Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zokipirlo
zokipirlo

Re: Ferrari F1-75

They must take new engines on tracks where overtaking is possible or they are stupid as f*** as they can't afford any DNF more. Even with start from behind they will be easy 3-4, speed difference to other is too big. So Austria, Monza are good tracks to take new PUs because Red Bull will be unbeatable there without problems. In Canada they need also new PU because they can't match RB speed there. And overtaking is not that hard on two drs zones. With new PU they are favorites for GB, France, Hungary.
Currently for remaining tracks looks to me like that:
RB tracks: Canada, Austria, (SPA?), Italy, (USA?), Mexico
Ferrari tracks: GB, France, Hungary, (SPA?), Netherlands, Singapore, Japan, (USA?), Brazil, Abu Dhabi
So something between 4-6 vs 8-10, nothing is lost yet. They just need to stop risking with new specifications until they test them in Alfa and Haas.

S D

zokipirlo wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 14:03
They must take new engines on tracks where overtaking is possible or they are stupid as f*** as they can't afford any DNF more. Even with start from behind they will be easy 3-4, speed difference to other is too big. So Austria, Monza are good tracks to take new PUs because Red Bull will be unbeatable there without problems. In Canada they need also new PU because they can't match RB speed there. And overtaking is not that hard on two drs zones. With new PU they are favorites for GB, France, Hungary.
Currently for remaining tracks looks to me like that:
RB tracks: Canada, Austria, (SPA?), Italy, (USA?), Mexico
Ferrari tracks: GB, France, Hungary, (SPA?), Netherlands, Singapore, Japan, (USA?), Brazil, Abu Dhabi
So something between 4-6 vs 8-10, nothing is lost yet. They just need to stop risking with new specifications until they test them in Alfa and Haas.
I'm sure that Alfa and Haas might have issues with this.

ferkan
ferkan

Alonsismo wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 11:14
its very interesting how the engine reliability es very bad since miami update for Leclerc.

sainz got other reliabilty problems, but not engine problems and he dont have the engine upgrade
But he has.

falonso81

ferkan wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 16:39
Alonsismo wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 11:14
its very interesting how the engine reliability es very bad since miami update for Leclerc.

sainz got other reliabilty problems, but not engine problems and he dont have the engine upgrade
But he has.
I believe Sainz has PU2 but not a fully upgraded PU2 as it wasn't ready for Imola GP. Charles had the fully upgraded PU2 that was originally scheduled to be introduced at Barcelona but was rushed a bit for Miami.

tpe
tpe

In my eyes, it doesn't make any sense. You start from the pits with fresh engine, gearbox, es, ce, t's, mgu-{k,h}.
Yoy take the penalty in one race and then you have 3 items of each in your pool.

But this is me.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Has there been any talk about whether the porpoising is causing any of the engine troubles for Ferrari?

codetower

The problem is that you can't just introduce the same engine if it has a fundamental flaw that needs to be fixed. They may just have to stick with the first engine, throw on one of the used turbos (hopefully they can still salvage the 3rd one), and hopefully they can get through Canada. They'll have till July to get any reliability fixes in... assuming it's something minor. I'm not sure how feasible this is, though. But they will have to take their hits down the road.

Thankfully, the F1-75 is still one of the fastest on the grid... when not blowing up. Leclerc could start from the pits and still score a top 5 finish fairly easily on some circuits. And with a little luck, even a podium is possible from the pits.

Big Tea

codetower wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 00:10
The problem is that you can't just introduce the same engine if it has a fundamental flaw that needs to be fixed. They may just have to stick with the first engine, throw on one of the used turbos (hopefully they can still salvage the 3rd one), and hopefully they can get through Canada. They'll have till July to get any reliability fixes in... assuming it's something minor. I'm not sure how feasible this is, though. But they will have to take their hits down the road.

Thankfully, the F1-75 is still one of the fastest on the grid... when not blowing up. Leclerc could start from the pits and still score a top 5 finish fairly easily on some circuits. And with a little luck, even a podium is possible from the pits.
If it was a temperature (and/or air density) problem it is possible it will not happen again before a 'fix' is in place.
I suppose it depends if the problem is associated to that of previous blow-ups or not.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

hollus

Guys, all this talk about the PU failure, future PU utilization... is in the wrong thread. There are team threads and PU threads for that.
I won't move the posts at this point, it would just break both discussions, but please, if things ultimately revolve about will they win or will they lose... not in the car thread, thanks.
Rivals, not enemies.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

bonjon1979 wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 22:58
Has there been any talk about whether the porpoising is causing any of the engine troubles for Ferrari?
Sainz said that his car suffered from more porpoising than Leclercs. If I had to guess, the porpoising caused the hydraulics failure.

Sevach
Sevach

nico5

That's Leclerc's car and it's engine oil, not hydraulic fluid. From the onboard, you could already see it spilling oil on the ground in the pitlane near the FIA weighbridge, then for some reason team staff pushed the car back and outside the pitlane grounds instead of forward into the garage. So yeah, that's where it was left til after the race.

organic

nico5 wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 10:15
Sevach wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 07:31
keroro.90 wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 17:55

Should be Sainz car
A hydraulics leak would fit given what Ferrari said.
That's Leclerc's car and it's engine oil, not hydraulic fluid. From the onboard, you could already see it spilling oil on the ground in the pitlane near the FIA weighbridge, then for some reason team staff pushed the car back and outside the pitlane grounds instead of forward into the garage. So yeah, that's where it was left til after the race.
Sam Collins said it was Sainz's car in this video:

Obviously he's not the most reliable in the world, but he was in the pitlane and probably kept tabs on what was going on.

nico5

organic wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 12:15
nico5 wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 10:15
Sevach wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 07:31

A hydraulics leak would fit given what Ferrari said.
Sam Collins said it was Sainz's car in this video:

https://youtu.be/eYyBotwkSLI

Obviously he's not the most reliable in the world, but he was in the pitlane and probably kept tabs on what was going on.
Yeah no, I like him too but he probably just assumed it was Sainz's since it was covered and parked not far away from T4 where Sainz's was.
This is the car in the pitlane with oil marks:
And this is afterwards near the BMW with the parc ferme area in sight. You can see the mechanic carrying the red cover for the car:
That is to say that Sainz's was either an hydraulic issue or something with the gearbox, which was my thought from the noise it made as he stopped. Nothing to do with engine tho.