PM about Acer and again, Manchild and Tomba got them too!

We want to keep the good thing we've started here and don't want people like Ranger/Acer to destroy that! We both work a lot on the site and want to keep this friendly atmosphere for our fellow F1 enthusiasts! It's the first time we've banned somebody on the forum and we hope we don't have to do it again, but we've warned him a lot and he didn't changed his attitude!

The peace has returned and it's time for some more valuable posts from all of you here :wink:

Greetings
Iris
Last edited by Principessa on 16 Mar 2006, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

manchild
manchild

I was also restraining my self a bit because I wasn't sure if he is child or not even though I read on his site that he likes shooting pool so I reckon that if he is old enough to go to such places he isn't kid after all. Perhaps I'm wrong but even though I was annoyed by his posts sometimes I also occasionaly felt bad for "shouting" at him because as I said I wasn't sure if he is child or not.

BTW, I don't know why were people sending complaints PM to me when I'm not moderator :? but they surely did.

m3_lover

All I have to say Thank God he is gone
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

manchild wrote:BTW, I don't know why were people sending complaints PM to me when I'm not moderator :? but they surely did.
Because you are the champion :wink:

zac510
zac510

manchild wrote:BTW, I don't know why were people sending complaints PM to me when I'm not moderator :? but they surely did.
manchild, you were the first one to speak out about him in a forum post!

joseff

Simon Cowell would say that you have the "likeability factor"

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Without any exceptions, we are all Formula One fans, passionate and excited in a great sport. This wonderful sport brings us all together, from all over the world, literally the four corners of the globe.
This is a common thread, something that connects people from many different cultures and lands. Myself, I am happy, and actually honored to be part of a sub culture that embraces everyone, regardless of race, religion or color. The only thing that matters is our love for Formula One. This is a very positive thing in a world divided in so many ways, by so many forces, by so many different peoples.
We have the right to disagree, but we do not need to be nasty or fight.
We all share the same passion, and despite differences in drivers or teams, or race outcomes, please take this wonderful sport for what it is, a positive, binding influence that makes not only us as people better, but the world, in a very small way.

manchild
manchild

zac510 wrote:manchild, you were the first one to speak out about him in a forum post!
Yes but I was also under his fire from the start. He took my signature without being provoked, than after signing as acer he took my avatar.

If he lacks knowledge he could have said that he is young as many other members did but he never took such approach. I'm aslo learning things here every day as we all do I think.

Anyway, I wasn't the one who ever suggested that he should be banned becuase I think that he only needed change in his approach to forum.
For example, Tomba got PM from him where he asked Tomba to make him moderator so that he can deal with people on the forum who don't agree with him! :shock:

Tom

I think it was a good call.

There are other sites which will appreaciate him.

btw Manchild.

there are several people without whom this site could not run, let alone be the friendly sucessful enviroment it is.

You, Principessa, Tomba to name a few. All of you are invaluable.

Thanks for giving us this oppertunity to talk about the greatest sport on earth.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

I have only shared a giggle about Ranger/Acer with Manchild via P.M. and we were wondering his age. I sent him a P.M. yesterday asking his age and got this reply.

"Do you know how to say please?! 17"

Well, after reading on the forum that he had been banned I had no choice to reply to his lovely message via the email link in his last post.

Looks like we are going to miss quality threads like these...

acer: How much is the HP of that Honda?

bhallg2k: I think I read somewhere that the Honda V8 produces about 730 bhp.

acer: give me a break......Honda's engine is just 730 Hp .....d'oh

:lol:

Spencifer_Murphy

Tomba got PM from him where he asked Tomba to make him moderator so that he can deal with people on the forum who don't agree with him!
OMG! Could you imagine Ranger/Acer as a moderator? All hell would break loose.

Like I said before, I used to get agrivated by his posts but kept my mouth shut, like many others I didn't know if he was very young. But if what he told Scuderia_Russ is true, that his age is 17...thats actually quite shocking.

I mean, I'm 18, I've been posting here since I was 16, I think Tom said he is 16/17, and just look at the difference between the sort of posts that we have made as opposed to his. I'm left questioning whether he was ever totally serious about his contributions on this forum.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.