F1Technical 2016 update

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
flynfrog

Re: F1Technical 2016 update

Post by flynfrog » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Minor layout suggestion make the shaded areas a little bit darker its tough to see at least with my monitor.

PlatinumZealot

Post by PlatinumZealot » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:37 pm

Great work, Steven. Its good to see continuous improvement. I like how it looks on my smart phone but I am wishing for a dark background option. On my huuge desktop monitor my poor eyes cannot manage all this brightness at night. A dark background option would be great.

bhall II

Post by bhall II » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Now the top right login from "Active Topics" looks like this...

Steven
Owner

Post by Steven » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:56 pm

@flynfrog: which shaded areas?
@PlatinumZealot: a background color switch is on the todo list. First make everything work without hiccups though, so some patience will be needed
@turbof1: shall I remove the inbox icon from the header then? I doesn't really bother me though
@bhall: I'll check when I get home, didn't change anything yet

turbof1

Post by turbof1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Steven wrote:@flynfrog: which shaded areas?
@PlatinumZealot: a background color switch is on the todo list. First make everything work without hiccups though, so some patience will be needed
@turbof1: shall I remove the inbox icon from the header then? I doesn't really bother me though
@bhall: I'll check when I get home, didn't change anything yet
Yeah probably the right thing to do. It doesn't show up anyway in the mobile version, and you can access your inbox by other means which are still quite comfortable. The notification icon is a functionally and ergonomically such a good improvement, especially for us moderators. It'll speed up handling reports and approvals considerably. The inbox icon doesn't really bother me either, just that it is made redundant by the notification icon :P.

@Bhall: strange I'm trying to replicate your issue and I'm not getting it. I can't access your images right now, but can you tell which browser you use

Mark4211

Post by Mark4211 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:47 pm

The design looks sick! Kudos to the developer, and those who are involved in the dev process, really really great job!

bdr529

Post by bdr529 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:07 pm

bdr529 wrote:Thought I was on the wrong site at first ... Looks Great =D>
I noticed when someone is using a couple of quotes in a row, it is a little difficult to know which reply goes with which quote,
Is it possible to reduce the gap between the quote and ones reply,

flynfrog

Post by flynfrog » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:08 pm

The shading that separates the different posts. The light gray on white is hard to distinguish.

MrCelroy

Post by MrCelroy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Just wishful thinking but can you guys make the the gear on the logo move again?
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

dero

Post by dero » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:22 pm

This is a good time to say thanks for all the hard work that goes into a site like this.

cheer Stefan

Shrieker

Post by Shrieker » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:05 am

What stands out the most at first look to me is that the characters are less discernible, and the pages load slightly slower :( It was lightning quick, definitely was the fastest forum to me (and quite fittingly).

Maybe the character thing is my setup, dunno... But the letters were crispy clear in the previous version of the site...

Here is a screenshot: Do the letters look fuzzy and not very readable to you too ?
http://i.imgur.com/kd7deMl.jpg
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Morteza

Post by Morteza » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:49 am

MrCelroy wrote:Just wishful thinking but can you guys make the the gear on the logo move again?
I'd like to see that back too
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

djos

Post by djos » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:03 am

Shrieker wrote:What stands out the most at first look to me is that the characters are less discernible, and the pages load slightly slower :( It was lightning quick, definitely was the fastest forum to me (and quite fittingly).

Maybe the character thing is my setup, dunno... But the letters were crispy clear in the previous version of the site...

Here is a screenshot: Do the letters look fuzzy and not very readable to you too ?
http://i.imgur.com/kd7deMl.jpg" target="_blank
I'm not seeing that on Chrome on Windows or OSX.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:15 am

@Shrieker: Do you have your Browser zoomed in or out?

It doesn't look like that on my End.

Shrieker

Post by Shrieker » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:17 am

So hollus kindfully suggested that I upload a png screenshot and not a jpg. Here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/cjWAXEq.png" target="_blank

When i look at the screenshot and my browser window, i see nary a difference.

@Thunders,

No zoom on my browser setting.

@djos,

LOL i had a look at it on chrome, and voila. It is noticeably better. Here is a screenshot (png) from chrome:

http://i.imgur.com/oHLHGOJ.png" target="_blank" target="_blank

Can you guys see any difference ? It does look a lot different to me. The first pick in this post is from firefox, I have to say they've lately been screwing small things a little bit here and there lately...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk