2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Is flex floor used by alpine? will it affect alpine. I read scuderiafans.com that 6 teams opposing. Shall we know the banding flex floor will give boost to Alpine?

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

If you put Piastri as Alonso's teammate, Alonso will destroy him like Vandoorne

JPower
JPower

Alonsismo wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 13:56
They’ll never be paired up but even if they were it wouldn’t matter how bad Alonso beat him. Piastri is the future of Alpine. He will outlast Alonso.

diffuser

JordanMugen wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 07:06
diffuser wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 05:34
They have a choice. They can release him out right. Let him find his own seat.
They can certainly do that. It's not a good option if they actually want Piastri to drive for Alpine though. :)

With this option if Piastri impresses for Williams, he could be poached by AlphaTauri into the Red Bull junior program, McLaren or HAAS into the Ferrari junior program or whoever and it would rather make the Alpine junior program seem a waste of time and money for the sportscar maker.

If rookie F3 and F2 champion titles are not enough to be considered worthy of promotion in the Alpine junior program than what is? :wtf:
Still no guarantee that he isn't a dud. The odds are long that he has the ability of a Max or Charles. Let's not forget that if has Mich Schumacher debut to F1, the previous F2 Champ, it will cost Alpine millions.

diffuser

JPower wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 14:09
Alonsismo wrote:
They’ll never be paired up but even if they were it wouldn’t matter how bad Alonso beat him. Piastri is the future of Alpine. He will outlast Alonso.
Funny thing is Piastri is the future for Alpine till he isn't. You don't have to look any further than my other fav team McLaren. Took 6 months for Daniel to go from hero to zero. Now 1.5 years into it, the knives are out in McLaren Fan base and they're looking for blood. What most McLaren fans viewed as a dream 3 years or longer, has turned into a straightjacket!

The F2 champions list that failed to do anything remarkable in F1 is very long. The list of F1 Champions that are still kicking thier team mate's @ss in quali at the ripe age of 40 is very short.

JPower
JPower

diffuser wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 16:28
JPower wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
Funny thing is Piastri is the future for Alpine till he isn't. You don't have to look any further than my other fav team McLaren. Took 6 months for Daniel to go from hero to zero. Now 1.5 years into it, the knives are out in McLaren Fan base and they're looking for blood. What most McLaren fans viewed as a dream 3 years or longer, has turned into a straightjacket!

The F2 champions list that failed to do anything remarkable in F1 is very long. The list of F1 Champions that are still kicking thier team mate's @ss in quali at the ripe age of 40 is very short.
Really doesn't matter how Alonso is performing now, that really doesn't change my point. He's not the future of Alpine's racing plan. I think that's pretty obvious. When I mean future, I mean 2-3 years out.

diffuser

JPower wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 16:56
diffuser wrote:
JPower wrote:

Really doesn't matter how Alonso is performing now, that really doesn't change my point. He's not the future of Alpine's racing plan. I think that's pretty obvious. When I mean future, I mean 2-3 years out.
EXACTLY Alonso might still be racing in F1 and Piastry in the formula-e, Alonso has said he wants atleast another 2 or 3 years and is looking for a 2 years min contract..

JPower
JPower

diffuser wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 17:31
JPower wrote:
diffuser wrote:

EXACTLY Alonso might still be racing in F1 and Piastry in the formula-e, Alonso has said he wants atleast another 2 or 3 years and is looking for a 2 years min contract..
Well I guess that's up to Alpine. There's no way I'm signing a 40 year old driver to anything more than a 1+1 contract no matter how good he is at the current moment.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

JPower wrote:
diffuser wrote:
JPower wrote:

Alonso is the only one driver that can win the WDC with Alpine.
Alonso is the best driver of the grid, and only Fernando and Max can win a championship without the best car.

Fernando will have this extreme level for at least 4-5 years, so Alpine dont need other driver

JPower
JPower

Alonsismo wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 21:50
JPower wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Alonso is the only one driver that can win the WDC with Alpine.
Alonso is the best driver of the grid, and only Fernando and Max can win a championship without the best car.

Fernando will have this extreme level for at least 4-5 years, so Alpine dont need other driver
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wasn't expecting a stand up comedy routine on an F1 forum but it looks like I was in for a surprise.

