2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead wrote:
01 May 2024, 06:07
organic wrote:
01 May 2024, 04:18
I wonder how the tifosi will react when ham has his off-weekends for Ferrari. If it's anything like it is for Sainz it will be a fiery thread.
Hamilton has a much easier to deal with attitude and overall demeanor so it will be fine. Sainz and his crew have been problematic for a while now, so it makes sense that they were pushed out.
Each time he's been fighting for wdc with a competitive teammate alongside him it's gone toxic, so I guess we'll have to see about that

ringo

That's factually not true. Only toxic teammates are Alonso and Nico. Both fights yeilded titles for the team ignoring dq for mclaren.
Hamilton's track record in a good car is extremely good over a seaon. No team principal complained about Hamilton playing dirty tactics or politics historically over 16 years.

Well an off hamilton weekend is a dnf of a podium if the car is good.
I am not worried for Ferrari. Charles and Lewis depend on their abilities. Classic case of Hamilton in a toxic environment is with a rival driver that resorts to politics or dirty games when they dont have an answer for Hamilton on track. Alonso, Nico to name two.
Button was a nicer teammate, but played intra team politics and had support from Whitmarsh to weaken Lewis' side of the garage.
I think a non English team is best for Lewis to just focus on driving.
Confident he will deliver a championship challenge over the whole season and give Ferrari a constructor's title in 2025.
2026 may be the title battle between Leclerc and Lewis.
For Sure!!

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
I wonder how the tifosi will react when ham has his off-weekends for Ferrari. If it's anything like it is for Sainz it will be a fiery thread.
He's a 7 time champ and will be 40 next year. No matter how good he still is, his best years are behind him. Whatever he manages to do will be fine, if he's too far behind Leclerc for two years I don't think he will want to continue.

That said, I expect he will be extremely motivated to perform from the first simulator session, let alone races.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

organic wrote:
01 May 2024, 06:26
deadhead wrote:
organic wrote:
Hamilton has a much easier to deal with attitude and overall demeanor so it will be fine. Sainz and his crew have been problematic for a while now, so it makes sense that they were pushed out.
Each time he's been fighting for wdc with a competitive teammate alongside him it's gone toxic, so I guess we'll have to see about that
It will be interesting for sure. Charles will also be a lot wiser now, the Carlos episodes have surely prepared him.

I do think there is a lot more mutual respect b/w Lewis and Charles, so I expect most of the fights on track and not off it.

I want to be positive about this. We F1 fans keep clamoring for a high profile superstar lineup, which we are now going to get. There will be some drama off track, sure. But the on track action should more than compensate and enthrall us.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 May 2024, 08:30
organic wrote:
He's a 7 time champ and will be 40 next year. No matter how good he still is, his best years are behind him. Whatever he manages to do will be fine, if he's too far behind Leclerc for two years I don't think he will want to continue.

That said, I expect he will be extremely motivated to perform from the first simulator session, let alone races.
How they design the car in terms of 'base-balance' will determine who is the dominant driver. LeClerc likes a super-pointy car with no understeer at all, and can live with a nervous rear. Hamilton likes a pointy car, but cannot tolerate a nervous rear and doesn't mind putting in some understeer as the penalty to have a stable rear.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Hamilton hasn't even joined yet and they are already talking him down here :lol: :lol:

did the GR63 "fans" move to here already?

falonso81

Ferrari apparently will not ship the new floor to Miami.

killua
killua

Redbull confirmed that Newey is leaving in early 2025. The Athletic says Newey will be a free agent then and won’t have to serve gardening leave.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

dialtone wrote:
01 May 2024, 04:26
Chances are the car will look like this then:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar ... k=S0MG82aN

Frankly a missed opportunity.
So....terrible. Ugh.

Red and blue just dont go well together on their own.

Xyz22
Xyz22

This is the greatest opportunity for Ferrari since many many years.
They have to get Newey onboard, at all costs.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:03
They are in pole position, "super consultant" looks the most realistic to me, with Byrne handing over his duties for a year of overlap and Newey then being free to work under conditions he dictates.

Unless he decides to retire, which is also likely, but being kept away from F1 for a full year won't be easy for him and it might just reignite him if he does have some doubts.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:15
Xyz22 wrote:
They are in pole position, "super consultant" looks the most realistic to me, with Byrne handing over his duties for a year of overlap and Newey then being free to work under conditions he dictates.

Unless he decides to retire, which is also likely, but being kept away from F1 for a full year won't be easy for him and it might just reignite him if he does have some doubts.
I hope so.

It would be amazing to have a new F40 like supercar designed by Adrian.

killua
killua

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:15
Xyz22 wrote:

He said in his statement that he wants to seek new challenges for himself, likely he’s not retiring.

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
01 May 2024, 06:26
deadhead wrote:
organic wrote:
Exactly. The Alonso and Rosberg pairings are probably the top 2 most fiery in recent memory of the sport. Even with Jenson it got a bit fiery when twitter telemetry started flying around :lol:

organic

Eddie Jordan (friend and manager to Adrian Newey) says that
Remember that he's been in Red Bull under constant pressure, so if he's gonna take time out and just cruise for a while, everyone would understand that. That's probably more likely to see rather diving into any other possible employment career."

"Things have slightly changed (...) he probably should and would look to the future about a change of life."