2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:42
Luscion wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:36
Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:34
Instead of getting personal, you need to improve your argument. Personal attacks are a sign of frustration my friend. Unless you can prove that the names you have mentioned have met Newey and he has told them personally, it's still an assumption. Get their admissions please, not their speculations. Anybody can simply say, "inside sources" and go on telling a click bait story for an ongoing event. I don't trust the media people in general as a policy, until the facts really come out.
These people are not known for doing "click bait", they're some of the most reliable sources in F1.
Just imagine Newey going around telling people "I am quitting because of the accusations on Horner and what he did."
There has already been proof this year of reliable journalist having credible information before it was even made public, Lewis to Ferrari was leaked before they even made it official, something a lot of people never thought would happen, why is it to hard to believe reliable journalist in this instance? even SkySports has reported on it, the same thing that happened with Lewis to Ferrari

Vanja #66

dialtone wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:37
he was going to be in gardening leave till he was 200 years old
I honestly half expected we will get to read how RB can outright ban him to join another F1 team in perpetuity...

I wonder how many Max fans watched F1 when Newey was transferring from Macca to RB, how it went, how much trouble it was for both parties and why Newey deserves to be treated with highest honours after everything he helped RB with. The only fair thing now would be to release him asap and forego any gardening leave, but maybe RB catering is even better this year
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Macklaren
Macklaren

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:52
dialtone wrote:
I honestly half expected we will get to read how RB can outright ban him to join another F1 team in perpetuity...

I wonder how many Max fans watched F1 when Newey was transferring from Macca to RB, how it went, how much trouble it was for both parties and why Newey deserves to be treated with highest honours after everything he helped RB with. The only fair thing now would be to release him asap and forego any gardening leave, but maybe RB catering is even better this year
They can't do that...that would be restraint of trade. Even non competes are now banned in the US. will be WILD if that applies to F1 given Liberty (yes I know FIA is London, Paris, Dubai based)

mwillems

Vanja #66 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

They gave Marshall a good send off and didn't try to keep him on Gardening leave for an unreasonable amount of time. About 9 months, but there does appear to have been some deal between the teams to make that happen.

I suspect Horner might take the approach that Newey knows the rules about sabbaticals. His immediate transfer to another team makes his abilities a more immediate threat to Red Bull. It also makes sense to prevent him working on anyone's 26 car. If Red Bull can get a lead on the '26 design then they will be in a good place to keep pushing forward sans Newey. Letting Newey design someone's '26 car would be crazy for RB to do, to be honest. Even though I think he has earned the right to do what he pleases.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Luscion wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:46
Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:42
Luscion wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:36

These people are not known for doing "click bait", they're some of the most reliable sources in F1.
Just imagine Newey going around telling people "I am quitting because of the accusations on Horner and what he did."
There has already been proof this year of reliable journalist having credible information before it was even made public, Lewis to Ferrari was leaked before they even made it official, something a lot of people never thought would happen, why is it to hard to believe reliable journalist in this instance? even SkySports has reported on it, the same thing that happened with Lewis to Ferrari
Because, the instances you have quoted are INCIDENTS that we witnessed as facts. Do you think Newey would come out and ever say, he left because of Horner, How do we know his exact reasons to leave? How do you trust what they are saying as a FACT? Anyone can make up a reason for his departure and the most obvious one is Hornergate. If there is a roof that accidentally falls in Milton Keynes factory tomorrow, you can say the roof didn't want to stay because of Hornergate. Having followed Newey through his career as a fan, it's hard to imagine he can go around opening up himself to journalists sharing his bitter feelings.

ringo

Sieper wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:19
ringo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:05
Let's look on the other drivers for a moment.
The greatest gift Max can give them is a swap. George Russel doesn't even have to care about facing Max if he can swap with him. Sainz would also love to nestle into a redbull seat fitting while Max and entourage wander off to Brackley only to find out he made a fatal blunder.
In fact.. if were a team Principal I would low ball Max on the price if I sniff the desperation to leave. Why offer Max 50 million per year, when they guy is desperate to leave the best car? He clearly lost his mind and turned ascetic. He must not need much money then! 10 million per year to drive for Williams, or 15 for a W16 seat. Take it or stay at Redbull 8)
Max cannot win right now if he is looking to leave. He must want to stay at Redbull for the seller's power to increase. Simple economics.
“If I were” “lowball max” “sniff the desperation” “desperate to leave” “the guy” “lost his mind” “ascetic”. Is it possible to take a bigger dump on him? I wouldn’t know how. To me this is the worst part of Internet forums. That people feel at liberty to just dump their frustration on others without any consideration to the public they are dumping on. To me it is very wrong and you won’t see me do this to Lewis on the Merc thread.
I think you are reading too emotionally. I have no frustrations with Max.
It was using figurative speech, a little satire and hypophora if that's the best description, to illustrate what thoughts could go through the mind of a team principal trying to understand and figure out why a driver in the best car, getting paid 75 million per year, would bail out on the best team that is still improving, and come to his doorstep for a drive.

Does it make sense to you what is being reported? Let's be honest, what is the logic in leaving Redbull?

And if he approaches another team today, what would they consider before signing him if he is not a free agent?

