Red Bull RB18 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
godlameroso

Re: Red Bull RB18 Speculation Thread

Slo Poke wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 04:05
godlameroso wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 20:23
Slo Poke wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 17:45

My only excuse Rikhart is wishful thinking. Personally I consider the 2022 cars to be insanely ugly, illogical, dysfunctional and anything else you can think of, to throw at them! The fool things are nothing short of an insult to what formula one teams and their car designers have been producing for decades and on which rests the culminated excitement of last year’s racing. All of which is about to be basically binned because of one very stupid person’s ridiculously stupid effort to improve overtaking. If the car behind is having trouble maintaining front downforce improve the downforce of that car, for instance, all cars! Simply put the front wings behind the front wheels adjustabley mounted on carbon fibre box beams attached mid-way between the front wheels. That, to me would make sense. Aesthetically, less debris, concentrated air off the inside front wheel on turn-in, improved ground effect control and something to latch a VG on.
I’m sixty seven years old and silly toys fail to attract my interest.
To me the new cars are just a series of tubes.

Godlameroso My Friend. I can’t make my mind up! Am I to be delighted or offended by your post?
I tried to make a funny.
Saishū kōnā

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

DChemTech
DChemTech

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 14:26
That's some CSI level image sharpening there.

AMG.Tzan

I know I'm being rude and off-topic now but...

All those people getting these videos of the Red Bull what device do they use?? iPhone 3Gs or Samsung Galaxy S1?? :lol:

I'm starting to think that all of these videos are from Red Bull themselves and are deliberately so low quality! There's no way a 2020+ device could get such a low quality video...! Even a 350$ iPhone SE can capture 4K 60FPS videos...

If you are going to capture something so secret like the RB18 shakedown, then do it properly! :wink:

P.S. Sorry for being rude again... :P
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

marvin78
marvin78

AMG.Tzan wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 14:36
I know I'm being rude and off-topic now but...

All those people getting these videos of the Red Bull what device do they use?? iPhone 3Gs or Samsung Galaxy S1?? :lol:

I'm starting to think that all of these videos are from Red Bull themselves and are deliberately so low quality! There's no way a 2020+ device could get such a low quality video...! Even a 350$ iPhone SE can capture 4K 60FPS videos...

If you are going to capture something so secret like the RB18 shakedown, then do it properly! :wink:

P.S. Sorry for being rude again... :P
Smartphones from far away and filming or photographing fast moving stuff NEVER make good photos.

Professional photographers maybe pushed away by RedBull ;)

HPD

Exactly the problem must be that it zooms too much and the image is distorted.
Phones are only good at close range, sad..

That engine cover still looks weird.

godlameroso

They do have a blue shark nose, but yellow.
Saishū kōnā

geraldix
geraldix

The bull's tail is pretty evident on the sharkfin, and it seems connected to the RW? Could they be blowing it? Also, shark-like, high nose despite the new rules?

I'll call it the Red Bull Shark RB18 if true :lol:

NtsParadize
NtsParadize

godlameroso

Who needs a camo livery when you only have sasquatch quality photos?
Saishū kōnā

Pandamasque

It seems to have a raised nose kind of like the Dallara DW12. Either that or a Ferrari-like design with the downward curving nose tip blacked out.

Formula Wrong

marvin78 wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 14:38
Smartphones from far away and filming or photographing fast moving stuff NEVER make good photos.

They did obviously hire professionals for these shots; they used the same cameras as for bigfoot and UFOs! :P
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

DChemTech
DChemTech

Formula Wrong wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 15:50
marvin78 wrote:

They did obviously hire professionals for these shots; they used the same cameras as for bigfoot and UFOs! :P
This car will be making history... better hire history channel to make the shots!

HPD

Formula Wrong wrote:
marvin78 wrote:

hahaha this RB18 is a UFO, confirmed :lol:

Formula Wrong

HPD wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 16:22
Formula Wrong wrote:
hahaha this RB18 is a UFO, confirmed :lol:
"Cryptid car creature caught on tape, REAL FOOTAGE"
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver