2022 São Paulo Grand Prix - Interlagos, Nov 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mzso
mzso

Re: 2022 São Paulo Grand Prix - Interlagos, Nov 11 - 13

So FIA's genius this race:
  • Hamilton causing a collision with a dirty move, Verstappen getting penalty
  • Failing to let Tsunoda go, so he lost a lap to drivers behind him...
Also, in other highlights Verstappen is more of a d*ck than people thought, and Leclerc begging was a tad pitiful.

mzivtins
mzivtins

If we could know Max's reasons we might agree with him, it serves no one if we don't know, it sounds incredibly toxic on the face of it, but I'd hate to call him out and then back track hearing the reasons then agreeing with him lol.

All I can say is that they have always said about how they have a great relationship, so the reasons must be very bug to maybe jeoperdise that?

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

I have had no doubt George has the speed. It just goes to show that you see these guys literally growing up as human beings whilst driving on the ragged edge. They’re human and it’s a pressure cooker.

I’m just delighted that the next few years we are going to have some classic F1 seasons.

Justthatek
Justthatek

MadMax wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:10
littlebigcat wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:08
Yeah, I imagine that call to let Checo back through will have originated from Christian.

Maybe Christian should have been on the radio to re-assert GP.
Will have come from the top. Max's race engineer would have been thinking only about Max's race and wouldn't have tried to do team strategy like that. Will Horner tear a strip off Max? Will Max listen?
Horner will probably apologise to Max for suggesting the call ;)

chrisc90

MadMax wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:12
chrisc90 wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:08
Yeah, I imagine that call to let Checo back through will have originated from Christian.

Will have come from the top. Max's race engineer would have been thinking only about Max's race and wouldn't have tried to do team strategy like that. Will Horner tear a strip off Max? Will Max listen?
Max is just the driver at the end of the day. Its Christian's/Marko's team. Its effectively disobeying your boss.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

mzso wrote:
Also, in other highlights Verstappen is more of a d*ck than people thought, and Leclerc begging was a tad pitiful.
A dirty move by your own rulebook right?

MadMax
MadMax

AR3-GP wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:09
But let’s focus on 1st time race winner Georgie boy! Congrats to everyone in the Merc camp. As a Neutral this HAS to be good news for the state of F1. Delighted for George. Great to see the emotion
I'll admit, I thought Hamilton would eat George alive after the safety car. George has a steely nerve. No mistakes. They were saying he was so calm on the radio. He needs more drives like this though to really win people over.
George had the higher downforce set up, apparently, which is why he was able to gap Lewis in S2 and stay out of DRS range. Even without DRS, Lewis closed him down by a quarter of a second lap after lap in S1 and S3. S2 just kept him ahead. Great drive by George. Great drive by Lewis to fight back up to P2 again after the initial drop caused by Max.

chrisc90

Tvetovnato wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:14
mzso wrote:
A dirty move by your own rulebook right?
Dont really want to bring it back up but the screenshots show Lewis left no room for Max. It was a racing incident. Didnt deserve a penalty however.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

mzivtins wrote:
If we could know Max's reasons we might agree with him, it serves no one if we don't know, it sounds incredibly toxic on the face of it, but I'd hate to call him out and then back track hearing the reasons then agreeing with him lol.

All I can say is that they have always said about how they have a great relationship, so the reasons must be very bug to maybe jeoperdise that?
I can’t but agree with you. It was also PER that parked the car in Monaco and didn’t go unnoticed. There is a level of selfishness that any F1 driver needs to have in this cut throat sport. Saying that though, for the long game whatever reasons he may have, it wasn’t the most clever thing to do. And I’ll always stand by it. Then again I’m no top level sportsman. Just don’t have the ruthlessness in me

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Marko should relegate Verstappen to AT for the last race.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

What was the explanation for the Tsunoda unlapping catastrophe?

MadMax
MadMax

chrisc90 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:13
MadMax wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Max is just the driver at the end of the day. Its Christian's/Marko's team. Its effectively disobeying your boss.
Exactly. But will Max care? Horner has set him on a pedestal and Max rather likes the view from up there.

Spacepace

MadMax wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:14
AR3-GP wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:09
But let’s focus on 1st time race winner Georgie boy! Congrats to everyone in the Merc camp. As a Neutral this HAS to be good news for the state of F1. Delighted for George. Great to see the emotion
I'll admit, I thought Hamilton would eat George alive after the safety car. George has a steely nerve. No mistakes. They were saying he was so calm on the radio. He needs more drives like this though to really win people over.
George had the higher downforce set up, apparently, which is why he was able to gap Lewis in S2 and stay out of DRS range. Even without DRS, Lewis closed him down by a quarter of a second lap after lap in S1 and S3. S2 just kept him ahead. Great drive by George. Great drive by Lewis to fight back up to P2 again after the initial drop caused by Max.
Hamilton was gaining that 2 tenths on main straight!

chrisc90

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:15
mzivtins wrote:

I can’t but agree with you. It was also PER that parked the car in Monaco and didn’t go unnoticed. There is a level of selfishness that any F1 driver needs to have in this cut throat sport. Saying that though, for the long game whatever reasons he may have, it wasn’t the most clever thing to do. And I’ll always stand by it. Then again I’m no top level sportsman. Just don’t have the ruthlessness in me
Its one thing being ruthless when your competing with others for the championship, but there was literally nothing to gain for Max in this scenario.

I really do feel for Checo.

djones
djones

littlebigcat wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:15
Marko should relegate Verstappen to AT for the last race.
You think anyone in Redbull, let alone Marko will say a single bad word to their golden boy? Not a chance.