F1technical v8 (20 december)

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

F1technical v8 (20 december)

Hi all,

I can finally confirm a date for the F1T update. I've been working on it for quite some time and in fact I still do. Having taken into consideration several of your remarks, the update will consist of a completely new layout, fixing of problems that you experienced and a long list of additional features.

I will install this update on 20 december, possibly extending to the 21st. During this time F1T will sometimes not be available but this will of course be limited to a minimum.

I'm sorry for the trouble this downtime may cause you, but I'm sure you will all enjoy the update ;)

Principessa

To make you all curious: the new site looks great! You will find a lot of new features on the site and I'm convinced that you will all love them :wink:

modbaraban
modbaraban

Great to hear!

I hope the reliability of the updated F1T will be better than of RB3 gearbox updates :lol:

tomislavp4

Cool, cant wait for it :wink: \:D/

Steven
Owner

Guys,

please keep in mind that big images in your signature are not allowed.
I have closed my eyes a bit for it but a maximum size will be enforced as of tomorrow ;)

Also, you might want to see to update your profile as there are some additional fields.

I'll try to list the new features when the update is done.

Ciro Pabón

What is the maximum size for a picture in signature? I reduced my "Seasons Greetings" picture to 113x113 pixels today, just in case.

What is the maximum size for pictures in threads? I mean, before the "Thumbnail, click to enlarge" feature kicks in? I know it's around 500 x 350 pixels, but I'm not sure.
Ciro

Steven
Owner

Ciro Pabón wrote:What is the maximum size for a picture in signature? I reduced my "Seasons Greetings" picture to 113x113 pixels today, just in case.

What is the maximum size for pictures in threads? I mean, before the "Thumbnail, click to enlarge" feature kicks in? I know it's around 500 x 350 pixels, but I'm not sure.
Well I was initially going to limit the height to 50px but I see that may be a bit too small after all. Any suggestions?

As for the maximum pic size.. the problem is that after tomorrow's update there won't be such a feature immediately. I am trying to work it out as fast as I can though. I think however that I cannot finish it before tomorrow morning. I'm sorry for that :(

manchild
manchild

Tomba wrote:Well I was initially going to limit the height to 50px but I see that may be a bit too small after all. Any suggestions?
Well, if main configuration of site is to work well in 1024x768 as default and still most common than width of 500 pixels. Perhaps it could be increased to one of default sizes like 640 which I tested and would fit perfectly.

I really think that 800 is too much since forum isn't shown on page separately but withing site with left navigation bar. 700 is max without stretching so perhaps it could be set so.

500x375 (current)
[IMG:500:375]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/738/new12ua7.jpg[/img]

640x480

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by manchild on 20 Dec 2007, 05:06, edited 8 times in total.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Tomba wrote:Well I was initially going to limit the height to 50px but I see that may be a bit too small after all. Any suggestions?
50px is okay... Ciro would have to cut down his X-mas tree to put it horizontally though :)
Tomba wrote:As for the maximum pic size.. the problem is that after tomorrow's update there won't be such a feature immediately.
... but it will be added later on, right? Most ppl would hate to stretched pages cos of large pics.
Also I'm a bit concerned about old posts with pictures. I hope they won't be screwed up.
Last edited by modbaraban on 20 Dec 2007, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Ciro Pabón

All right, 50 pixels it is. As for the size, 500 x 350 is OK with me. I was just asking. Good luck, don't complicate your life more than necessary, dear Tomba.
Ciro

Principessa

Re: F1T update coming on 20 dec

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, the new site is up! We hope you all like it! Of course there are still a few small problems/bugs but Tomba will solve them as soon as possible. If you might find something that doesn't work, you can always notify me or Tomba :wink:

Greetings,
Principessa

FLC
FLC

Congratulations!!!
Everything looks a lot better, especially the forum. Thank you.

pnagy
pnagy

I really like the way it looks and the extra features are great!!!!

nae
nae

good effort guys (and dolls)
looking slick (way ahead of there introduction :- )
..?

Belatti
Belatti

Cool Upgrade! Congrats!!!
=D>
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna