2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

RedNEO wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 08:26
AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 19:47
diffuser wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 17:11
Took him long enough ! "Szafnauer's clear statement: "That won't happen again. From now on we'll decide who can attack whom."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... rk-rennen/
That's because they know they need to shut-down the nonsense that Ocon and Gasly will do next year before it even begins. It's far too late for this to be relevant to Ocon-Alonso.
Yeah they were fine with it when Ocon was putting Alonso into a wall all year but now with one race to go they suddenly realise this could be a bigger headache for them next year.. typical stuff lol
Officially, Otmar said that after the sprint race, before the actual Brazil race. It came out of what happened in the sprint race and the risk it put on 4th in the constructors. We have no confirmation that he'll keep doing it next year.

To me it makes absolute sense to do that and put drivers on different strategies, when possible, for the races.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:38
RedNEO wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 19:47

That's because they know they need to shut-down the nonsense that Ocon and Gasly will do next year before it even begins. It's far too late for this to be relevant to Ocon-Alonso.
Yeah they were fine with it when Ocon was putting Alonso into a wall all year but now with one race to go they suddenly realise this could be a bigger headache for them next year.. typical stuff lol
Officially, Otmar said that after the sprint race, before the actual Brazil race. It came out of what happened in the sprint race and the risk it put on 4th in the constructors. We have no confirmation that he'll keep doing it next year.

To me it makes absolute sense to do that and put drivers on different strategies, when possible, for the races.

Alonso put himself on that strat despite Alpine thinking it was slower, that’s why they kept ocon on what they thought was the faster one.. even Otmar admitted after the race. ALO gave himself that chance to not get a repeat of the sprint of being faster but on the same strat.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:49
diffuser wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:38
RedNEO wrote:

Alonso put himself on that strat despite Alpine thinking it was slower, that’s why they kept ocon on what they thought was the faster one.. even Otmar admitted after the race. ALO gave himself that chance to not get a repeat of the sprint of being faster but on the same strat.
The strategy was setup before the race. I followed Alonso the whole race onboard with him. He asked several times what was the pit strategy? First answer was target1. After the first VSC/safety car the answer was "target1+5". Later the answer was target2+5. After the last VSC the engineer said " box this lap" to which Alonso replied "copy box".

diffuser

Looks like Alpine fired the lawyer responsible for the Piastri contract.

https://formula1news.co.uk/alpine-sack- ... r-scandal/

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

diffuser wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 21:21

Wasn't the issue that she didn't have enough manpower/resources to manage things? Seems like scapegoating instead of addressing the problem imo :?

skoop
skoop

CaribouBread wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 07:33
diffuser wrote:

Wasn't the issue that she didn't have enough manpower/resources to manage things? Seems like scapegoating instead of addressing the problem imo :?
I guess the word scapegoat describes very well what happened and why she was let go / fired

Big Tea

I can see the reason for it, drawing a line under 'old management/new management' and we go on from here.
Is it fair, probably not, we dont know but it happens. I just hope she had a reasonable settlement, and no doubt other job offers are in the pipeline because of what/who she knows.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

skoop wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 14:31
CaribouBread wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 07:33
diffuser wrote:

I guess the word scapegoat describes very well what happened and why she was let go / fired
They really did it on the down low. This journalist really had to dig to find this. If they really wanted a scapegoat, they wouldn't have waited so long to do it and would have done it with more fan fare.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

shall I know what happen to Alonso in Q2?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

selvam_e2002 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 17:57
shall I know what happen to Alonso in Q2?
Nothing to read into. Lap just wasn't good enough.

search

he was lucky to make it out of Q1. Just didn't get his laps together today.

diffuser

He'll still start 10th, Ricciardo 3 place drop. He seems happy with the car. Probably setup for the race. We'll see.
There was less than 1 tenth between Ricciardo, Alonso and Ocon. Add another tenth and you've added vettel, Russell and Norris.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I’m so shocked.

Bisonas

Oh boy. We are gonna hear stories about this in the near future.
That was Rossi 's and Otmar's payback for all the bad press and how ridicule Alonso made them look, from summer and then onwards.

Out of nowhere they retired the car. Alonso hadn't report anything strange. He was shocked also, like "What ?? Pit ?? ok !!" Then he jumped out of the car in a hurry.

Just watch the onboard from Alonso's car after they bring it in, and Alonso's gets out. There is a mechanic standing in front of it, standing still, like he is finding it hard to believe what is going on. Then he looks a fellow mechanic, He points to the car briefly ,and smiles with the most ironic smile you could imagine, like telling to to the fellow engineer, "i don't know wtf just happened mate!!"

Just go and watch it.

I am not gonna believe anything that comes out of Rossi's and Otmar's mouth about this. if they blame some weird readings on telemetry, engine etc, i am not going to believe anything.

That mechanic's ironic smile at the last seconds of Alonso's Onboard said it all for me.

diffuser

Bisonas wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 16:11
Oh boy. We are gonna hear stories about this in the near future.
That was Rossi 's and Otmar's payback for all the bad press and how ridicule Alonso made them look, from summer and then onwards.

Out of nowhere they retired the car. Alonso hadn't report anything strange. He was shocked also, like "What ?? Pit ?? ok !!" Then he jumped out of the car in a hurry.

Just watch the onboard from Alonso's car after they bring it in, and Alonso's gets out. There is a mechanic standing in front of it, standing still, like he is finding it hard to believe what is going on. Then he looks a fellow mechanic, He points to the car briefly ,and smiles with the most ironic smile you could imagine, like telling to to the fellow engineer, "i don't know wtf just happened mate!!"

Just go and watch it.

I am not gonna believe anything that comes out of Rossi's and Otmar's mouth about this. if they blame some weird readings on telemetry, engine etc, i am not going to believe anything.

That mechanic's ironic smile at the last seconds of Alonso's Onboard said it all for me.
Dude, if they were going to retire Alonso on purpose, they wouldn't do it that early in the race. They wouldn't risk losing 4th in the constructors. There were far too many laps left in the race to risk Ocon having an accident or a DNF for whatever other reasons. Stop with the conspiracy theories.
Last edited by diffuser on 20 Nov 2022, 16:58, edited 4 times in total.