European GP's to visit

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
chrisc90

European GP's to visit

Morning everyone.

Looking at doing a European F1 GP next year as always something me and the family have always wanted to do.

We've done Silverstone which is our home GP., however only did General Admission and stood/sat around Vale and I found it had a little bit limited view. Would have probably been better in a grandstand which has a bit elevation rather than trying to look through peoples heads.

What tracks in Europe would people recommend?

Ideally:-
1. Want to be able to have a good view of the track which probably is key as you get to see more.
2. Weather is always a bonus, although not critical.
3. Cost isnt really too big of a issue either way.
4. Ideally, part of a travel package inc flights and hotel with travel to the circuit each day. Ive seen Gulliver's do these sorts of packages. Has anyone used them and any thoughts or further recommendations on a 'package deal'.
5. A big screen close by to see whats going on elsewhere. Understand most main grandstand areas probably have these by now.

I did have a look at some of the grand stand views from F1 videos online on YouTube to get a bit of a insight into whats where.

Red Bull Ring in the RB Grandstand after the first corner looks to have an amazing view.

Any thoughts or places to look at?

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Re: European GP's to visit

Hungary.

You can get amazing views from general admission areas as the track sits in a geographic 'bowl'. I stood near the apex of turn 14, and that provided a view down the pit straight, turns 12, 13 and 14, as well as looking up the short straight from turn 11 to turn 12. You can get a few glimpses of the far end of the circuit (T5/T6/T7) as well.

The racing can be processional, although the hybrid era has thrown up some good races, particularly if the weather proves inclement.

Aside from that, the weather is usually reliably warm, Budapest is an amazing city to visit, and everything is slightly more economical, although that depends on your personal preferences.

rscsr

Re: European GP's to visit

Fulcrum wrote:
28 May 2022, 12:12
Hungary.

You can get amazing views from general admission areas as the track sits in a geographic 'bowl'. I stood near the apex of turn 14, and that provided a view down the pit straight, turns 12, 13 and 14, as well as looking up the short straight from turn 11 to turn 12. You can get a few glimpses of the far end of the circuit (T5/T6/T7) as well.

The racing can be processional, although the hybrid era has thrown up some good races, particularly if the weather proves inclement.

Aside from that, the weather is usually reliably warm, Budapest is an amazing city to visit, and everything is slightly more economical, although that depends on your personal preferences.
I second Hungary. Really great view, though no a whole lot of passing.

Another good choice would be Austria imho. You can see quite a lot of the track from almost all grandstands.