They can offer him less, because his long term redbull contract ironically adds stability to the market. Max is not going anywhere until 2028 and It has to be paid off by the new team to break it, leaving less money to pay Max, or if Max has a get out clause, he likely cannot jump to the top 3 teams right away without disturbing other existing driver contracts. So there is not much leverage for him right now, and a Principal would be aware of this and be able to offer much less than Redbull. The only place I see paying him more is Aston Martin and they have Alonso and Lance.

I personally don't think Max is leaving redbull. But if he truly is planning to leave, some amount of desperation must be present (which I don't think he is). Either by him or his dad.
For Sure!!

ringo

mwillems wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:07
Vanja #66 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

They gave Marshall a good send off and didn't try to keep him on Gardening leave for an unreasonable amount of time. About 9 months, but there does appear to have been some deal between the teams to make that happen.

I suspect Horner might take the approach that Newey knows the rules about sabbaticals. His immediate transfer to another team makes his abilities a more immediate threat to Red Bull. It also makes sense to prevent him working on anyone's 26 car. If Red Bull can get a lead on the '26 design then they will be in a good place to keep pushing forward sans Newey. Letting Newey design someone's '26 car would be crazy for RB to do, to be honest. Even though I think he has earned the right to do what he pleases.
As talented as Newey is, I think he needs 2 years to make a Newey car. He will have to unravel whole departments, and get engineers to work his way and see what he sees. It will not be overnight. He will also need to learn from others.
For Sure!!

Cs98
Cs98

Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:34
Cs98 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:10
Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 18:06
Credible Journalists? You know credible journalist doesn't write such barebone nonsense. Newey isn't known to be open to journalist to provide juicy gossips about his life. Think about it. We are not talking about Marko.
Off the top of my head, Mark Hughes (The Race), Andrew Benson (BBC), Christian Nimervoll (Motorsport). Three of the most well connected journalists in the paddock, all reporting the Horner drama is a key factor in Newey leaving. I find it amusing you are so invested in denying this. What's in it for you? Are you just a contrarian by heart? Can't trust "big media"? :lol: Personally, when credible journalists sing in quire on a point of detail, I tend to listen.
Instead of getting personal, you need to improve your argument. Personal attacks are a sign of frustration my friend. Unless you can prove that the names you have mentioned have met Newey and he has told them personally, it's still an assumption. Get their admissions please, not their speculations. Anybody can simply say, "inside sources" and go on telling a click bait story for an ongoing event. I don't trust the media people in general as a policy, until the facts really come out.
There is no argument to be had, you have several of the most reputable journalists in the sport staking their reputations on reporting the same thing. And then we have you who says he "doesn't trust media people in general as a policy" and proceeds to wildly speculate using the rationale of "just think about it". Btw, you realize that your response confirmed the attitude that I was mocking, right? Complete distrust of media even when confronted with several credible journalists reporting the same details. And all this skepticism of reputable journalists and demands that I "get their admissions" ( :lol: ) only for you to immediately turn around and begin pushing your own tinpot theories about Newey. Time to triple down my friend, keep digging.

Btw, why have I seen you re-posting media reports on this site? Did you get their admissions before doing so? Or is this distrust of media perhaps a bit selective...
Last edited by Cs98 on 30 Apr 2024, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

mwillems

ringo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:30
mwillems wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

As talented as Newey is, I think he needs 2 years to make a Newey car. He will have to unravel whole departments, and get engineers to work his way and see what he sees. It will not be overnight. He will also need to learn from others.
You may be right but whichever team he goes to would likely be closer to RB than they otherwise would. If it were Ferrari for instance then that poses a significant risk even before Newey is extracting the most from his team as they enter the new regulations.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

organic

Wherever he ends up, it'll be as a consultant removed from the structure of the team. He won't be a technical director or technical officer being involved with shaping the technical department in my opinion. It'll be more along the lines of him helping to guide the team towards the correct overall concepts and ideas. Which I think he could help to accomplish fairly immediately after joining a team

Luscion
Luscion

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:51
Wherever he ends up, it'll be as a consultant removed from the structure of the team. He won't be a technical director or technical officer being involved with shaping the technical department in my opinion. It'll be more along the lines of him helping to guide the team towards the correct overall concepts and ideas. Which I think he could help to accomplish fairly immediately after joining a team
He could be a great addition for a team working on the base concept of the 2026 car. Question is, does he want to work again, and if he does, when would the gardening leave end? 2026 cars will start their design immediately in 2025.

Venturiation
Venturiation

from andrew benson

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:51
Yes, this is why outright F1 retirement is highly likely. At the moment, AMR and Mercedes would need Newey full time and at the helm. Ferrari would benefit a lot from him even as a consultant, much like Byrne is right now.

mwillems wrote:

Yup, that's pretty much what I meant

In late 2003 Honda prevented Rossi from testing with Yamaha before his trasfer to the factory team which had 0 podiums that year. After a big push with the new bike and with his racing skills, they had 9 wins, 3 podiums and won Rider and Team Championships. Honda's spiteful sabotage failed spectacularly.

In 2010, Yamaha allowed Rossi to ride Ducati right after the final race. Next year Ducati was still crap and Rossi had his worst MotoGP season yet.

Moral of the story - don't be an @$$ to people who make you successful, it will bite back. Hard.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

chrstphrln

Venturiation wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 21:13
from andrew benson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMbm7YcXsAA ... ame=medium
Probably Marko. He is then the key to Max.