2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

siskue2005 wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 12:33
Ryar wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 05:27
siskue2005 wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 20:27
If i was Masi, i would have resigned myself long ago, that would have saved some dignity integrity for himself.
Why? Because Hamilton fans wants him to? Any man with integrity would fight out when he believes he did nothing wrong, unless forces beyond his control throw him out without giving a fair trial. Resigning means two things. Guilty and/or caving into bullying.
What fair trail? :lol:
He is already thrown out, if you had seen the new fia heirachy chart.
If he believes what he did is right then thats not defined as integrity, thats incompetence.
99.99% of the f1 fanbase and f1 expert (except some max fans) agree what he did was not right and the fia acknowledges this, hence the investigation!
Hamilton indicated throughout the race that he did not agree with the tire strategy. Toto assumed Lewis would hold the lead until the end. That's why he didn't want a SC at the end. Masi made a decision and if Lewis had won the race, there would have been no problem, you wouldn't have heard from anyone about Masi doing something wrong.

99.99% agree?? Nonsense, mostly Lewis/Mercedes fans agree and they aren't 99.99% of the F1 followers.
The Power of Dreams!

_cerber1

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 13:40
Hamilton indicated throughout the race that he did not agree with the tire strategy. Toto assumed Lewis would hold the lead until the end. That's why he didn't want a SC at the end. Masi made a decision and if Lewis had won the race, there would have been no problem, you wouldn't have heard from anyone about Masi doing something wrong.
Do you remember what the race engineer said to Lewis when he asked about the tires?

Wouter

_cerber1 wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 13:43
Wouter wrote:
Do you remember what the race engineer said to Lewis when he asked about the tires?
No, tell me please. I don't know what you mean.
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

Wouter wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
Ryar wrote:
Why? Because Hamilton fans wants him to? Any man with integrity would fight out when he believes he did nothing wrong, unless forces beyond his control throw him out without giving a fair trial. Resigning means two things. Guilty and/or caving into bullying.
If he believes what he did is right then thats not defined as integrity, thats incompetence.
99.99% of the f1 fanbase and f1 expert (except some max fans) agree what he did was not right and the fia acknowledges this, hence the investigation!

99.99% agree?? Nonsense, mostly Lewis/Mercedes fans agree and they aren't 99.99% of the F1 followers.

I'd say it was the other way round, mostly the people who agree with the decision are Redbull/Max fans and they are not 99.99% of F1 followers.
Most F1 fans acknowledge that the rules were not correctly implemented.
and even those Redbull fans are lying to themselves if they think the end was implemented correctly and say otherwise, is to use your words Nonsense.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wouter wrote:
Masi made a decision and if Lewis had won the race, there would have been no problem, you wouldn't have heard from anyone about Masi doing something wrong.
It's not about who won. It's about Masi adlibbing the application of the rules in a way that no one could have planned for. If all cars had been unlapped, or no cars had been unlapped, as in the rules, then if Max had still won no one would have complained. The issue is simply with the way that Masi did the unlapping because it was contrary to the rules as written and as understood by every team up until that point in time.

If Mercedes had known that Masi would do what he did, they would have pitted Hamilton just as Red Bull pitted Max. And then we'd have had a ding-dong last lap with both on fresh tyres. Game on, may the best man win.

As it happened, Hamilton - who had basically won the race right up until Masi made up hiw own rules - didn't pit because no one - not even Red Bull - expected Masi to do what he did.

It's not the result that annoys people (not even Hamilton fans), it's Masi's "make it up as go along" methodology that annoys people. And that's not just Hamilton fans, please note, but lots of others too including other drivers.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Ryar wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 20:27
If i was Masi, i would have resigned myself long ago, that would have saved some dignity integrity for himself.
Nothing wrong? When he incorrectly implemented the rules that decided the WDC?
If he thinks he did nothing wrong, then he doubly needs to go as it only proves his thinking processes are dubious.

f1jcw
f1jcw

mclaren111 wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 13:04
siskue2005 wrote:
Ryar wrote:

Nonsense... I'm one of those who think he acted correctly at the time...
You think breaking the rules, that contridicted his own previous stated ruling, was acting correctly.
Sure, that says everything.

