2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mendis
mendis
19
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:12 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

dialtone wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 am
Luscion wrote:
mendis wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:43 am
Most of that is hearsay. Lewis wanted to stay, Mercedes not offering brand ambassador role etc. Nobody knows what Ferrari has offered! Like everything else, that's also speculation. The only facts are Lewis leaving Mercedes while he had 1+1 contract and joining Ferrari for 2025 (terms and details unknown).
theres a reason i said they're reports and specifically mention IF they are true, in the same vein as claiming it as fact that Lewis left because he wasnt loyal and this is all ego-driven
It’s not a fact, it’s your opinion. Calling someone disloyal after the longest stint of any driver for the same team in history seems excessive, especially when he brought so many championships to said team, wouldn’t you say?
He left McLaren as he couldn't win a title and now he left Mercedes as he doesn't think he can win a title there again (my opinion)! This team gave the tools to achieve success. Literally, there was no other team that could have won a title for 5 out of 7 seasons. Such was the dominance of the cars. If it was not him in the team, Nico could have won at least 5 of them as he would be unchallenged by any team. So I don't know if "he brought" was a right terminology here. In my opinion, just my opinion, loyalty is sticking with a team that gave you success and turn things around after a difficult period. He is looking after his own interests, which he has the right to. I don't see anything that can stop people from calling he wasn't loyal. Staying in a team for 12 years in F1, clearly means the team gave what he needed and puts itself in better light. Otherwise, drivers just leave the teams at the drop of a hat. Do you think he would have stayed with Mercedes for 12 years if they wouldn't have produced a car capable of winning title?

Luscion
Luscion
34
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:37 am

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

dialtone wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 am
Luscion wrote:
mendis wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:43 am
Most of that is hearsay. Lewis wanted to stay, Mercedes not offering brand ambassador role etc. Nobody knows what Ferrari has offered! Like everything else, that's also speculation. The only facts are Lewis leaving Mercedes while he had 1+1 contract and joining Ferrari for 2025 (terms and details unknown).
theres a reason i said they're reports and specifically mention IF they are true, in the same vein as claiming it as fact that Lewis left because he wasnt loyal and this is all ego-driven
It’s not a fact, it’s your opinion. Calling someone disloyal after the longest stint of any driver for the same team in history seems excessive, especially when he brought so many championships to said team, wouldn’t you say?
i'm not sure if you meant to quote me or the other guy saying this is all because Lewis was never loyal but we're agreeing

wiktor977
wiktor977
18
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:33 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

Image

I just wonder what was the topic of this meeting. Any ideas? :D

User avatar
zeroday
3
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

wiktor977 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:42 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/X76xv0Rb/IMG-20240212-223008.png

I just wonder what was the topic of this meeting. Any ideas? :D
Plan B.

wiktor977
wiktor977
18
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:33 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

zeroday wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:03 pm
wiktor977 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:42 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/X76xv0Rb/IMG-20240212-223008.png

I just wonder what was the topic of this meeting. Any ideas? :D
Plan B.
You are correct. Mercedes is Plan B for Fernando in 2025.

KimiRai
KimiRai
152
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:08 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

wiktor977 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:16 pm
zeroday wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:03 pm
wiktor977 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:42 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/X76xv0Rb/IMG-20240212-223008.png

I just wonder what was the topic of this meeting. Any ideas? :D
Plan B.
You are correct. Mercedes is Plan B for Fernando in 2025.
And Fernando is Mercedes' Plan B too :D

rijtuig
rijtuig
0
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:19 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

mendis wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:09 am
dialtone wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 am
Luscion wrote:
theres a reason i said they're reports and specifically mention IF they are true, in the same vein as claiming it as fact that Lewis left because he wasnt loyal and this is all ego-driven
It’s not a fact, it’s your opinion. Calling someone disloyal after the longest stint of any driver for the same team in history seems excessive, especially when he brought so many championships to said team, wouldn’t you say?
He left McLaren as he couldn't win a title and now he left Mercedes as he doesn't think he can win a title there again (my opinion)! This team gave the tools to achieve success. Literally, there was no other team that could have won a title for 5 out of 7 seasons. Such was the dominance of the cars. If it was not him in the team, Nico could have won at least 5 of them as he would be unchallenged by any team. So I don't know if "he brought" was a right terminology here. In my opinion, just my opinion, loyalty is sticking with a team that gave you success and turn things around after a difficult period. He is looking after his own interests, which he has the right to. I don't see anything that can stop people from calling he wasn't loyal. Staying in a team for 12 years in F1, clearly means the team gave what he needed and puts itself in better light. Otherwise, drivers just leave the teams at the drop of a hat. Do you think he would have stayed with Mercedes for 12 years if they wouldn't have produced a car capable of winning title?
Lots of opinions tho.

Luscion
Luscion
34
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:37 am

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post


User avatar
west52keep64
51
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:05 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

mendis wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:09 am
Such was the dominance of the cars. If it was not him in the team, Nico could have won at least 5 of them as he would be unchallenged by any team.
In 2017 & 2018 the second placed driver in the WDC was not a Mercedes driver.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002
0
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

zeroday wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:03 pm
wiktor977 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:42 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/X76xv0Rb/IMG-20240212-223008.png

I just wonder what was the topic of this meeting. Any ideas? :D
Plan B.
Plan A? who is it?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
308
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

selvam_e2002 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:02 am
zeroday wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:03 pm
wiktor977 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:42 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/X76xv0Rb/IMG-20240212-223008.png

I just wonder what was the topic of this meeting. Any ideas? :D
Plan B.
Plan A? who is it?
Plan A = Plan Antonelli should he have a great F2 year.

User avatar
Chuckjr
36
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 am
Location: USA

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

A young boy in a rookie season alongside King George representing the mighty Mercedes Benz over a multi world champion with arguably the best raw racing prowess in the field who can offer feedback to engineers that has decades of winning racing experience to back it up and make the car better?

What?

Make it make sense.
Watching F1 since 1986.

User avatar
organic
920
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:24 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

W15 launch - times in GMT

10.15 AM - YouTube premiere for car launch. Renders only

11.15 AM - Photos of the real car will be posted online, i believe as part of an in-person presentation of the car with journalists in attendance

2PM - footage will be posted from shakedown. Merc have Silverstone shakedown booked for afternoon

Matt2725
Matt2725
6
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:12 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

Chuckjr wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:32 am
A young boy in a rookie season alongside King George representing the mighty Mercedes Benz over a multi world champion with arguably the best raw racing prowess in the field who can offer feedback to engineers that has decades of winning racing experience to back it up and make the car better?

What?

Make it make sense.
One is at the tail end of his career and likely wouldn't be a good team player if the car was competitive. The other looks like he has winner written all over him for many years to come. Not to mention they won't want to lose Antonelli if he fell out of favour with Merc by being sidelined for a year, or sent to another team like Williams.

KimiRai
KimiRai
152
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:08 pm

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Post

Wolff: Our aim is to consolidate our positions towards Ferrari and Mclaren, sometimes Aston Martin, and be at the forward part of that group