2021 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi, Sep 24 - 26

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi, Sep 24 - 26

basti313 wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 08:34
Andres125sx wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 07:58
TimW wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 14:16
Why is Bottas always so kind to Max?
Easy, he´s equally kind with any driver. He´s just one of the worst drivers in wheel to wheel battles on the grid, he really does not know how to defend #-o
Well, you can use the unability to overtake, Hungary or France as examples.
But here? Honestly? It was a fly by with DRS. No matter if he goes to the inside or the outside, nothing to win.
With staying on the outside he at least made Ver use his tires, if he would have tried to go to the inside the only thing that would have happend is Bottas outbreaking himself and Ver saying "thank you for opening".
Bottas doing more than he needed while Merc team behaving him in such a unfair/bad way. Ask yourself if you were, what would you do if team suddenly change your engine and send to you back of pack at a race your favorite track ? Wouldn't you want to learn what is wrong with the PU ? And what if you didn't satisfied with the answer ?
I find it disgusting to wait fair job when you behave like a --- to someone. It is worse than what they are doing to him.
But he is also not a good driver. :lol:

basti313
basti313

etusch wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 09:49
basti313 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Easy, he´s equally kind with any driver. He´s just one of the worst drivers in wheel to wheel battles on the grid, he really does not know how to defend #-o
But here? Honestly? It was a fly by with DRS. No matter if he goes to the inside or the outside, nothing to win.
With staying on the outside he at least made Ver use his tires, if he would have tried to go to the inside the only thing that would have happend is Bottas outbreaking himself and Ver saying "thank you for opening".
Bottas doing more than he needed while Merc team behaving him in such a unfair/bad way. Ask yourself if you were, what would you do if team suddenly change your engine and send to you back of pack at a race your favorite track ? Wouldn't you want to learn what is wrong with the PU ? And what if you didn't satisfied with the answer ?
I find it disgusting to wait fair job when you behave like a --- to someone. It is worse than what they are doing to him.
But he is also not a good driver. :lol:
He simply digged his own grave.
I am quite sure he is well aware what happened in Monza. While everyone else had issues with following, he was flying through the field. As mentioned in the Merc thread they turned his engine up like crazy for testing. That gave him a look of glory and a podium.
The only thing that is puzzling to me is that they did not turn it up like crazy once Ver showed up...maybe they wanted to play games and not be too fast. So for the overtake Ver vs. Bot I can only see the pit wall to be sleeping. As said, here I do not see a way to blame Bot.
Don`t russel the hamster!

TimW
TimW

basti313 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
TimW wrote:
It was no DRS fly by. They were in a 6 car DRS train, Bottas had DRS himself as well. Usually the drivers at the back of a DRS train are not able to overtake.

El Scorchio

TimW wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 11:41
basti313 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

It was no DRS fly by. They were in a 6 car DRS train, Bottas had DRS himself as well. Usually the drivers at the back of a DRS train are not able to overtake.
It was a far, far easier overtake than it should have been for a Red Bull on a Mercedes. Not the first time it's happened this season.

codetower

El Scorchio wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 13:09
TimW wrote:
basti313 wrote:

It was a far, far easier overtake than it should have been for a Red Bull on a Mercedes. Not the first time it's happened this season.
Or maybe he just doesn't give a (bleep) anymore...

El Scorchio

codetower wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 14:27
El Scorchio wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 13:09
TimW wrote:

Or maybe he just doesn't give a (bleep) anymore...
You could definitely make that claim based on that evidence!

PlatinumZealot

Exactly. Max didn't even pass Gasly as easily as he did Bottas.
I can't tell when was the last time I saw another car overtake a Mercedes on the same tyres after lap one.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Andres125sx

basti313 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
TimW wrote:
A fly by with DRS is when the car in front can´t activate DRS, but that was not the case, both had DRS activated, and also a huge slipstream as they were behind 3 more cars.

I´m sure Verstappen actually thought that, thank you for opening, as that´s exactly what Bottas did going to the outside (for turn 4) and leaving the door completely open. Turn 3 is not a turn, it´s flat out even on Inters (wet), so it´s turn 4 what counts here

When you drive the fastest car on the grid you should never leave any door open, none will pass you easily with the fastest car, at least if you close the door

ispano6

aral
aral

Less of the fanboy comments, (now removed) please. Try to stay on topic, which is Russian GP !

Shrieker

ispano6 wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 09:31
Valtteri, it's Max 😉
Am I the only one who finds this retarded ?

I mean, Valtteri wasn't hell bent on helping Lewis anyway. Max passing him at the first attempt is a recurring theme at this point. If they had some brains, they would've stayed away from a provocation like this.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

ispano6 wrote:
This seems a little silly. At the moment Bottas isn't exactly fighting hard against Max, he's doing exactly what Red Bull want him to. This might well provoke him - if I was Toto, I'd certainly be showing it to Bottas and emphasis that people are openly taking the piss out of him. How far does he want his star to fall?

Wouter

Shrieker wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 16:35
ispano6 wrote:
Valtteri, it's Max 😉
Am I the only one who finds this retarded ?

I mean, Valtteri wasn't hell bent on helping Lewis anyway. Max passing him at the first attempt is a recurring theme at this point. If they had some brains, they would've stayed away from a provocation like this.

Retarded?? Provocation?? Ever heard of the word "humour"? Don't you see the :wink: ? :)
The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

TimW wrote:
basti313 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

You are right, DRS fly by is maybe the wrong wording, but he was nearly alongside at the braking point. That was no dive bomb you can prevent.
And the braking of Ver was so much better...like Bot has no grip at all.

If you look on the onboard of Bot, you can see him hanging directly in the rear of the AT for nearly a lap, struggling and sliding in nearly every corner. Maybe this was the error, Ver had actually quite some distance to Bot in spots where he can not overtake. And we know how sensitive the Merc is on temps, maybe Bot cooked it in no time with being on the tail of Gasly and came to the DRS straight with much too hot tires giving him a bad exit and no grip on the brakes.
Don`t russel the hamster!

nacho
nacho

Red Bull are really rubbing it in, I wonder if next time Bottas will make it a bit harder...