siskue2005

Wouter wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
Ryar wrote:
I beg to defer, it would have definitely talked about how masi was trying to cheat!
Lewis/mercedes fans only? Nonsense! Maybe delusional Redbull fans/lewis haters agree and they are just 0.01% who think Masi did absolutely the right thing.
I have die hard redbull famn freinds who know what happened was not right and didnot want to win this

siskue2005

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 13:58
Wouter wrote:
Masi made a decision and if Lewis had won the race, there would have been no problem, you wouldn't have heard from anyone about Masi doing something wrong.
It's not about who won. It's about Masi adlibbing the application of the rules in a way that no one could have planned for. If all cars had been unlapped, or no cars had been unlapped, as in the rules, then if Max had still won no one would have complained. The issue is simply with the way that Masi did the unlapping because it was contrary to the rules as written and as understood by every team up until that point in time.

If Mercedes had known that Masi would do what he did, they would have pitted Hamilton just as Red Bull pitted Max. And then we'd have had a ding-dong last lap with both on fresh tyres. Game on, may the best man win.

As it happened, Hamilton - who had basically won the race right up until Masi made up hiw own rules - didn't pit because no one - not even Red Bull - expected Masi to do what he did.

It's not the result that annoys people (not even Hamilton fans), it's Masi's "make it up as go along" methodology that annoys people. And that's not just Hamilton fans, please note, but lots of others too including other drivers.
There is no use in explaining everything.. some people dont want to know the truth, they just want to justify Max's championship... which they themself know was not the right way to win, hence finding justification like "the season is 22 races not 1 race" "silverstone crash" "bottas hungary crash" yada yada

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

siskue2005 wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 14:06
Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 13:58
Wouter wrote:

There is no use in explaining everything.. some people dont want to know the truth, they just want to justify Max's championship... which they themself know was not the right way to win, hence finding justification like "the season is 22 races not 1 race" "silverstone crash" "bottas hungary crash" yada yada
I'm quite happy that Max won. He won more races during the season, for example, and did have 1 more DNF than Lewis. I don't think him winning the title needs justifying to anyone by anyone. Just as I don't think Lewis's title need to be justified to anyone.

It's the farce of the last race that's the issue for many - including other F1 drivers. It just looked wrong in the eyes of the millions watching what had effectively been billed as the race of the decade. The end of the best season in many years, etc.. What we ended up with was acrimony and egg all over the FIA's face. It took attention away from what should have been, either way, a celebration for a driver winning his first or his eighth title. I felt a bit sorry for Max as a result because it did take some of the attention away from him. I don't suppose he'll care now, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear in a few years - perhaps after he's retired - that he felt a bit overshadowed by the controversy. The media weren't focussed on him but on the referee. That's not how sport is supposed to be. The moment the referee becomes the story, the sport has a problem.

AeroDynamic

Wait a minute, people from last year have gone from generally accepting FIA made race-control mistakes to trying to debate it? gotta be kidding me. :lol:

Wouter

f1jcw wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 13:57
Wouter wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

I'd say it was the other way round, mostly the people who agree with the decision are Redbull/Max fans and they are not 99.99% of F1 followers.
and even those Redbull fans are lying to themselves if they think the end was implemented correctly and say otherwise, is to use your words Nonsense.
The only thing that Masi should have done differently in my view is either unlap all drivers or not unlap any driver.
The Power of Dreams!

AeroDynamic

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 15:00
f1jcw wrote:
Wouter wrote:

The only thing that Masi should have done differently in my view is either unlap all drivers or not unlap any driver.
yeah

I think he should've left the cars un lapped, let them get out of the way via blue flags quickly with 1 lap left, and surely with that, Ham and Verstappen would've been side by side in one of the final sequence of Corners, and then it would've been a fairer genuine battle with respect to race distance and race situation that was in place (i.e. Hamilton having had to overtake back markers with old tyres, and Verstappen not). Who wins after a fair battle, I'm all for.

I still don't agree with free styling the rules in such a crucial part of the race. If it had been early through the race pre-tyre swap, I would've been all for shortcutting the inlap part of the safety car. what he did was erroneously misjudged, and neither Hamilton or Verstappen (whoever would've benefited) would NOT have deserved to take a championship that way. Both drivers did everything to earn a great title that year and this mess is unfair to both of them.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wouter wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Exactly so. All or none. That would have been according to the rules and no one could have called him out for it.

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
Wouter wrote:

And notify the teams what was going to happen. He could have had the same result but followed procedure.
I do not think it was intentional, but still a muff-up
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.