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
diffuser wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 14:52
Still no guarantee that he isn't a dud. The odds are long that he has the ability of a Max or Charles. Let's not forget that if has Mich Schumacher debut to F1, the previous F2 Champ, it will cost Alpine millions.
diffuser wrote:
Wow, Piastri sounds like a total hack only fit for Formula E: what a terrible driver. On that basis, it would certainly seem preferable to keep Alonso and fire (or "release") Piastri. :wink:

It seems that Piastri shouldn't have even bothered racing in the Alpine junior academy as he is just not good enough for Formula One, just a B-grade driver. :oops:

...Notwithstanding that Alonso didn't even win International Formula 3000 (Formula 2), he only got 4th place in his rookie season but that was good enough to debut in F1 but Piastri isn't good enough to debut in F1 despite having a better result in his rookie F2 season than Alonso. :wtf:

Meanwhile, in complete contradiction to the above, Alpine team principal Szafnauer says Piastri is ready for Formula One as an Alpine driver:
Oscar already has potential for Formula 1. We haven't made a decision on the second driver yet, but I have no doubt that Piastri is ready.
Alonsismo wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 14:00
Otmar have to go out of the team.
he is very toxic
Apparently it's toxic to promote a successful junior driver, a junior driver even more successful than Fernando Alonso himself at the same point. :wtf:

It's not like Alonso would be "fired", he doesn't have a contract for 2023 in the first place. Alpine made a two year commitment to Alonso and they saw it out, and now it's time to put a promising junior driver in the vacant car (Ocon is contracted to the other car): it's all pretty straight-forward and non-toxic.

diffuser

JordanMugen wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 23:15
diffuser wrote:
diffuser wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 14:52
diffuser wrote:
Wow, Piastri sounds like a total hack only fit for Formula E: what a terrible driver. On that basis, it would certainly seem preferable to keep Alonso and fire (or "release") Piastri. :wink:

It seems that Piastri shouldn't have even bothered racing in the Alpine junior academy as he is just not good enough for Formula One, just a B-grade driver. :oops:

...Notwithstanding that Alonso didn't even win International Formula 3000 (Formula 2), he only got 4th place in his rookie season but that was good enough to debut in F1 but Piastri isn't good enough to debut in F1 despite having a better result in his rookie F2 season than Alonso. :wtf:

Meanwhile, in complete contradiction to the above, Alpine team principal Szafnauer says Piastri is ready for Formula One as an Alpine driver:
Oscar already has potential for Formula 1. We haven't made a decision on the second driver yet, but I have no doubt that Piastri is ready.
Alonsismo wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 14:00
Otmar have to go out of the team.
he is very toxic
Apparently it's toxic to promote a successful junior driver, a junior driver even more successful than Fernando Alonso himself at the same point. :wtf:

It's not like Alonso would be "fired", he doesn't have a contract for 2023 in the first place. Alpine made a two year commitment to Alonso and they saw it out, and now it's time to put a promising junior driver in the vacant car (Ocon is contracted to the other car): it's all pretty straight-forward and non-toxic.
It all depends on weather Alpine considers itself in the Merc category or in the Williams category. If they're shooting to compete with "Mercs", then Pilastri belongs on a William's or SAT like team so his skills can be assessed and honed out of the limelight somewhat. Like Russell, Max, Charles, Saintz, Albon, Vettel, Alonzo, Ocon, Perez and Ricciardo did.

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 04:02
It all depends on weather Alpine considers itself in the Merc category or in the Williams category. If they're shooting to compete with "Mercs", then Pilastri belongs on a William's or SAT like team so his skills can be assessed and honed out of the limelight somewhat. Like Russell, Max, Charles, Saintz, Albon, Vettel, Alonzo, Ocon, Perez and Ricciardo did.
That would be ideal but it is not necessarily possible, so Piastri may have to debut for Alpine directly like Norris at McLaren. A direct Alpine debut for Piastri seems a very sensible option -- if Piastri is quick and consistent, which is likely the case, Alpine don't lose anything... They prepare their junior driver and save money compared to expensive veteran drivers. :)

The Norris debut at McLaren (coincidentally also in place of a departing Alonso) went quite well after all, and likely Piastri's debut will also go well for Alpine. It doesn't seem that McLaren would have gained anything by placing Norris at Williams for two or three seasons.

continuum16

On the Alonso/Piastri debate:
Given that the team is in year 7 of the original 5-year plan and year 2 of the second 5-year plan to win the championship, I'm not exactly brimming with confidence.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

now we have the 4th fastest car on racepace and the 3rd/4th fastest (almost tied with merc) on qualy pace.

Alpine can step up to the top for the next season.
not with a dominant car, but with a 4 teams battle for the championsip.

Alpine can create a 2012 lotus for the next year, and with this car, Fernando can win the championship.